Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anniversary Preview cumulative update now rolling out to Slow ring and Release Preview Insiders | Windows Central
Anniversary Preview cumulative update build 14393.5 now available | Windows Central

This build and version is now on every Insider Ring (except Production which is really withdrawing from Insider) so it looks to be the likely Anniversary Update Nominee.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things 10.0.14393.5, discuss it all here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Software Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Software Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

My 950xl on Redstone has screen issues. Just before the screen powers off it dims. If I stop the phone sleeping, it doesn't go back to full brightness but remains locked in a dim state until I power it off.

Sometimes on waking, the screen is blank for 10 seconds too.

Battery is not great either.

Biggest pain is that SMS messages don't always make a sound. In fact I should really say they rarely make a sound. When they should.

This is on the latest recent firmware too.

Other than that, Redstone is better.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

My 950xl on Redstone has screen issues. Just before the screen powers off it dims. If I stop the phone sleeping, it doesn't go back to full brightness but remains locked in a dim state until I power it off.

Sometimes on waking, the screen is blank for 10 seconds too.

Battery is not great either.

Not sleeping correctly sounds reminiscent of the SP4 and Surface Book when they released and that would help explain the battery woes.

I'm sure you supplied Feedback. Sounds like it may be time to try reset?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Me and my little ICON doin' just fine.:smile:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.5]

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Notes
The text scaling now scales the text on the tiles making some of them unreadable.
Took a few photos this morning, turned HDR on, took two photos, waiting to save and it restarted the phone.
Going into photos adjusting the HDR on an image restarts the phone.

The new store looks good, I like the recent activity, download queue and available queue, its a nice layout.

Will try a soft reset and see if that fixes my photo app crash.

backtoscratch

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

Not running so great for me! 950 XL. Setting won't open! Nor will edge or cortana :(

I've tried soft resetting and no luck, removing better no luck. The only thing I can think of is that the phone froze during the update "step 1 migrating your data" and I had to soft reset it before starting again.

It won't let me in to settings to do a backup before I do a hard reset :( Any Thoughs?

HELP!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Not running so great for me! 950 XL. Setting won't open! Nor will edge or cortana :(

I've tried soft resetting and no luck, removing better no luck. The only thing I can think of is that the phone froze during the update "step 1 migrating your data" and I had to soft reset it before starting again.

It won't let me in to settings to do a backup before I do a hard reset :( Any Thoughs?

HELP!

Check your store for updates...

Do a normal power off/on cycle rather than a Soft Reset as the Soft version might make it forget settings changes when the system memory gets flushed.

BTW - Soft Reset was the right answer to a stalled update.

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I got this magically this Moring and it's actually working well everything is faster like woah!

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm having one problem on my Lumia 640. My work (Exchange ActiveSync'd) e-mail has stopped syncing, claiming a security policy non-compliance (error 0x86000c2a). Everything was working fine on 10586, and I also had no syncing problems on the last insider build I tried (14295).

Anyone have any ideas?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm having one problem on my Lumia 640. My work (Exchange ActiveSync'd) e-mail has stopped syncing, claiming a security policy non-compliance (error 0x86000c2a). Everything was working fine on 10586, and I also had no syncing problems on the last insider build I tried (14295).

Anyone have any ideas?
First, try a Soft Reset. If that doesn't work then;
If you know how to configure your exchange account yourself then delete it reboot your phone and re-create the account. If that doesn't work then;
Your IT guys will have to probably just delete and re-add you to Active Directory and/or delete and re-add your phone info to the Exchange Server.
Good luck.

<edit> If you don't have any success yourself, I bet it's the Exchange Server that'll need to be reset for your device. Don't they have a website for employee email?

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Anyone have any ideas?
YES!!! A weekend with no work emails!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

cortana is still just as useless, crashes like 80% of the time or doesnt do anything after hitting enter, still no black theme, and syncing notifications are as reliable as skype messages

but on the bright side, everything seems 10% faster I think

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

First, try a Soft Reset. If that doesn't work then;
If you know how to configure your exchange account yourself then delete it reboot your phone and re-create the account. If that doesn't work then;
Your IT guys will have to probably just delete and re-add you to Active Directory and/or delete and re-add your phone info to the Exchange Server.
Good luck.

<edit> If you don't have any success yourself, I bet it's the Exchange Server that'll need to be reset for your device. Don't they have a website for employee email?

Peace. Alan
Thanks! I'll start working on it tomorrow, and your suggestions are really helpful. I've had Exchange policy problems that emerged or disappeared with various Win10 upgrades and downgrades in the past (but it has been a while), and I'm optimistic.

YES!!! A weekend with no work emails!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :winktongue:
Good point! :)

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

640 XL doing fine. Battery life at par with previous Threshold build.
I jumped to fast ring yesterday. Surprised by the stability.
Store seems to be slow for update delivery.
Haven't got the camera version with the panorama feature yet.
But still rock solid build. All the apps working fine, no crashes. I miss the Skype integration though.

Camera app is the same for me. Post processing is still bad . Looks like I'll have to stick with manual post processing the DNG on a desktop (shame). Lumia camera on 8.1 was tonnes better than windows camera algorithm.
What windows camera did was cripple the awesome sensor on the 640 XL by giving out crappy jpg's.
I thought I would notice major difference after switching to RS build. But no.
The camera has become useless as a just point-and-shoot type.
You have to tweak ISO and exposure if you don't have good lighting.

I did a hard reset and started from scratch because I noticed one thing.
Whenever you do a major update/upgrade the phone memory gets filled slightly and no matter how many apps you move/uninstall from phone memory, the used space remains the same.
I had the same experience when going from 8.1-10 and now here to RS build.

I am wondering if after a major upgrade/update, the OS doesn't automatically remove the old files.
Windows 10 mobile has come so far after offering W10M for select 8.1 devices.
Now that it's ready to go to the next build. Is a hard reset going to be necessary after every major update ?

I really wish the OS update showed download progress in terms of data downloaded/data remaining like it does in store and the size of the update before the download is triggered.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

640 XL doing fine. Battery life at par with previous Threshold build.
I jumped to fast ring yesterday. Surprised by the stability.
Store seems to be slow for update delivery.
Haven't got the camera version with the panorama feature yet.
But still rock solid build. All the apps working fine, no crashes. I miss the Skype integration though.

Camera app is the same for me. Post processing is still bad . Looks like I'll have to stick with manual post processing the DNG on a desktop (shame). Lumia camera on 8.1 was tonnes better than windows camera algorithm.
What windows camera did was cripple the awesome sensor on the 640 XL by giving out crappy jpg's.
I thought I would notice major difference after switching to RS build. But no.
The camera has become useless as a just point-and-shoot type.
You have to tweak ISO and exposure if you don't have good lighting.

I did a hard reset and started from scratch because I noticed one thing.
Whenever you do a major update/upgrade the phone memory gets filled slightly and no matter how many apps you move/uninstall from phone memory, the used space remains the same.
I had the same experience when going from 8.1-10 and now here to RS build.

I am wondering if after a major upgrade/update, the OS doesn't automatically remove the old files.
Windows 10 mobile has come so far after offering W10M for select 8.1 devices.
Now that it's ready to go to the next build. Is a hard reset going to be necessary after every major update ?

I really wish the OS update showed download progress in terms of data downloaded/data remaining like it does in store and the size of the update before the download is triggered.

The camera update should arrive for your phone as from others I've seen that even the 640 got the panorama option. Just keep checking for camera updates

Can you post a photo that you've taken recently while on the insider builds? So we can see how bad the processing is? Compared with what you could get when on 8.1

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

The camera update should arrive for your phone as from others I've seen that even the 640 got the panorama option. Just keep checking for camera updates

Got the update.

Can you post a photo that you've taken recently while on the insider builds? So we can see how bad the processing is? Compared with what you could get when on 8.1

I didn't keep any of those photos which I took in low light, because they were too grainy and colors were washed out as well.
After the latest camera update (I got it today only), photos seem to be fine.
I think, they are improving the camera app, update after update.

The camera version I had before the panorama update was same as the non insider version.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Got the update.

I didn't keep any of those photos which I took in low light, because they were too grainy and colors were washed out as well.
After the latest camera update (I got it today only), photos seem to be fine.
I think, they are improving the camera app, update after update.

The camera version I had before the panorama update was same as the non insider version.

so you have panorama now?

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I still can't seem to get this update on my Icon or my Surface Book after several days. I got the .3 update on both without issue and my 950 got the update almost immediately.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

2wice has it happened that i have put my phone on charging and after a while when i tried to use it . there was no response and the phone seemed dead. no touch no lock keys worked and phone was dead blank. only way it came back to life was soft reset -_- pretty scary thing this to happen to anyone. i was like what da!! this is bad.

1st occurrence on build 14393.3 -second just now on build 14393.5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)