Calendar live tile is still DEAD, and no Hey Cortana

frrfba

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Since Monday I was in fast ring and with the lastest Outlook I got multiple events in tile calendar.
Yesterday I made hard reset and I loose it.
Now I'm on 17.6965.41052.0

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Since Monday I was in fast ring and with the lastest Outlook I got multiple events in tile calendar.
Yesterday I made hard reset and I loose it.
Now I'm on 17.6965.41052.0

Check your microsoft account in settings and then in Calendar, you must enable it in the app

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well damn, in build .103 they finally fixed Hey Cortana for older devices!

Can now train her on my 930, with my region settings set to English US. Can anyone confirm if other languages work? (e.g. English Canada?)

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi skinnypig,

A hard reset won't fix your calendar live tile issue. In order to fix it you will need to roll your device back with WDRT then update back to W10. I have NO IDEA how/why this works but I'm 99.99% sure this will resolve your issue.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi skinnypig,

A hard reset won't fix your calendar live tile issue. In order to fix it you will need to roll your device back with WDRT then update back to W10. I have NO IDEA how/why this works but I'm 99.99% sure this will resolve your issue.

My 2 cents is I've heard of this fixing quite a few of people's problems for all sorts of different bugs they were having. It's worth a try.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that my tile is working again now after using the device recovery tool today but

1. Its not the ideal solution to waste hours returning to windows 8.1 and upgrading again so msft must find an easy solution to clear cache of build in apps (hatd reset wasn't working)
2. Nothing guarantees that the next update will not break the functionality again so as I said it needs to exist an easier way to reset the apps.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Grrr.... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that recovery tool is the only option to fix this... but I guess I'll give it a try.

There's something fundamentally flawed when something as simple as a tile updating has bugs like this that the MS team either refuses to investigate or is incapable of fixing, and is so persistent that even a hard reset doesn't get rid of.

And this doesn't help those facing this issue on x50 series devices that comes with w10m, they are screwed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers