Windows 10 Mobile build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Yes on insider

Clear, don't touch anything, are you in Fast ring I bet. Read the official build release blog, Dona warned about Cortana voice to text suspended in last Redstone2 preview build.

Next time change ring to Slow and wait . Or, better, to Release, the slower even ;)

PS: soft reset is holding vol down + power 15 secs.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Clear, don't touch anything, are you in Fast ring I bet. Read the official build release blog, Dona warned about Cortana voice to text suspended in last Redstone2 preview build.

Next time change ring to Slow and wait . Or, better, to Release, the slower even ;)

PS: soft reset is holding vol down + power 15 secs.

Holding power button alone for 10 seconds also work :)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

Hallelujah!

Woke this morning to 9 app updates in the store, Groove is back up and running for me, in fact all my above issues have been resolved...Thank you Microsoft Team; damn good job!

Just to let you know that most of Microsoft's app would be broken (sometimes, not every time) after each new build release, and that is exactly why you'll notice that they will update their apps (Office, Groove, Store, Outlook, etc) after a new build is released, most probably to address certain bugs. I noticed this pattern during the last few builds leading to the Anniversary Update / RedStone 1 update, via the AppRaisin app. User keeps reporting through the app about updates of Microsoft apps almost every week. So, yeah.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

I've had an odd thing occur. Right after upgrading to this build, my earspeaker doesn't work. I have to put everyone on Speaker phone to communicate now.
Don't know if it's a bug or if literally that speaker by my ear broke.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Can't believe we're in RS2 and I still have missing tiles and icons on apps from time to time :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Can't believe we're in RS2 and I still have missing tiles and icons on apps from time to time :)

A beta o.s. got some subs added and some inactive for testing new code, elsewhere they might get a neverending growing blob for thousand lines

EDIT: Contacts updated, live tile again for now

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just installed 14905.1000...

...and now the Store is broken!

Anytime I open the store, about 5 seconds later, it just closes itself! So I can't download anything! Anyone else having this issue?

Also, I've done soft and hard resets with no change.

I also had issues with the Store and updates over the weekend. Seems to work fine today.

Sicka Altaar

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

So I heard everyone saying that there are new sounds in this build but I cant seem to find them. as far as I can see these sounds has been in the system for a while.

The person in the video is not me but the sounds hes talking about isn't new at all. Is it possible someone could tell me what these new sounds are and why am I not seeing them
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=14905+mobile+build+sounds

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The person in the video is not me...

LOL I would make that disclaimer too.

"HiguysI'mgoingtotalkreallyfastandnothardlytakeabreathatallsoyouhavetorewindconstantlytotryandmakesenseofwhatIsay
butgoodluckbecauseeventhatwon'tworkandIwillstringeverythingtogetherwithnopauseorrecognitionofwhatonesentenceisfromanother
letaloneeachtopicbeingclearandasabonusIwillzoominandoutonpicturestomakeyoudizzyandkeepyoufromseeingwhatIwanttopointout
besuretosubscribebelowformorevideosthatwillonlyconfuseyouandcreatemorequestionsthentheyanswer."

Last edited:

Sicka Altaar

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

That was so unnecessary
LOL I would make that disclaimer too.

"HiguysI'mgoingtotalkreallyfastandnothardlytakeabreathatallsoyouhavetorewindconstantlytotryandmakesenseofwhatIsay
butgoodluckbecauseeventhatwon'tworkandIwillstringeverythingtogetherwithnopauseorrecognitionofwhatonesentenceisfromanother
letaloneeachtopicbeingclearandasabonusIwillzoominandoutonpicturestomakeyoudizzyandkeepyoufromseeingwhatIwanttopointout
besuretosubscribebelowformorevideosthatwillonlyconfuseyouandcreatemorequestionsthentheyanswer."

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I just have a hard time with YouTube "reviewers" who aren't organized and rush to put something out there just for clicks.

I feel the same way about a lot of Blogs.

They get under my skin and I wonder why they bother. There are Billions of voices out there competing and this is the sort of dreck you have to wade through. It just makes it so needlessly difficult to find good information.

I've fixed it so the scroll to view issue is removed.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Hoping this was just a one off experience, but I'll know for sure tomorrow. I have a daily alarm set for 5:30am to wake me up for work during the week. It has been working fine for the last few months, but this morning the alarm didn't go off at 5:30. Luckily I didn't over sleep and was up in time to get to work. Then 5 hours later at 10:30am the alarm went off with a note saying it was adjusted for Daylight Savings. I checked my regional settings and it all looks fine. I may turn on my 520 as a backup alarm, just in case.

Alarms & Clock: 10.1608.2213.0

Edit: Day two and the alarm didn't go off on time. Will wait and see if it does it again at 10:30.

Edit 2: Alarm did the same thing today. I deleted the alarm and entered a new one to see how it works tomorrow. All tests with creating new alarms today seemed to work fine. I'm still not sure why it was offsetting the time by 5 hours.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Still have an issue when zooming in to photos, the zooming itself is off, and quite often it zooms to a black/blank area which you can't get back from without pressing the Back key repeatedly to completely exit the app. If you reopen the photos app, you can then browse through the photos again. This has been there for a while across several builds, it affects both my L950 and also my wife's L930.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Still have an issue when zooming in to photos, the zooming itself is off, and quite often it zooms to a black/blank area which you can't get back from without pressing the Back key repeatedly to completely exit the app. If you reopen the photos app, you can then browse through the photos again. This has been there for a while across several builds, it affects both my L950 and also my wife's L930.

When it happened to me, I make a double tap in the middle of the screen , and pic zooms completely out to full screen. No exit needing

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, I'll try to remember to give that a go next time it happens.

Purge_GT

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
19405 : Most apps crash immediately

I can't even open Edge. Anyone else having these problems? How can I recover this without going to a full reset? 950XL dual Sim in Canada.

When is w10m going to just work well? I had problems for months with Cortana on non inside track. Ugh.

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: 19405 : Most apps crash immediately

I can't even open Edge. Anyone else having these problems? How can I recover this without going to a full reset? 950XL dual Sim in Canada.

When is w10m going to just work well? I had problems for months with Cortana on non inside track. Ugh.

Same issue here!so far I'm stuck with uninstall - reinstall. A better solution is appreciated!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: 19405 : Most apps crash immediately

Relax, it works well especially on newer devices. But sometimes, like desktops and notebooks, a installation could fail.
If you don't want hard reset (which means fresh installing of last build, and when Edge gone bad is the only solution, same as desktops) you might wait next build update, in about 2 weeks I guess

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else' 24 hour clock not sticking after reboot? Thanks...

Sent from mTalk on Windows Phone 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo