Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

Ammar Poonawala

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

I am still getting "bluetooth is disabled in your phone settings" error in Microsoft Health app while trying to sync Band. Does anyone know how to fix this? This is happening since past couple of redstone builds.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

After a hard reset, dark mode for Bing News doesn't work for me. It's the same old white app with the old black background on articles, not the new one they released recently. Uninstalling didn't work... Anyone else?

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Got .67 last night on my 650 and no problems yet other than the battery drain on this phone. In just a little over an hour from a full charge I am down to 77% with light browsing. Maybe its the small battery size? With the SD 212 this phone has, you would think battery life would be better, but no dice.
So glad I have the 640 XL now as that has good battery life running .5 right now.

Is the battery drain issue just after you updated to x.67 ? Isn't this the time when the OS runs some background optimisations (maybe .NET JIT) or something like that, and you should wait for some time for the battery to settle down?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

I think it might be more to do with battery size. I can also use battery saver too I suppose and shut down some apps i don't need running in the background.
Just checked battery and I am now at 64 %. May be because the battery is 2000mA ?
Just have to play around with it and see I guess

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

(Sorry if it's kind of tl;dr)
I would like to confirm my suspicions on the condition of my phone (so that before I go to the MS store here in our country, I can tell them the problem correctly lol). So it started happening after I updated my 950 XL (dual sim) to the previous cumulative update (just before 14393.67) for the Anniversary update. My phone would restart (or most of the time, shut down) randomly. It occurred more often when I use my cellular data on apps like FB (beta) and Messenger (beta). I was advised to stop them from running in the background. After doing so, the random restarts/shut downs happened more and more often, most especially when my phone's battery reaches 20-30%. Again, on a forum a here, a user told me that it might be a battery problem. When I checked the battery, it seemed to be bulging a little. And after that, the restarts/shut downs are just observed when my phone is discharging. So, is the problem really the battery alone or should I still consider a software bug as part of the problem? (Updated my phone earlier to the latest cumulative update but the problem still persists) Thanks!

Seriously. I'm convinced something whether it be .5 software or the new firmware started causing battery issues for people. My battery was fine and after one of these it started rebooting/shutting down. I took the battery out and it was bulging/swollen. I have the Microsoft Complete extended warranty and I took it into the store and they replaced my phone completely as they had no batteries. DO NOT use the battery if it is bulging. It is dangerous!

It's weird because I've been reading a lot of people having this issue recently on the 950xl models. I believe that some software/firmware issue has caused the batteries to likely misbehave with fast charge or protection for overcharging is broken. I am no longer using insider builds because of this issue.

Take it to the MS store if it's bulging and tell them you were told it's a safety concern and it needs to be replaced right away. Hope you have the Extended warranty otherwise you may likely have to wait for a replacement battery. But seriously do not use it! The chemical could leak and the battery could even explode.

waycoolkennel

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Hmm... Mine works fine. See both my O365 work appointments and Outlook.com rotating on the live tile... maybe its a regional thing ? Of course I did do a hard reset after the update... ;)

waycoolkennel

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Looks like things are much closer in this build.. seeing fewer oddities on my 950 ATT. It's difficult to tell on battery life.. I did a hard reset after the update that that always makes battery life unstable for a day or so...

Many of the apps had to be updated more than once... I'm not sure if there is a round of AU specific updates for apps in this build or what.. and I'm talking MS apps .. Mail/Cal,People,word,excel etc... It remains to be seen how well Bluetooth/Cortana work.. it was very much hit or miss in the last build though I didn't do a hard reset. Cortana would almost never hear the first response to a SMS (i.e. "REPLY") and would wait the 30 seconds or so and ask again if you want to reply.. which would then almost always work..

Yet to see what else is fixed... or not at this point. Most everything I see is working pretty well including the retina scan .. pretty accurate IMO though I don't wear glasses ;)

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Groove, still unable to connect for one of my HS, via BT; (950XL, Build: 14393.67).

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

When I checked the battery, it seemed to be bulging a little. And after that, the restarts/shut downs are just observed when my phone is discharging. So, is the problem really the battery alone or should I still consider a software bug as part of the problem? (Updated my phone earlier to the latest cumulative update but the problem still persists) Thanks!

Any time your battery swells it is not good. Replace it ASAP.

Yes, this likely is the cause of all your shutdown/reboot issues.

waycoolkennel

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Groove still unable to connect via BT; (950XL, Build: 14393.67).

What does this mean ? Does Groove itself have Bluetooth connection? I can connect to both headphone(BT) and car BT ... Groove plays fine.. Somehow I think I'm missing the issue???

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

What does this mean ? Does Groove itself have Bluetooth connection? I can connect to both headphone(BT) and car BT ... Groove plays fine.. Somehow I think I'm missing the issue???

Sorry, I had written in previous posts that I was having trouble hearing Groove via BT on one of my HS; first, it was cutting out; then yesterday, failed to connect to the HS I was using via BT at all - while, at the same time, another Music Player was connecting but it too was cutting out. I has hopeful that with last nights .67 update, it would have fixed "my" issue, but it hasn't... as of yet.

I guess I removed too much of the Quote in the last Post...sorry for the confusion:)

dreamfly

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

On my 950XL, Edge can't browse to www.sfgate.com Nothing returned. A refresh of the link will change the URL to the previous URL. Very strange. All other browsers work.

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I really was hoping they'd fix the calendar tile issue in this one, yet here we are once again staring at a blank tile with the outlook logo. You have to wonder, is it really that hard to make the calendar tile roll over to a new date when the clock strikes 12? Or do they just don't care that it's broken? I wish they at least acknowledge it as a known problem but there's like nothing.

My tile has the current date. I've never had this issue. I'm running on an HTC One M8, if that makes any difference.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I really was hoping they'd fix the calendar tile issue in this one, yet here we are once again staring at a blank tile with the outlook logo. You have to wonder, is it really that hard to make the calendar tile roll over to a new date when the clock strikes 12? Or do they just don't care that it's broken? I wish they at least acknowledge it as a known problem but there's like nothing.
Have you reported it to the Feedback Hub? If so then they clearly don't care. If you've only talked about it here, then they don't know about it. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.67]

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Update went well this AM, no ill effects whatsoever, battery life is almost awesome. Beginning to really like this 950 XL, probably run the build on my 950 also. Finally.

It's not a Redstone issue either, the production builds had Cortana/Bluetooth voice, and Groove issues too.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Tile bug is still there when swiping to all apps list the tile logo disappears as well as when scrolling on the home screen.

It was fixed in .3 but it came back in .5 .... sigh

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

My tile has the current date. I've never had this issue. I'm running on an HTC One M8, if that makes any difference.

Oh how I envy you. If you look in the feedback hub, it's obvious many people are facing this issue.

Have you reported it to the Feedback Hub? If so then they clearly don't care. If you've only talked about it here, then they don't know about it. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.67]

Oh believe me, I have left feedback about this, I've upvoted others' feedback about this, I've tweeted Donna about this. It's as you say, they clearly don't care ☹

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

so i have encountered a major bug in the current build , today i have done a hard reset on my device and after the reset when i entered settings , i dont see any options. its just a blank page with search box. this bug has surfaced after a hard reset and earlier it was fine. here is the screenshot, now i am bound to do another reset .

wp_ss_20160811_0001.png

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

so i have encountered a major bug in the current build , today i have done a hard reset on my device and after the reset when i entered settings , i dont see any options. its just a blank page with search box. this bug has surfaced after a hard reset and earlier it was fine. here is the screenshot, now i am bound to do another reset .

View attachment 129328

Let your phone complete all core app updates and syncs. don't reset it again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo