08-09-2016 09:57 AM
108 12345
tools
    Probably thank google for making it difficult :) They probably only check very specific version of edge instead of allowing all version of edge or something,
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-03-2016 04:53 PM
    Probably thank google for making it difficult :) They probably only check very specific version of edge instead of allowing all version of edge or something,
    Seems to be all versions of the mobile version of edge. I tried it on a stock, non insider phone today and the same thing happened. I guess this how google plans to get msoft back for all the recent anti chrome ads.
    realwarder and hippohumongous like this.
    08-03-2016 05:01 PM
    I am right in the mire!! It's now approaching 11pm, I've got an early start and I'm **** balling around bouncing 250+ contacts between my iPad mini and my 950xl. I'm still catching up on online enquiries that I didn't know weren't coming to my phone until this evening when I tried once again to log in here using Google.

Why am I really peeved?? I've got a presentation tomorrow by HP!! This is going to be a ***** if the HP rep wants to use the mail app etc.... Not a good start for the elite!! How the heck does something just happen like this? It's becoming a regular occurrence. I can see it now! HP rep, " the device does this, that and that as well, plus it's a computer!". Attendee, "what's the software like?", HP rep, '****e'
    08-03-2016 05:03 PM
    Why am I really peeved?? I've got a presentation tomorrow by HP!! This is going to be a ***** if the HP rep wants to use the mail app etc.... Not a good start for the elite!!
    Assuming it's already set up, it should work for them. It's just when setting up a new account that's busted. Already set up ones are fine.

and the HP rep hopefully decides to use outlook.com for mail instead of gmail :)
    08-03-2016 05:07 PM
    My "workaround"

I've exported all my contacts into CSV from gmail then imported to the Microsoft account I'm using via outlook .com.

contacts solved.

Migrated my calendar to outlook.com.

solved.

now I need 3rd party app for the windows phone to receive gmail mail.

or I'll just set imap via the default app.
    08-03-2016 05:10 PM
    partially solved,

You can manually add via add account > advanced settings > imap

your google account and it works. also use 2 factor authentication via "apps password" on your google account management.

Downside is you need to manually set this for each and every app you use with gmail.

I just moved all my data to outlook.com account and I use manual settings to get my gmail mail on my phone.
    08-03-2016 05:29 PM
    Guys,

In the meantime i found a decent third party app which does the same thing more or less. I have tried the mail and it is working as expected but I haven't tried the Calendar and Contacts.
    Here is the link to the app
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=528c_bZC
    08-03-2016 10:11 PM
    I'd prefer to not give sensitive credentials to an app ran in that part of the world. You know, me being kooky and thinking their security isn't that great. In the meantime you can add imap manually for mail and pin your calendar to start in edge. Not perfect, but good for now. But MS BETTER get cracking on this issue.
    08-03-2016 10:55 PM
    go for active exchange account.. look up settings for googles active sync ... it works
    08-03-2016 11:46 PM
    ... and how?
    Follow this link http://www.windowscentral.com/transf...187.1470071815
    after ur done with this....on ur phone go to email and accounts, then press Outlook account , then go to sync settings and turn on the sync and sync it....all ur gmail contacts are at ur disposal.
    All this temporary loss of gmail has made me use Outlook mail so in a way they are promoting Outlook mail i guess...
    08-04-2016 01:17 AM
    Lumia 950 on build 14393.5 no problems at all with google account in outlook.I could even import vcf contact back up through Gmail.

Originally posted by Ertonimus
    I just updated a Lumia 730 to the latest build for my roommate. This is her first windows phone and when I try to add her Gmail account by clicking Google in accounts it brings up a page in Edge saying the browser is not supported. I tried adding it as an imap/pop3 account and google sent her recovery account an email saying it blocked an attempt to sign in from an unsecure device.

Anyone know how to fix this? The phone is useless to her if she can't sync her google account. I hope this doesn't mean google is about to screw over the Anniversary Update...
    08-04-2016 02:16 AM
    Lumia 950 on build 14393.5 no problems at all with google account in outlook.I could even import vcf contact back up through Gmail.
    It only occurs when you try to add the account during setup. If you already had your account synced before this issue began you're fine.
    08-04-2016 09:43 AM
    It only occurs when you try to add the account during setup. If you already had your account synced before this issue began you're fine.
    Thank you! Heaven forbid anyone read the whole thread. Lol.
    08-04-2016 09:50 AM
    I too am having the same problem on my blu win HD lte. Is says my browser is not supported on a fresh install of win 10 mobile .
    08-04-2016 10:19 AM
    I had it set up before ... after loading settings from backup it immediatelly said google account requieres attention .. 10.0.14393.5 at lumia 640
    08-04-2016 10:31 AM
    I had it set up before ... after loading settings from backup it immediatelly said google account requieres attention .. 10.0.14393.5 at lumia 640
    Thanks to Google and his feud against Microsoft (and MS answers greater: new AU got fantastic warnings messages about Chrome draining a lot of battery on notebooks, saying Edge uses 36% less than it :D
    08-04-2016 11:19 AM
    guys since it seems to be an issue of outlook using IE to as webview ... what about trying to use older version of Outlook ? or uninstall IE from phone .. or even better .. if there is a way to force outlook to use edge as webview ??
    08-04-2016 11:42 AM
    I just want to add that I'm having the same problem on my 1520. Fortunately, the 1520 isn't my main phone at the moment. I'm going to play with it when I get off work. Hopefully a fix comes soon.
    08-04-2016 02:22 PM
    guys since it seems to be an issue of outlook using IE to as webview ... what about trying to use older version of Outlook ? or uninstall IE from phone .. or even better .. if there is a way to force outlook to use edge as webview ??
    None of this is even possible... That said, once AGAIN, IT ISNT A SPECIFIC BUILD OR DEVICE ISSUE. The issue is browser authentication on Googles side. Maybe an issue with Edge, but im betting on the prior. Can we refrain from OS settings as the culprit please. And can this site or even WinBeta/OnMSFT PLEASE for the love of the Great Spaghetti Monster look into this by contacting MS.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-04-2016 02:43 PM
    This issue is well known since yesterday.
    The radio silence from MS, Google and all MS fan websites is quite disturbing.
    08-04-2016 03:40 PM
    Where it says "your browser is not supported" look to the right and click "Sign in".

Never mind failed. My guess is MS did something to Edge in the updates. It was working fine before all the newest updates that came out.

I think Edge was reporting itself as Internet explorer and MS finally changed it to Edge, but websites that don't look for edge in specific will see it as some unsupported browser. At least that is what it seems like since it states that internet explorer is one of the supported ones.
    08-04-2016 05:00 PM
    I think its a google issue. The .494 builds suffers from the same issue and were working in the previous week.
    This issue affects everyone who attemps to login with a Google account in Outlook.
    08-04-2016 05:13 PM
    Not all builds are running the same version of Edge, Redstone(.5 and before) VS Pre Redstone(.494 and before). So its likely not Edge, would make more sense if there was a pattern to the failure, but its blanket to all devices and builds.

Where it says "your browser is not supported" look to the right and click "Sign in".

Never mind failed. My guess is MS did something to Edge in the updates. It was working fine before all the newest updates that came out.

I think Edge was reporting itself as Internet explorer and MS finally changed it to Edge, but websites that don't look for edge in specific will see it as some unsupported browser. At least that is what it seems like since it states that internet explorer is one of the supported ones.
    08-04-2016 06:12 PM
    Not all builds are running the same version of Edge, Redstone(.5 and before) VS Pre Redstone(.494 and before). So its likely not Edge, would make more sense if there was a pattern to the failure, but its blanket to all devices and builds.
    Well a build could have added code that changes the user-agent. It could be added across threshold and redstone. Given that some devices will remain on threshold indefinitely, the change is natural. So if it's happening on all older builds then yes it is likely something Google changed on their end. Maybe they saw it as a security issue. Though honestly, I don't see how. It will still work with imap. You just have to go into google and in the security area create an "app password". So you won't actually be putting your real password into the mail client.
    08-04-2016 07:07 PM
    With IMAP, you lose calendar sync, contacts sync and push notifications.
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:12 PM
108 12345