Don't forget to reset your Insider settigs

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
there's already 14393.31 in the pipeline ;)

Oh well, pulled the trigger just a tad too soon, gears are spinning, now.
... and we're back on 14393.5, seems faster, lol
IF there are issues, good to know a fix is coming ...

HOW would one find that out?
Where would I look?

Last edited:

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, I used WPInternals, and unlocking the bootloader did not enable root access. Clicking on Enable Root Access gave me an error. I'm guessing because I don't have an SD card. That is why I had to dump both partitions, mount and root, unmount and re flash. Only then was I able to install CustomPFD. The article is great but assumes that the user is already on Windows Phone 10. I found absolutely no help in those articles regarding WP 8.1 without an SD card. But it worked, and I am now on RS 14393.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, I used WPInternals, and unlocking the bootloader did not enable root access. Clicking on Enable Root Access gave me an error. I'm guessing because I don't have an SD card. That is why I had to dump both partitions, mount and root, unmount and re flash. Only then was I able to install CustomPFD. The article is great but assumes that the user is already on Windows Phone 10. I found absolutely no help in those articles regarding WP 8.1 without an SD card. But it worked, and I am now on RS 14393.

Erm, no, sorry. WPInternals is (mainly) for people with WP8.1.
I used it myself with my 1020 (no SD card) on 8.1. - no dumping or mounting were required.
I unlocked the bootloader, switched to Mass Storage Mode and changed the registry. You don't have to use CustomPFD

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, I was unable to "switch" to MSM. Which is why I had to dump the partitions ad do what I did. Not one article in this forum was geared for people who had a 1020 wanting to go from 8.1 to Redstone. And I found WPInternals totally by chance. Everyone in here was talking about WP Power Tools,CustomWPSystem, and the Interlock App. So while you may have a 1020 that was actually able to be rooted without jumping thru hoops, none of the suggestions in this forum were helpful in my situation. Nothing about vcREG 1.5 only being for WP 10. And that how people on 8.1 had to use vcREG 1.2, if they were unsuccessful in rooting their phone.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
So. If anyone out there has a 1020 and is on 8.1, and wants to go to Redstone, msg me and I'll send you a step by step guide on how to get there. Because obviously there isn't a procedure out there to be found. They all assume that we already have 10586 and want to go to Redstone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm unhappy because old lumias with 512 MB doesn't fool the system with the registry hack.
For testing purpose, I assume Redstone will make a 520 pretty unusable

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm unhappy because old lumias with 512 MB doesn't fool the system with the registry hack.
For testing purpose, I assume Redstone will make a 520 pretty unusable

14393.67 is certainly not unusable on my old 512k Lumia 635 that I've been testing it on. In fact it works pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss