Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

Got .67 last night on my 650 and no problems yet other than the battery drain on this phone. In just a little over an hour from a full charge I am down to 77% with light browsing. Maybe its the small battery size? With the SD 212 this phone has, you would think battery life would be better, but no dice.
So glad I have the 640 XL now as that has good battery life running .5 right now.

Two reboots in a 15 minutes row. Never seen before on my 650. (during Edge streaming music)

So I just enrolled my 650 (which I bought just a couple of days ago) for x.67 and it updated. While I'm not facing battery/reboot issues (because it's a brand new device?) I am perplexed and a bit disappointed in the AU candidate build. Doesn't seem like much improvement over 1511 - except for some small UI tweaks (look and feel) here and there (like icons in settings) - I still see some issues like no email notification sounds when locked and now outlook live tile stopped showing new email summary/counts on it. Some of the UI glitches like the top status bar flashing when switching/restoring apps is also there. Don't feel any UI smoothness/speed/responsiveness improvements either (though 1511 was already smooth for me) - things like the little delay in the click sound when you turn off the phone display via power button is still there :cry:

Tried playing around with the settings like background apps and updating everything via store and what not, and even a soft reset with rebooting the thing before and after a few times as well. Will try a hard reset and see if that makes any difference.

In the background apps (which I try to disable as many as possible) I see some new items like "Content Delivery Manager" and "Windows Lock Screen" which I've tried leaving enabled and disabled - no idea what they do.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.67 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

So I just enrolled my 650 (which I bought just a couple of days ago) for x.67 and it updated. While I'm not facing battery/reboot issues (because it's a brand new device?) I am perplexed and a bit disappointed in the AU candidate build. Doesn't seem like much improvement over 1511 - except for some small UI tweaks (look and feel) here and there (like icons in settings) - I still see some issues like no email notification sounds when locked and now outlook live tile stopped showing new email summary/counts on it. Some of the UI glitches like the top status bar flashing when switching/restoring apps is also there. Don't feel any UI smoothness/speed/responsiveness improvements either (though 1511 was already smooth for me) - things like the little delay in the click sound when you turn off the phone display via power button is still there :cry:

Tried playing around with the settings like background apps and updating everything via store and what not, and even a soft reset with rebooting the thing before and after a few times as well. Will try a hard reset and see if that makes any difference.

In the background apps (which I try to disable as many as possible) I see some new items like "Content Delivery Manager" and "Windows Lock Screen" which I've tried leaving enabled and disabled - no idea what they do.

Every ?phone needs a couple of days for syncin and upating all core apps to newest vrs.
And that's not the UA build still ;)

My 650 on last .65 is faster than ever

PS: I undestood my double reboot was due to always the same streaming music file :D

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Still cannot get GROOVE over BT, have to use an alternate Music Player for daily runs.

Today, had an issue with the alternate MP connecting; tried everything before finally getting it to work by disconnect the headset, and re-Pair it back to the phone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Still cannot get GROOVE over BT, have to use an alternate Music Player for daily runs.

Today, had an issue with the alternate MP connecting; tried everything before finally getting it to work by disconnect the headset, and re-Pair it back to the phone.

Do you tried to enable secondary BT channel in Cortana messages reading settings? I guess it,. maybe it works for music streaming

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Do you tried to enable secondary BT channel in Cortana messages reading settings? I guess it,. maybe it works for music streaming

What does enabling that setting actually do, do you know? I have trouble getting Cortana to read my text messages over Bluetooth in the car. It usually takes two tries for her to hear me. Do you think enabling alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech might help?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Is this setting found in: Cortana > Menu > Settings > Edit sync settings?
or,
Is this setting found in: Cortana > Menu > Settings > Read incoming text messages aloud > Bluetooth and wired headsets?

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Is this setting found in: Cortana > Menu > Settings > Edit sync settings?
or,
Is this setting found in: Cortana > Menu > Settings > Read incoming text messages aloud > Bluetooth and wired headsets?

I thought he was referring to the setting under Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth -> Advanced but I might be wrong.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Is this setting found in: Cortana > Menu > Settings >

Enbale Bluettoh and scroll down for seein and enabling "use alternative Bluetooth connection"

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

What does enabling that setting actually do, do you know? I have trouble getting Cortana to read my text messages over Bluetooth in the car. It usually takes two tries for her to hear me. Do you think enabling alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech might help?

I guess it, there's one more settings, explanation says Use that in case of bt voice troubles, why don't you try?

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

How many clocks do you have now? I think there's a limit, after which the "+" disappears.

none clock.. is bug and fixed in latest Alarms & Clock app for Fast Insiders..

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Every ?phone needs a couple of days for syncin and upating all core apps to newest vrs.
And that's not the UA build still ;)

My 650 on last .65 is faster than ever

PS: I undestood my double reboot was due to always the same streaming music file :D

Yep, I'm looking forward to final/actual AU release and whatever following Cumulative Updates it has to stabilise things... not to mention really looking forward to any improvements RS2 and RS3 bring. It's gonna be a LONG wait til 2017 even though I hope to run Insider builds.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Enbale Bluettoh and scroll down for seein and enabling "use alternative Bluetooth connection"

Mauizio, Thanks for the input, but no luck; tried with and with out, advanced setting checked - Cortana worked in both, with and without the check; Groove failed to work in either.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My 950XL on .67 still struggles with Bluetooth in my car. Yesterday I started my car while podcast lounge was playing. The car connected, but audio kept using the phone speaker. Trying to toggle Bluetooth on the phone failed, had to reboot to get it to work.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I guess it, there's one more settings, explanation says Use that in case of bt voice troubles, why don't you try?

I've enable it. Now just have to wait for someone to text me while I'm driving. :)

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Nokiapoweruser is suggesting that .67 may be the final anniversary release. I cant believe that could be true given the existing bugs...

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Nokiapoweruser is suggesting that .67 may be the final anniversary release. I cant believe that could be true given the existing bugs...

What really troubles me is not just the fact that there are bugs, but also how random it all is. Take my favourite calendar tile bug for example: it's obvious many people are facing this issue when you look at the amount of feedback about it in the feedback hub, but for many people it works. For some it's been broken for several builds, for others it broke just recently. Some have been able to fix it with a hard reset, other have no such luck.

All this randomness doesn't really give me much confidence at this late a stage and points to some fundamental flaws and instability in the core OS.

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I did a hard reset to try and fix my Wifi issue, and now my Calendar, People, and Cortana live tiles are all dead. WTF?

LeonC1963

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

Just installing it on my 640 XL

jaylani_jasman23

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Now Anniversary Update , this time it is true , feel free to speak about ups & downs in it

Lumia 1520
Slow ring

Many feature I don't have like incognito in edge, phone not sync with pc, no panorama in camera. Can someone explain to me why?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss