Cumulative Update: build 14393.105 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Patch for Windows 10 Mobile 14393.105 Preview now available to Insiders | Windows Central

Note: This update originally mislabeled itself as .103, but is actually .105 to reach parity with PC Release Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things 10.0.14393.105, discuss it all here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don?t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping ? > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

NO CHANGELOG YET.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.105 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

On .103 I would stop receiving push notifications from all the apps after a few hours, till a soft reset. .105 looks good for now, hope they have actually resolved this. Gadgets still doesn't work on the 950XL, though.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Just after updating, the top information bar - the one that has signal strength, data strength, time etc disappears when swiping down action centre
Soft reset cleared that up quickly

Update size was about 31.5MB - this is for a lumia 540 updating from 14393.103- non cortana version

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I'm on OS: 10.0.1.14915.1000 on my 950XL. I;m not seeing any updates. I'm on Fast for the Insider updates.

Is this right or should I do something to get this update.

Thanks much for any feedback.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm on OS: 10.0.1.14915.1000 on my 950XL. I;m not seeing any updates. I'm on Fast for the Insider updates.

Is this right or should I do something to get this update.

Thanks much for any feedback.

you're on the fast ring, we're on the release ring. Fast ring is higher than release so you won't get this update. You're on a whole different level :cool:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Just after updating, the top information bar - the one that has signal strength, data strength, time etc disappears when swiping down action centre
Soft reset cleared that up quickly

Update size was about 31.5MB - this is for a lumia 540 updating from 14393.103- non cortana version

noticed that, thought they went minimalist again, nope

data usage seems to be broken, again, stuck with 300mb used, setting a new limit or removing it doesnt reset it, reboots and soft resets, nothing, its just stuck there

and just woke up to a 50% battery and after yet another reboot hoping to reset the data usage meter its down to 20%

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I didn't check the download time or the 'preparing to install' duration, but installation time was about the same as for 103:

After hitting "restart" in settings:
01 min the horrible MS cogs start 'spinning'
16 min bzzt! reboot, MS logo showing, win10 logo appears
18 min "we're getting there" shows at 81% of step 1
24 min "Updates were installed"

Not too bad. This is on a 950XL DS. Any change log available yet? :)

Edit: hot tip, don't try to leave insider after installing the update, at least it didn't work for me. It offered to restart, but I never got past the 'Goodbye' phase of shutting down.

Probably related to this statement from MS: "As part of this upgrade, any changes to the Windows Insider ring settings via Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program will not take effect until the service upgrade has finished. If you are setting up a new device or changing rings, your device will not receive new builds available to that ring until the upgrade is complete."

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

data usage seems to be broken, again, stuck with 300mb used, setting a new limit or removing it doesnt reset it, reboots and soft resets, nothing, its just stuck there

and just woke up to a 50% battery and after yet another reboot hoping to reset the data usage meter its down to 20%

data usage is working for me :straight:

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

you're on the fast ring, we're on the release ring. Fast ring is higher than release so you won't get this update. You're on a whole different level :cool:

You make it sound as if us (the fast ring insiders) are some special kind of people. Daring? Maybe. Special? Not really :grin:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

You make it sound as if us (the fast ring insiders) are some special kind of people. Daring? Maybe. Special? Not really :grin:

in some ways you are: you're like the first team to set up the campsite for the rest of the stragglers like me :wink:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Bluetooth is still broken in action center battery drain still happening

Sent from mTalk

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I have no issues at all with this build. In fact the notification issues from stable/103 build are also fixed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

a minute ago, my data usage didn't increase immediately, but took a few seconds to update. I'm using a lumia 540 so maybe the processor isn't that fast?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

a minute ago, my data usage didn't increase immediately, but took a few seconds to update. I'm using a lumia 540 so maybe the processor isn't that fast?

seems to fix itself after I go outside and use some data, weird

edit: goes back to nonsense reading after I stop using data, amazing they broke it again, in TH2 it reported 0 usage unless you were actually using it, now it just reports random usage numbers

Last edited:

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Hi, just curious as I updated to this build 14393.105, after utilizing WDRT to update my firmware to 01078.00053.16236.35.xxx on my AT&T branded L-950, all seems fine...

One aspect that I noticed with the store app updated to 11608.1001.29.0 ------> that it now states 'Modified yesterday' instead of 'Updated yesterday'

wp_ss_20160911_0001.jpg

Anyone else seeing this change...btw: Desktop store app (14393.105 OS) ver: 11607.1001.51.0 ----> 'Updated on'

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm having issues with maps app - 3/4 of the time it can't find my location. If I use whatsapp, it finds my location in 3s and when I go back to maps app, it now gets the location instantly :straight:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

One aspect that I noticed with the store app updated to 11608.1001.29.0 ------> that it now states 'Modified yesterday' instead of 'Updated yesterday'
Same for me, good eye! It's fine with me, but updated sounds a little more positive than modified.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I can pretty reliably crash my 950XL by using Windows 10 desktop WhatsApp, while my phone keeps going 'bzzt' for each new message. After enough messages the phone just crashes and reboots. Incredible. And annoying, because during the entire reboot cycle the desktop app cannot send messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte