09-01-2016 10:26 PM
69 123
tools
    still no luck. One step forward, two steps back.
    Wait and retry once every hour. Insiders program is working, your local area server connection got iussue
    magicdesign and RumoredNow like this.
    08-19-2016 10:41 AM
    When I dismiss notifications from my PC (Facebook, etc.), they don't dismiss from my phone. Is that normal?
    Last edited by Kerry2112; 08-19-2016 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Punctuation!
    08-19-2016 05:22 PM
    Yeah, weird, they must've changed that, I'm about 99% positive I tried to set 7A-1A before, and it said it had to be <= 12 hours.
    18 is definitely better, not the same as manual triggered, but better.
    I figured out why I thought it was 12 the other day, finally!

I was trying to schedule a restart on my PC today, and realized, they constrain the hours to 12, so 9-9 or something.

I realize it's not this forum necessarily, but I wonder why they made it different, mores so I wonder why the PC cant be 18...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-20-2016 06:43 PM
    I finally decided to report the pinch zoom problem in the photos app (pinch zoom doesn't match center of gesture, panning stops working). Turns out it's the top photos problem, with almost a thousand votes. I hope a fix is in the works, because this is maximally embarrassing. Every single time you show pictures to someone (likely an iOS or Android user) you have to say, sorry, Windows 10 is buggy.
    Maurizio Troso and Rubidad like this.
    08-21-2016 09:32 AM
    After a windows recovery back to .67, I am trying to sign up for insider again to .82

When trying to sign up for insider, its saying I need to be connected to the internet (I am, apps update, browser works etc).

Any ideas?
    Ok I faced the same issue so what worked for me is I just unlinked my microsoft account and relinked again ( while relinking it showed me two options one of which had my profile picture for outlook account and other was titled "Microsoft account" and has regular 4 colored window pic. I chose the former one). Issue solved. I was able to get enrolled and downloading 14393.82 right now.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-21-2016 11:07 AM
    Yeah. Thanks - it fixed itself after a few hours. Never simple though. I guess that's why Apple is so successful...
    08-21-2016 04:16 PM
    simple and work
    08-22-2016 12:42 AM
    Seeing a few more BT issues, even though connected to my stereo headset a text was read over the phone speaker and experienced a bit of stuttering streaming music. Also still seeing issues with the mail live tile not clearing after being opened and from the notification center.
    08-23-2016 02:24 PM
    Had three system reboots in the past two days. No pattern - once when using camera, once when plugged in in the car listening to music on Cloudmuzik and once when browsing in Edge. More than I ever had in Fast Ring.
    08-23-2016 06:41 PM
    Some observations on my Lumia 640 Lte:
    The HD camera has worked correctly every time, finally!!!!!!!
    Viewing the pictures is now screwed up (see Joe920's post).
    Notification issues with Cortana and 4Castr, and perhaps other apps, persist.
    Every time I install an OS update, all apps stored on the micro SD card are ghosted on the start screen while the app screen states these apps are unavailable. The storage setting fails to show a micro SD card. Sometimes this is resolved by a soft reset, sometimes I've had to re-install all the programs after removing and formatting the card on my laptop. I've had the same result with 2 other micro SD cards also...It seems that MS's historical problems with peripheral drives-cd, dvd, SD, micro-SD and even ext hard drives, persist (I was unable to successfully update my 8.1 laptop to 10 until I removed the SD card!).
    Battery life has improved, but is still twice that of 8.1
    The changes in the UI on the live tiles, settings, store, are greatly improved, IMHO, although some privacy settings have been "hidden," or shall we say "moved."
    Any ideas what the top 3 apps in the photo might be? The ones that look like VB code?
    wp_ss_20160824_0001.jpg
    08-24-2016 02:22 PM
    I'm so jealous! Maybe it's time for an upgrade from my 950XL to a 640. :D
    08-24-2016 06:07 PM
    Originally posted by Rubidad
    The HD camera has worked correctly every time, finally!!!!!!!
    Notification issues with Cortana and 4Castr, and perhaps other apps, persist.
    Every time I install an OS update, all apps stored on the micro SD card are ghosted on the start screen while the app screen states these apps are unavailable. The storage setting fails to show a micro SD card. Sometimes this is resolved by a soft reset, sometimes I've had to re-install all the programs after removing and formatting the card on my laptop. I've had the same result with 2 other micro SD cards also...It seems that MS's historical problems with peripheral drives-cd, dvd, SD, micro-SD and even ext hard drives, persist (I was unable to successfully update my 8.1 laptop to 10 until I removed the SD card!).
    Battery life has improved, but is still twice that of 8.1
    The changes in the UI on the live tiles, settings, store, are greatly improved, IMHO, although some privacy settings have been "hidden," or shall we say "moved."
    Any ideas what the top 3 apps in the photo might be? The ones that look like VB code?
    wp_ss_20160824_0001.jpg

There old Nokia Lumia apps, here drive etc
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-24-2016 07:14 PM
    Moving on to 14393.103: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ease-ring.html

Continue here for 14393.82 only...
    08-25-2016 01:42 PM
    This hasn't come out for Production yet, has it? I feel like they skipped a build and went straight to test .103
    08-25-2016 10:32 PM
    This hasn't come out for Production yet, has it? I feel like they skipped a build and went straight to test .103
    That's what Release Ring is for, they test patches and fixes to get them ready for Patch Tuesday Cumulative Updates that go to Production/Official each month. Release Ring is the test group for the current branch. They don't see experimental builds. They do get the RTM a bit early, like one to two weeks. So no new Build on Release Ring until RS 2 is near ready for OTA rollout, just .xxx increments.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:49 PM
    That's what Release Ring is for, they test patches and fixes to get them ready for Patch Tuesday Cumulative Updates that go to Production/Official each month. Release Ring is the test group for the current branch. They don't see experimental builds. They do get the RTM a bit early, like one to two weeks. So no new Build on Release Ring until RS 2 is near ready for OTA rollout, just .xxx increments.
    Ah, ok, so let's hope it's released soon to Production, whatever build might be. I just thought they were keeping the build parity with desktop Cumulative Updates.
    08-26-2016 02:27 PM
    Ah, ok, so let's hope it's released soon to Production, whatever build might be. I just thought they were keeping the build parity with desktop Cumulative Updates.
    I guess since the AU lagged a bit, the parity will have to build back up. Hopefully by September's Patch Tuesday?
    08-26-2016 02:33 PM
    I guess since the AU lagged a bit, the parity will have to build back up. Hopefully by September's Patch Tuesday?
    Yeah, that's what I thought, after some more testing by our friends the Insiders :)
    08-29-2016 07:41 AM
    Anyone already mentioned how sometimes after unlocking the phone the brightness is off? It's too dark. It's solved by locking and unlocking again. It's really annoying though not major.
    09-01-2016 10:26 PM
69 123