The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-01-2016 08:08 AM
79 1234
tools
    After updated, I no longer have Glance screen and I can't turn it on, going in Glance screen options I make a switch to turn it on, nothing happens, when I reopen Glance screen options it is turned off.
    Glance isn't an app anymore, is a core setting. Check there
    08-19-2016 12:00 PM
    Probably they had a dedicated mtf1380 team working all night...

:)

won-internet.jpg
    mtf1380 likes this.
    08-19-2016 12:38 PM
    Glance isn't an app anymore, is a core setting. Check there
    Well yeah, in settings, you did not get what I meant.
    08-19-2016 03:04 PM
    Had this bug since my Lumia was on 14393 and it's still here. Don't know if it's the phone or the surface but I cannot connect my surface to my 640.

They pair fine, but when it connects, it connects for like 1 second then disconnects.

SP4 is on 14393.51
    640 is on 14905
    08-19-2016 05:53 PM
    My biggest annoyance is the new sound scheme, on my 950 XL DS US, most alerts have defaulted to my sms alert tone. There does not appear to be a way to change the default app tone.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-19-2016 07:44 PM
    Custom/fixed vibration would be nice since WP8.1 days. Every time I set a custom tone the vibration defaults to 3 vibrations for each message; drains the battery if its a long conversation and its kinda annoying.
    08-19-2016 10:58 PM
    My biggest annoyance is the new sound scheme, on my 950 XL DS US, most alerts have defaulted to my sms alert tone. There does not appear to be a way to change the default app tone.
    We are looking for old bank tones in forum, we found something mp3's, try search forum ;)
    08-20-2016 02:48 AM
    I woke up today to a new alarm sound.

I liked it :)

embrace the change!
    RumoredNow and Mark Kaplan like this.
    08-20-2016 03:58 PM
    ...and now the Store is broken!

Anytime I open the store, about 5 seconds later, it just closes itself! So I can't download anything! Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I've done soft and hard resets with no change.
    08-20-2016 08:25 PM

Anytime I open the store, about 5 seconds later, it just closes itself! So I can't download anything! Anyone else having this issue?

If you just updated the OS, the Store itself may need to update. Give it some time to work itself out and stay on WiFi.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:56 PM
    What I want for the next builds is to have better (true) multitasking. If I open an app and then touch on the start icon, I want the app to be open in the exact place where I left it. In short, I want Windows Mobile to have equal (or better) multitasking than Android and iOS.
    Some apps WILL do this. It's my understanding that the developer needs to program it to do this. Older apps will sort of reset themselves when you switch back, but good apps will remain where you left them.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:10 PM
    Does anyone know when they might fix the Cortana voice to text. I love this feature and it seems with every build they break it fix break it fix it.I understand I am using a beta and bugs will exist But it seems like this is a common theme of not working properly. I love this even this buggy version is better than the alternate choices. Also another area that always seems to be getting worse better worse better is groove music. It not seeing my music cant sync playlist take forever to resume what I was playing when I stop my music. I actually have to open the app and than wait than the now playing banner appears 5 seconds later.
    08-20-2016 10:48 PM
    Does anyone know when they might fix the Cortana voice to text. I love this feature and it seems with every build they break it fix break it fix it.I understand I am using a beta and bugs will exist But it seems like this is a common theme of not working properly. I love this even this buggy version is better than the alternate choices. Also another area that always seems to be getting worse better worse better is groove music. It not seeing my music cant sync playlist take forever to resume what I was playing when I stop my music. I actually have to open the app and than wait than the now playing banner appears 5 seconds later.
    Ar we you doing "hard resets" after install?...not just soft reset
    08-20-2016 11:14 PM
    Are you insider by chance?
    08-21-2016 03:35 AM
    Hard Restart have to say no soft going into about and hit reset. Or can you tell me is that a hard reset ? going to the about area of the settings and hit reset

Yes on insider

I do send feedback me being in the insider program. I just come here time to time to see if some might be having the same issues
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 08-21-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: consolidate several consecutive posts
    08-21-2016 03:36 AM
    Yes on insider
    Clear, don't touch anything, are you in Fast ring I bet. Read the official build release blog, Dona warned about Cortana voice to text suspended in last Redstone2 preview build.

Next time change ring to Slow and wait . Or, better, to Release, the slower even ;)

PS: soft reset is holding vol down + power 15 secs.
    08-21-2016 03:55 AM
    Clear, don't touch anything, are you in Fast ring I bet. Read the official build release blog, Dona warned about Cortana voice to text suspended in last Redstone2 preview build.

Next time change ring to Slow and wait . Or, better, to Release, the slower even ;)

PS: soft reset is holding vol down + power 15 secs.
    Holding power button alone for 10 seconds also work :)
    08-21-2016 06:18 AM
    Hallelujah!

Woke this morning to 9 app updates in the store, Groove is back up and running for me, in fact all my above issues have been resolved...Thank you Microsoft Team; damn good job!
    Just to let you know that most of Microsoft's app would be broken (sometimes, not every time) after each new build release, and that is exactly why you'll notice that they will update their apps (Office, Groove, Store, Outlook, etc) after a new build is released, most probably to address certain bugs. I noticed this pattern during the last few builds leading to the Anniversary Update / RedStone 1 update, via the AppRaisin app. User keeps reporting through the app about updates of Microsoft apps almost every week. So, yeah.
    08-21-2016 08:19 AM
    I've had an odd thing occur. Right after upgrading to this build, my earspeaker doesn't work. I have to put everyone on Speaker phone to communicate now.
    Don't know if it's a bug or if literally that speaker by my ear broke.
    08-22-2016 06:07 PM
    Can't believe we're in RS2 and I still have missing tiles and icons on apps from time to time :)
    08-22-2016 10:02 PM
    Can't believe we're in RS2 and I still have missing tiles and icons on apps from time to time :)
    A beta o.s. got some subs added and some inactive for testing new code, elsewhere they might get a neverending growing blob for thousand lines

EDIT: Contacts updated, live tile again for now
    08-23-2016 02:10 AM

I also had issues with the Store and updates over the weekend. Seems to work fine today.
    08-23-2016 10:05 AM
    So I heard everyone saying that there are new sounds in this build but I cant seem to find them. as far as I can see these sounds has been in the system for a while.

The person in the video is not me but the sounds hes talking about isn't new at all. Is it possible someone could tell me what these new sounds are and why am I not seeing them
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e+build+sounds
    08-23-2016 11:53 AM
    The person in the video is not me...
    LOL I would make that disclaimer too.

"HiguysI'mgoingtotalkreallyfastandnothardlytakeabreathatallsoyouhavetorewindconstantlytotryandmakesenseofwhatIsay
    butgoodluckbecauseeventhatwon'tworkandIwillstringeverythingtogetherwithnopauseorrecognitionofwhatonesentenceisfromanother
    letaloneeachtopicbeingclearandasabonusIwillzoominandoutonpicturestomakeyoudizzyandkeepyoufromseeingwhatIwanttopointout
    besuretosubscribebelowformorevideosthatwillonlyconfuseyouandcreatemorequestionsthentheyanswer."
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 08-23-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    08-23-2016 01:57 PM
    That was so unnecessary
    LOL I would make that disclaimer too.

"HiguysI'mgoingtotalkreallyfastandnothardlytakeabreathatallsoyouhavetorewindconstantlytotryandmakesenseofwhatIsay
    butgoodluckbecauseeventhatwon'tworkandIwillstringeverythingtogetherwithnopauseorrecognitionofwhatonesentenceisfromanother
    letaloneeachtopicbeingclearandasabonusIwillzoominandoutonpicturestomakeyoudizzyandkeepyoufromseeingwhatIwanttopointout
    besuretosubscribebelowformorevideosthatwillonlyconfuseyouandcreatemorequestionsthentheyanswer."
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 08-23-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    08-23-2016 02:50 PM
79 1234