Cant add google account to build 14393.5 Anniversary

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Ability to use Gmail on windows mobile will be a release feature on redstone 2.

This is ridiculous, this is no bummer, is a huge bummer, completely a deal breaker ATM!!

Can some try to go to Google options and activate the less security and give it a try? This should not work for people with 2 step auth.

I turned of my extra security, same deal.
Works fine on desktop though, the Win10 Mail client tests out just fine.

GMail shows the (Mobile) login, on the Google control panel-accounts, as an IE sign-in, and not really a failure either...

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Talked to Microsoft support and it sounds like they know about the issue and are working on it.

Broken English but the point is there.

MS Support
Actually this is a known issue to us.
11:41 am
MS Support
One of the reasons you are experiencing the issue would be because of the new update that is about to be downloaded on your phone when it becomes available.
11:42 am
MS Support
Our engineers are currently working on this issue

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
it was published the windows phone upgrade is at august 9th, so week without google accounts ?!

Have you tried a third-party app?
You can also use web-mail, for that week, if that's the delay-time. I know it's not an awesome solution, but it works. Maybe one of the apps works, and is a better stop-gap.

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
web access with edge without the app works, my main problem is contacts, I'll transfer them probably to my outlook.com account and solve this issue for now until the patch.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Probably thank google for making it difficult :) They probably only check very specific version of edge instead of allowing all version of edge or something,

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably thank google for making it difficult :) They probably only check very specific version of edge instead of allowing all version of edge or something,

Seems to be all versions of the mobile version of edge. I tried it on a stock, non insider phone today and the same thing happened. I guess this how google plans to get msoft back for all the recent anti chrome ads.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I am right in the mire!! It's now approaching 11pm, I've got an early start and I'm **** balling around bouncing 250+ contacts between my iPad mini and my 950xl. I'm still catching up on online enquiries that I didn't know weren't coming to my phone until this evening when I tried once again to log in here using Google.

Why am I really peeved?? I've got a presentation tomorrow by HP!! This is going to be a ***** if the HP rep wants to use the mail app etc.... Not a good start for the elite!! How the heck does something just happen like this? It's becoming a regular occurrence. I can see it now! HP rep, " the device does this, that and that as well, plus it's a computer!". Attendee, "what's the software like?", HP rep, '****e'

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Why am I really peeved?? I've got a presentation tomorrow by HP!! This is going to be a ***** if the HP rep wants to use the mail app etc.... Not a good start for the elite!!

Assuming it's already set up, it should work for them. It's just when setting up a new account that's busted. Already set up ones are fine.

and the HP rep hopefully decides to use outlook.com for mail instead of gmail :)

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
My "workaround"

I've exported all my contacts into CSV from gmail then imported to the Microsoft account I'm using via outlook .com.

contacts solved.

Migrated my calendar to outlook.com.

solved.

now I need 3rd party app for the windows phone to receive gmail mail.

or I'll just set imap via the default app.

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
partially solved,

You can manually add via add account > advanced settings > imap

your google account and it works. also use 2 factor authentication via "apps password" on your google account management.

Downside is you need to manually set this for each and every app you use with gmail.

I just moved all my data to outlook.com account and I use manual settings to get my gmail mail on my phone.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer to not give sensitive credentials to an app ran in that part of the world. You know, me being kooky and thinking their security isn't that great. In the meantime you can add imap manually for mail and pin your calendar to start in edge. Not perfect, but good for now. But MS BETTER get cracking on this issue.

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb