Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Well, my first little scare last night. I installed 14915 yesterday morning. tested a few things including Outlook with 2 imap accts on it for receiving and sending and basically I just used the phone's mobile Hot Spot for the rest of the day, received a few more emails, texts, calls through the day; made some.

At the end of the day I shut down the Mobile Hot Spot, tried to open Outlook and all I got was the spinning circle. Tried opening App Store, OK, look for update for Outlook, none. Ok I closed everything and shut down. Restarted - and same problem - Outlook wouldn't open.

Soft Reset. Bingo, Good tests. Happy Dog Here. Think I'll have a Cheeseburger...:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14915.1000.] :winktongue:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

What do DTTW and DTTS mean/stand for?

DTTW = Double Tap To Wake (anywhere on the screen)
DTTS = Double Tap To Sleep (only responds if the Double Tap is performed on the NavBar - Back/Home/Cortana Bar - at the bottom of the screen)

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

DTTW = Double Tap To Wake (anywhere on the screen)
DTTS = Double Tap To Sleep (only responds if the Double Tap is performed on the NavBar - Back/Home/Cortana Bar - at the bottom of the screen)

Thanks.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I am have a disappearing act by Voice Recorder:

for the last few builds, it is one of the first things I check, after a build update; and, it has been there after the update of the last couple builds, but!

I have noticed that sometimes when I go to use it, it's not displayed on the dial pad during a call - and when I looked in Setting>System>Phone> Choose app, it was grayed out - a couple of times I have had to hang up on the call, because it was prudent that the conversations I was going to have, should be recorded for future verification. I first thought that the disappearing act was caused by the phone dialer app I was using, because a simple soft reset would not reinstate the option; and the first time it happen, I removed the dialing app, did a couple of restarts, and shut down - powered off - the phone, which brought the option back. I installed a different dialer, and eventually it happen again; so , I figured it was all dialer apps and uninstalled all of them, but!

It happened again - this time with no phone dialers installed, just the default - soft restarts (3), did don't bring back the option (still grayed out), but when I powered the phone off (in lieu of a soft restart) it immediately brought the option back upon power on.

Moral of the story: maybe, sometimes you need to "Power OFF/ON" as opposed to a soft reset.

Just relaying "my" experience, FWIW.

950XL, DS, USA, 14915.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I am have a disappearing act by Voice Recorder:

for the last few builds, it is one of the first things I check, after a build update; and, it has been there after the update of the last couple builds, but!

I have noticed that sometimes when I go to use it, it's not displayed on the dial pad during a call - and when I looked in Setting>System>Phone> Choose app, it was grayed out - a couple of times I have had to hang up on the call, because it was prudent that the conversations I was going to have, should be recorded for future verification. I first thought that the disappearing act was caused by the phone dialer app I was using, because a simple soft reset would not reinstate the option; and the first time it happen, I removed the dialing app, did a couple of restarts, and shut down - powered off - the phone, which brought the option back. I installed a different dialer, and eventually it happen again; so , I figured it was all dialer apps and uninstalled all of them, but!

It happened again - this time with no phone dialers installed, just the default - soft restarts (3), did don't bring back the option (still grayed out), but when I powered the phone off (in lieu of a soft restart) it immediately brought the option back upon power on.

Moral of the story: maybe, sometimes you need to "Power OFF/ON" as opposed to a soft reset.

Just relaying "my" experience, FWIW.

950XL, DS, USA, 14915.

I was always told, first rule, "Reboot's Your Buddy!". :winktongue:

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I was always told, first rule, "Reboot's Your Buddy!". :winktongue:

A LOT of people get that wrong - they think a restart is same as a reboot. No, No. Really its a full Power Down, a wait, and then a Power UP. THAT'S the Golden Rule from day1 in IT schools since the dawn of time. :smile:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14915.1000.]

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Does it get this slow every year when the kids go back to school? Or is this the Nuclear Winter from the release of the AU and subsequent cumulative updates on everybody's laptops and pcs? Man Its C O L D here.

I'm readin' War and Peace for the 4th time!

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure if anyone else has this issue or not (950XL, single SIM) but I used to save all apps to my SD card. I noticed recently through my device randomly restart two times. On both occasions the SD card was corrupted and so all my apps no longer worked. The OS said to wait for the SD card to finish loading (all apps were greyed out) but it never did. I had to power off the phone, remove battery, remove SD card, put it back in again, replace battery, power on the phone and then all the apps worked first time. It did this twice and so, since then, I moved all my apps back to internal memory.

Anybody else had this problem?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I am not sure if anyone else has this issue or not (950XL, single SIM) but I used to save all apps to my SD card. I noticed recently through my device randomly restart two times. On both occasions the SD card was corrupted and so all my apps no longer worked. The OS said to wait for the SD card to finish loading (all apps were greyed out) but it never did. I had to power off the phone, remove battery, remove SD card, put it back in again, replace battery, power on the phone and then all the apps worked first time. It did this twice and so, since then, I moved all my apps back to internal memory.

Anybody else had this problem?

It is recommended to have apps loaded on device, and not on SD Card...sorry!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for replying. Yes, that makes sense really and I have noticed the phone performs better now with all apps internally too. When they were on the SD card Store would take a while to load all apps if I wanted to check for updates and some apps would not even open, such as Facebook.

Thanks again!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Facebook works but stopped completely syncing with People and Calendar.

After a HR I noticed FB app is completely different from the previous (I got another lumia but in Production Redstone). Worst design, slower, little icon

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Which version of Win10M would be flashed to a L950 if I were to use WDRT today?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. Are there any major differences? Or are most differences quite small? Having used Redstone for ages, I'm not sure what's in Threshold and what isn't anymore. Also, will a backup made on the latest build of Redstone restore to a phone running Threshold?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I've always found that best with sd cards. SD cards I use strictly for Music, Docs, Photos, misc. files, etc. Nothing that has 'settings'. Just my 2 cents.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Threshold-10586
Yep, I remember I was updating from some version of 10586 and never expecting it wound up on the Redstone Branch. Sorry, Speccy I can't remember any of the specifics of the upgrade so far as improvements go, but I "DO" remember "NOT" being displeased.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've always found that best with sd cards. SD cards I use strictly for Music, Docs, Photos, misc. files, etc. Nothing that has 'settings'. Just my 2 cents.

Peace. Alan

I agree... But that is quickly rendering 8GB internal as obsolete. Shame that.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I agree... But that is quickly rendering 8GB internal as obsolete. Shame that.
THAT'S true. I hadn't thought of THAT. Man, could that sd card use concept possibly hold true when the internal is THAT large?
Well, it might be useful just as a "test procedure"

Peace. Alan

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My daily is a 1520.3 so no worries there.

My backup is an 8GB storage Moly W5. Needless to say I run a "lite" version in terms of app selection. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo