09-14-2016 01:31 PM
188 1234 ...
tools
    read this tread also:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/m...6c04fb?page=23

It appears that others are waiting for the FW update (mostly UK), in the tread, they make a reference to a tread by Pepperdot: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...tm#post3519666 - you can read this and elect to try it (I know Pepperdot is out to help, so its good info). but if it me, DTTW is not THAT important and I would wait for an OTA update.
    Thanks again for the help. Ahh i see it must be due to living in the uk !! Dam ! Yes I totally agree i will wait for when the firmware update comes out OTA. I would rather it be done properly by Microsoft and not by a 3rd party.
    Now going to look at your links. Shame its delayed for the UK still !!
    08-31-2016 05:08 PM
    Sliding up from an open area in the Action Center no longer closes it. You have to slide up from the very bottom of the screen to close it now...bummer.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    08-31-2016 05:48 PM
    Sliding up from an open area in the Action Center no longer closes it. You have to slide up from the very bottom of the screen to close it now...bummer.
    I guess because the Action Center inundated with so much info? Seems to be pretty responsive, and smooth, on open, and closing, that's nice.
    08-31-2016 06:01 PM
    After upgrading to 14915 build, my spanish keyboard doesn't work anymore, keeps showing attention required, I have changed my windows insider from fast to slow and no luck.
    08-31-2016 06:41 PM
    After upgrading to 14915 build, my spanish keyboard doesn't work anymore, keeps showing attention required, I have changed my windows insider from fast to slow and no luck.
    Did you try a Soft-reset?
    Did you check for updates in store?
    Did you give the update a little time to settle in?
    Did you report it to Feedback?
    08-31-2016 06:57 PM
    Yes to the first three questions, the last one, I can't find the Windows Feedback, according to MS I should go to Apps and swipe the list there doesn't show up the Feedback option.
    This is the first time it happens to me in a very long time.
    08-31-2016 07:07 PM
    My apps and Store crashed immediately upon opening, but a simple reboot seemed to fix it for now. Continuum also seems to be behaving after the reboot.
    08-31-2016 07:12 PM
    Yes to the first three questions, the last one, I can't find the Windows Feedback, according to MS I should go to Apps and swipe the list there doesn't show up the Feedback option.
    This is the first time it happens to me in a very long time.

Note: if it is not under "F"; go to store and download the app; App Name: FEEDBACK HUB

Good Luck!
    08-31-2016 07:37 PM
    My apps and Store crashed immediately upon opening, but a simple reboot seemed to fix it for now. Continuum also seems to be behaving after the reboot.
    I had the same issue; only I couldn't open anything; everything crashed (Store, Settings, Outlook, everything) - Soft reset solved it for me too.
    08-31-2016 07:39 PM
    battery seems to be better too, don't want to jinx it .. but I have a feeling it is ... taking to count that it is reindexing etc after the update, even with cortana is fully on 24/7
    08-31-2016 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the help.

My firmware is : 01078.00038.16025.39013

How does the firmware get upgraded ? Wireless or is it a bigger job ?

Sorry for the questions but i am new to the 950xl. Almost had it a month and I love it. I came from my old 925.
    Not sure if your question has been answered, but both firmware and software updates can be obtained via Settings -> Update & Security -> Phone Update. When checking for updates, software updates would be shown along with it's build number (i.e. xxxx.xxx.14915). Firmware update would be shown as MicrosoftDMG or something like that. I know this because I had my 950 recently (two days ago, actually) and updated it to the latest firmware/software, and DTTW is there. Loving it!
    08-31-2016 10:08 PM
    Just noticed this. A sad case indeed. I wonder if Microsoft does this because they plan to introduce a new feature for the Action Centre? :/
    08-31-2016 10:10 PM
    Thanks again for the help. Ahh i see it must be due to living in the uk !! Dam ! Yes I totally agree i will wait for when the firmware update comes out OTA. I would rather it be done properly by Microsoft and not by a 3rd party.
    Now going to look at your links. Shame its delayed for the UK still !!
    I have a L950 that was locked to o2 originally, but I now use it with a Three SIM, and I did get the DTTW firmware automatically around a month or so ago... Not very helpful to you I realise, but just saying. I'm in UK too.
    09-01-2016 02:00 AM
    Calendar tile still dead... awful :(
    09-01-2016 02:05 AM
    Calendar tile still dead... awful :(
    I use Simple Calendar, shows more info on the tile and just works :)
    09-01-2016 02:12 AM
    Sharing of a few pics from Photos and then sending via Outlook seems to be working now. Previously it would crash back to the desktop 2 or 3 times before I could successfully send.

I suspect though that in a few weeks time, things will become buggy and unstable as per usual.
    mtf1380 and Joe920 like this.
    09-01-2016 02:15 AM
    Getting an error message when I try to open an email in Outlook Mail that says I have insufficient memory or disk space to display a font. Never saw that before this build and it's happened twice already. Left feedback.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:48 AM
    Played with the Action Center a little last night, and noticed that:

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has only ONE row showing; you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a quarter of the way (not in a swiping motion, more of a deliberate placement of the slide bar), it will stay/snap there, and give you access to that row only.

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has ALL rows showing (fully expanded); you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a halfway, and it will stay/snap there, and give you access to ALL of the Quick Actions, only.

And of course, the third option: you can pull or "swipe" the Action Center Slide Bar down all the way down, and have access to the Quick Actions and Action Center Notifications, on a full screen.

After playing with it, I like it. The only thing that would make it better is if the Action Center Slide Bar would stay put wherever you placed it.
    09-01-2016 06:47 AM
    Played with the Action Center a little last night, and noticed that:

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has only ONE row showing; you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a quarter of the way (not in a swiping motion, more of a deliberate placement of the slide bar), it will stay/snap there, and give you access to that row only.

If the Quick Action portion (quick toggle buttons at top), of the Action Center has ALL rows showing (fully expanded); you can pull, and "place" the Action Center Slide Bar down about a halfway, and it will stay/snap there, and give you access to ALL of the Quick Actions, only.

And of course, the third option: you can pull or "swipe" the Action Center Slide Bar down all the way down, and have access to the Quick Actions and Action Center Notifications, on a full screen.

After playing with it, I like it. The only thing that would make it better is if the Action Center Slide Bar would stay put wherever you placed it.
    These have been available for quite some time now :/
    RumoredNow and Ariel Takom like this.
    09-01-2016 07:17 AM
    Posting here since I am now updated to 915.

Ever since Redstone to my keyboard is stuck on small size no matter what setting I put it on and how many times I do a soft reset

Very annoying especially in landscape mode where it only appears on the right side of the screen

I have tried removing the US English keyboard and replacing it with other languages and then restoring and the still nothing works

Any suggestions wonder why I am the only one who has this problem
    09-01-2016 08:16 AM
    Having some weird brightness issues, some times it's ok, other times it's noticeably dimmer and stays that way until the screen is locked and then unlocked again.
    09-01-2016 08:17 AM
    These have been available for quite some time now :/
    Didn't know that...go figure:)
    RumoredNow and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 08:28 AM
    Hi, from your firmware you appear to have an unlocked 950XL model variant 059X4T8. The DTTW firmware was released on the 19th August
    capture.png to take it to version 01078.00053.16236.35014

Plenty of other members have reported that this is now available to download OTA or if you can't find it that way you can always download the Windows Device Recovery Tool and reinstall the firmware from there (this will perform a hard reset and put on 10586.320).

Hope this helps
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:38 AM
    Didn't know that...go figure:)
    but you found them on your own so kudos ^^
    09-01-2016 08:39 AM
    even a blind squirrel.... type of thing:)
    ven07, RumoredNow and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 08:41 AM
188 1234 ...