No gps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And I was wrong. Still no gps most of the time.

I recently updated my phone, and I tried the ms maps app - it's nice but the gps signal took a couple of minutes to update - not good when you're in a moving car and you don't know if the junction has come or gone :grincry:

So GPS location takes time to update it seems - I'll keep checking

And the maps app really causes the phone to heat up - screen was very hot

raza123

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am also having the problem of not getting gps signal while using the Maps app.
When using another app like GPS Satellite it shows GPS location data is available.
wp_ss_20160915_0001.png
But whenever I try to navigate using the Maps app, in spite of GPS being locked on, it says "No GPS signal".
The compass also doesn't seem to be calibrated. I used Compass app earlier to calibrate the compass, but now it is not showing any way to calibrate it.
The problem started after upgrading to Windows 10.
I am using Nokia Lumia 730 OS build 10.0.14915.1000

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the problem of not getting gps signal while using the Maps app.
When using another app like GPS Satellite it shows GPS location data is available.
View attachment 130390
But whenever I try to navigate using the Maps app, in spite of GPS being locked on, it says "No GPS signal".
The compass also doesn't seem to be calibrated. I used Compass app earlier to calibrate the compass, but now it is not showing any way to calibrate it.
The problem started after upgrading to Windows 10.
I am using Nokia Lumia 730 OS build 10.0.14915.1000

try the new update 14926

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
There appear to be several listings in Windows Feedback about this issue. Definitely an odd one because prior to the updates in ~July I never had an issue with GPS on my 950xl or other Windows Phones.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
For testing I tried turning off the Location services to all of my apps (including Cortana), leaving location on for Maps. I then tried some GPS driving directions in the Maps app during some of my driving routes for a couple days. I'm still trying to figure out which one was the offender, but it seems that in the software one of the apps using location services was messing up the Maps GPS driving directions, as driving directions with GPS are working fine for me now. Still testing and will see if I can figure out which one was giving me problems by turning them on one at a time (or see if Maps was just playing nice with my phone yesterday and today...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro