Insider device pool

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
In light of recent events (RS2 being released to PC insiders), I've started wondering wether the Insider device pool is going to change.
We know that RS2 is going to focus more on mobile devices (which is great, we get some love as well), but which devices are those.
Even I with my 1520 am starting to fear that MS will just say that it's too old of a device, and that it won't be getting any more updates. I hope not, though we've seen phones being cut out of the program (even if they could run the update).
What are your thoughts on this?

SillyBirds

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could bring redstone to my 920 (without registry hacks), but I guess I should be happy it managed to get w10 with threshold 2.

At this point I'm gonna continue holding out for that mythical surface phone.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could bring redstone to my 920 (without registry hacks), but I guess I should be happy it managed to get w10 with threshold 2.

At this point I'm gonna continue holding out for that mythical surface phone.

why not editing your registry? it's even easier now with this app

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My worry is that tricking the OS into thinking it's a different phone through the registry, is later gonna cause problems when the OS runs the phone (ie like driving an old car thinking it's a ferrari).
I still don't quite get you, sorry ;)
The OS can't "ruin" your phone. Either it runs or it doesn't. If you end up in a bootloop or encounter major problems you can always go back to WP8.1
It's your choice!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My worry is that tricking the OS into thinking it's a different phone through the registry, is later gonna cause problems when the OS runs the phone (ie like driving an old car thinking it's a ferrari).

I still don't quite get you, sorry ;)
The OS can't "ruin" your phone. Either it runs or it doesn't. If you end up in a bootloop or encounter major problems you can always go back to WP8.1
It's your choice!

what is being said is what if the OS thinks it's a 930 and looks for the 4 mics and can't find all of them and hence recording suffers? Or it thinks the phone has a better screen resolution and doesn't display so well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss