Cant add google account to build 14393.5 Anniversary

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I just updated a Lumia 730 to the latest build for my roommate. This is her first windows phone and when I try to add her Gmail account by clicking Google in accounts it brings up a page in Edge saying the browser is not supported. I tried adding it as an imap/pop3 account and google sent her recovery account an email saying it blocked an attempt to sign in from an unsecure device.

Anyone know how to fix this? The phone is useless to her if she can't sync her google account. I hope this doesn't mean google is about to screw over the Anniversary Update...

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Was able to add email manually with imap settings. Cant do so for calendar as it states there is already an account with that name. Will try deleting email account and add calendar tomorrow. SMDH... cmon MS, Christ.

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just ran into this same problem after going forward with the update and then factory resetting my device. My university email account uses google so I'm boned if I can't get this working.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My issue is that its a new phone and I can't add a google account in the settings but that screenshot is the same thing that comes up when I try to do it... my roommates first windows experience isn't going so hot.

Understood, but just saying, make some noise about it on social networks :D

Neil McDougall

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
If Google Account can't be added to your phone, try going to google account from your computer and check your security settings. A certain security option when selected will block certain devices as it might consider it a suspicious log in to your account from an unknown device. If you unselect it, then you will be able to set up email and get contacts.

Janis Mucenieks

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Not true in this case. The Google account setup process relies on webwiev (Edge) and this in turn is not recognized any more by google signin system. Turning "Allow less secure apps: ON/OFF" has no effect on this issue. Same is for double authentication and creating of special password for Outlook.
Going from "Mobile" to "Desktop" on Edge. Closing the app, restarting the device - has no effect either. At least this is the case for: 10.0.10586.494

Rui Gomes1

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
It is really very strange that you are not being able to login with the .494 release! This should work with this version.

What is your Edge version? Mine is 38.14393.5.0 on release preview.

Janis Mucenieks

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Edge I have this one: 25.10586.494
EdgeHTML: 13.10586
And no new updates available. Automatic update turned on. And I have this in Update section: "your device is up to date".

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It is really very strange that you are not being able to login with the .494 release! This should work with this version.

What is your Edge version? Mine is 38.14393.5.0 on release preview.

Mine is also 38.14393.5.0

None of the google account security options solve it either. When I got the warning that an unsupported device had signed in after trying to manually add the device with imap/pop3 I went into google security and confirmed the device was okay and tried again but it still didn't work... this is a major bummer.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Was able to add email manually with imap settings. Cant do so for calendar as it states there is already an account with that name. Will try deleting email account and add calendar tomorrow. SMDH... cmon MS, Christ.

It's allowing us to initially add it as an imap but then immediately says the account needs to be fixed and asks for the password again send wont sync.

maderpavel

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with new Lumia 650 in factory settings(10586.494) and the same after updating. What is the solution???? New phone and it is unusable for me now!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos