Windows 10 Mobile build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Summer_Moon, are the apps installed on your device, or the SD CARD? If they are on the SD card, move them to the device; soft reset, update apps again.

Good luck.

Thanks! This worked. I had it set to install to SD. Once I changed to install them to device everything started updating correctly again. Odd, but at least I now have apps :)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! This worked. I had it set to install to SD. Once I changed to install them to device everything started updating correctly again. Odd, but at least I now have apps :)

Your welcome, glad that worked for you....cheers!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Hallelujah!

Woke this morning to 9 app updates in the store, Groove is back up and running for me, in fact all my above issues have been resolved...Thank you Microsoft Team; damn good job!

Probably they had a dedicated mtf1380 team working all night...

:)

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

After updated, I no longer have Glance screen and I can't turn it on, going in Glance screen options I make a switch to turn it on, nothing happens, when I reopen Glance screen options it is turned off.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

After updated, I no longer have Glance screen and I can't turn it on, going in Glance screen options I make a switch to turn it on, nothing happens, when I reopen Glance screen options it is turned off.

Glance isn't an app anymore, is a core setting. Check there

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Had this bug since my Lumia was on 14393 and it's still here. Don't know if it's the phone or the surface but I cannot connect my surface to my 640.

They pair fine, but when it connects, it connects for like 1 second then disconnects.

SP4 is on 14393.51
640 is on 14905

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My biggest annoyance is the new sound scheme, on my 950 XL DS US, most alerts have defaulted to my sms alert tone. There does not appear to be a way to change the default app tone.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Custom/fixed vibration would be nice since WP8.1 days. Every time I set a custom tone the vibration defaults to 3 vibrations for each message; drains the battery if its a long conversation and its kinda annoying.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

My biggest annoyance is the new sound scheme, on my 950 XL DS US, most alerts have defaulted to my sms alert tone. There does not appear to be a way to change the default app tone.

We are looking for old bank tones in forum, we found something mp3's, try search forum ;)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I woke up today to a new alarm sound.

I liked it :)

embrace the change!

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Just installed 14905.1000...

...and now the Store is broken!

Anytime I open the store, about 5 seconds later, it just closes itself! So I can't download anything! Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I've done soft and hard resets with no change.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just installed 14905.1000...

...and now the Store is broken!

Anytime I open the store, about 5 seconds later, it just closes itself! So I can't download anything! Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I've done soft and hard resets with no change.

If you just updated the OS, the Store itself may need to update. Give it some time to work itself out and stay on WiFi.

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

What I want for the next builds is to have better (true) multitasking. If I open an app and then touch on the start icon, I want the app to be open in the exact place where I left it. In short, I want Windows Mobile to have equal (or better) multitasking than Android and iOS.
Some apps WILL do this. It's my understanding that the developer needs to program it to do this. Older apps will sort of reset themselves when you switch back, but good apps will remain where you left them.

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know when they might fix the Cortana voice to text. I love this feature and it seems with every build they break it fix break it fix it.I understand I am using a beta and bugs will exist But it seems like this is a common theme of not working properly. I love this even this buggy version is better than the alternate choices. Also another area that always seems to be getting worse better worse better is groove music. It not seeing my music cant sync playlist take forever to resume what I was playing when I stop my music. I actually have to open the app and than wait than the now playing banner appears 5 seconds later.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know when they might fix the Cortana voice to text. I love this feature and it seems with every build they break it fix break it fix it.I understand I am using a beta and bugs will exist But it seems like this is a common theme of not working properly. I love this even this buggy version is better than the alternate choices. Also another area that always seems to be getting worse better worse better is groove music. It not seeing my music cant sync playlist take forever to resume what I was playing when I stop my music. I actually have to open the app and than wait than the now playing banner appears 5 seconds later.

Ar we you doing "hard resets" after install?...not just soft reset

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Are you insider by chance?

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Hard Restart have to say no soft going into about and hit reset. Or can you tell me is that a hard reset ? going to the about area of the settings and hit reset

Yes on insider

I do send feedback me being in the insider program. I just come here time to time to see if some might be having the same issues

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb