Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.82 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

So you're saying the phone completely ignores "Active hours" and reboots whenever it wants? That's bad. Hope you raised this in the feedback hub.

no, it rebooted at the times it is allowed to do so, the problem is this update system leaves you no other option, it would be cool as a feature to automate things if you want that, but being mandated into rebooting sooner or later is just unacceptable, people have emergencies, anyone with a phone expects it to be ready to work at any given time

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The "active hours" are constrained, to 12 hours...

My device allows up to 18 hours...

wp_ss_20160817_0001.jpg

no, it rebooted at the times it is allowed to do so, the problem is this update system leaves you no other option...

If you know you have a restart coming you can schedule when it happens. I know that doesn't anticipate an emergency, but scheduling for a certain time is an option...

wp_ss_20160817_0002.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is that question for me?

If yes... You said there is no option and I pointed one out. Again, it doesn't anticipate an emergency and I stipulated that.

However, stating that you have "no other option" is a bit of a fallacy. I felt the record could use an annotation. Not every reader knows these options exist and my post was for the benefit of those who might not be aware they can schedule their restarts.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I see 14905 is out for Fast ring insiders. I've moved off the fast lane for a while (anticipating buggy builds) but I'll keep an eye on forum feedback to see when to jump back in.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Is that question for me?

If yes... You said there is no option and I pointed one out. Again, it doesn't anticipate an emergency and I stipulated that.

However, stating that you have "no other option" is a bit of a fallacy. I felt the record could use an annotation. Not every reader knows these options exist and my post was for the benefit of those who might not be aware they can schedule their restarts.

notification only displayed "My device allows up to 18 hours..." and thats what I replied to

and no there is no other option other than letting the phone reboot and update at some point, care to tell us how to stop that?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

My device allows up to 18 hours...

View attachment 129554

If you know you have a restart coming you can schedule when it happens. I know that doesn't anticipate an emergency, but scheduling for a certain time is an option...

View attachment 129556

Yeah, weird, they must've changed that, I'm about 99% positive I tried to set 7A-1A before, and it said it had to be <= 12 hours.
18 is definitely better, not the same as manual triggered, but better.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

I was hoping that Groove Music on my 950XL would start to work on this build, but no luck; Groove acts as though all is well (shows all my songs, timer reacts when I hit play, pauses then pause is hit); just...NO SOUND! Neither on phone speakers, or BT headset?

I have had Groove issues that for the most part has been made bearable. My battery life is much improved and Groove was the only thing that I used, if I didn't use Groove my battery would probably last 2 days. I have intermittent no sound to my vehicle or LG headphones on bluetooth. I have the no sound with Iheart Radio, Pandora, Audiable, and Groove. I usually have to reboot both parties. I have not had the chronic problems you have had though.

I did the formatting of the SD card then copy them with Windows Explorer, doesn't seem to make any difference. I turned off wifi and immediately set the source to on this device and the thing still goes to my OneDrive which I do not want, I changed my folder name to _music and it still found it. I wish it was that good about finding all my files--which it is not. I should rename it to nomusic, see what it does with that! LOL

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

notification only displayed "My device allows up to 18 hours..." and thats what I replied to

Ah. K. That part really had nothing to do with your issue. Sorry if your notification led you astray...

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, but I don't seem to be getting Telegram notifications on my phone (950XL/ 14393.82). And, anyways, the Telegram app on W10 sucks! But it is a bit inconvenient because I use Telegram heavily.

Also, some of you are referring to devices sync and having problems. What do you mean by device sync? Like I receive a message on the phone (say SMS) and I get the corresponding notification on the PC? If this is what you folks mean, then as of now at least I am not facing this. Of course, Telegram is again the outlier - but then we've already been over that though it warrants mentioning again that Telegram on W10 regardless of build leaves much to be desired from.

Sorry for the mini-rant there about telegram, but yes on this build - in comparison to the official AU build - I am having problems with notifications (specifically where Telegram is concerned).

Jeff Pigott

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have issues where after the anniversary update Email, Edge, Messaging are all flipping landscape. I am not sure if my Rotation lock was on this morning when I didn't notice this keeping it in portrait, or I flipped some text size setting? Not seeing this reported anywhere else, but it is annoying. It does a split screen on Outlook client which is nice, but would want to know how to keep it in portrait other than rotation lock? I am upgrading to 10.0.1493.82 now to see if that changes anything. Also hoping to get the new camera app and mobile payments....

Jeff Pigott

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

fixed this with the Level App from Microsoft, others were pulling the battery. Or giving the phone a smack..

Mark Cesari

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 950 unlocked - 14393.82 build

I've experienced 2 new issues that I'm curious if anyone else has seen.

1. Action Center will not work from the Start screen (cant swipe it down etc.) When on the lock screen it works ok. I have only ever seen this once and coincidentally I had just used the phone prior to test Continuum connecting to my W10Pro desktop. I had to restart the device to fix the issue.

2. Screen dims to its minimum position occasionally. This has happened twice, once when opening the Reddit app and another when attempting to click on a notification. I have disabled auto-adjust brightness and set it to 40% and when it dims on its own both those settings are still showing as what I have set them despite being dimmed to the minimum level. I can return it to the correct brightness level by locking and unlocking the device.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

2. Screen dims to its minimum position occasionally. This has happened twice, once when opening the Reddit app and another when attempting to click on a notification. I have disabled auto-adjust brightness and set it to 40% and when it dims on its own both those settings are still showing as what I have set them despite being dimmed to the minimum level. I can return it to the correct brightness level by locking and unlocking the device.

This is what I reported on the previous build - just before the phone sleeps it dims the screen. On old OS builds if you then touched the screen it brightened. On recent ones it stays dim until a lock.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Had Edge address bar not be focusable. Switched tabs and it restored operation.
Had audio corruption in an ad video in a game. Could have been the ad I guess although video was fine.
Screen didn't come on after unlock once.
Still have screen dimming and notification issues from before.

All ok other than these.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

That wave of rollout takes way too long to reach me :(
Lumia 640 here

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Broke my rule of not installing any beta builds on my regular phone, this'll teach me; issues with this build so far, some apps wont open; mtalk, Newsflow, Disqus, cortana edit app sync settings. All crash and freeze and have to hit Start to resume functioning, don't know which other apps this affects as haven't tested all.

Phone was getting extremely hot, restart didn't fix. Had to exit the insider program and set my feedback to Basic for it to stop trying to go nuclear.

Also seeing some graphical glitches, like a split second stutter or flash of white similar to switching apps in tablet mode on desktop Windows.

After rebooting as the phone starts up the start screen is shown very briefly before the lock screen image comes up but it's blank with no time or date shown until tapped or swiped.

On a positive note it does seem more responsive and a bit faster, hopefully there is another update to fix issues people are reporting.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Random bug: can't share a photo to outlook. From photos app with a picture showing, hit share, select outlook, select account to use. I get the outlook splash screen, and it stays stuck on that for minutes. Restarting right now to see if that fixes it.

Edit: nope, doesn't fix it. Does anyone else see this bug?

Edit 2: it's even worse, I can't reply to emails from my outlook.com account in this .82 release, or compose a new message on my outlook.com account.

Edit 3: OK, so there are tons of reports of this in the feedback hub. Pretty bad bug for a release preview version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb