Why don't any developer using this feature provided.
    07-27-2016 02:06 AM
    Why don't any developer using this feature provided.
    could you explain more on this?

Thank you
    07-27-2016 02:23 AM
    could you explain more on this?

Thank you
    I'd like to know more about this feature myself. Simply put, in All Settings->System->Apps for Websites, it has a section:
    Associate apps with websites

Some websites can be opened by an app or a browser. Turn off an app to open the website with a browser.

Your browser is the only installed app that can open websites.
    I would think that it would be rather convenient to have a link that attempts to open a website to actually open in the app for that site, such as Facebook, Twitter, Windows Central, etc. However, none of these apps, nor anything Microsoft has released, seems to register with this. You are unable to "assign an app", as it appears that you have to install an app capable of it.

I would love to know more about the plans for this feature, if anyone has info. Perhaps Daniel Rubino or some other person with an inside track can get some info for us.
    Chintan Gohel and MDK22 like this.
    07-27-2016 08:08 AM
    I'd like to know more about this feature myself. Simply put, in All Settings->System->Apps for Websites, it has a section:

I would think that it would be rather convenient to have a link that attempts to open a website to actually open in the app for that site, such as Facebook, Twitter, Windows Central, etc. However, none of these apps, nor anything Microsoft has released, seems to register with this. You are unable to "assign an app", as it appears that you have to install an app capable of it.

I would love to know more about the plans for this feature, if anyone has info. Perhaps Daniel Rubino or some other person with an inside track can get some info for us.
    AGREE with this.
    My Twitter account is NOT associated with my primary MS account.
    When I open Twitter from a link (on a webpage, or otherwise), I'd really like the app Twitter to open, not mobile Twitter in Edge.
    Would really like to know more about this.
    07-27-2016 01:55 PM