Raw photos showing up in the Photo app.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the latest update, my raw photos along with the jpeg have been showing up in the photo app.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Is there a fix that hides the raw photos from showing up in the photo app?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the latest update, my raw photos along with the jpeg have been showing up in the photo app.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Is there a fix that hides the raw photos from showing up in the photo app?

there's a setting in photos app for avoiding showing of duplicates - I believe this also includes RAW photos - try that

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

I had that setting turned on already, but to make sure I did turn it off and then back on again. I took another picture and still both jpeg and dng files are showing up in my photo app.

there's a setting in photos app for avoiding showing of duplicates - I believe this also includes RAW photos - try that

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

I had that setting turned on already, but to make sure I did turn it off and then back on again. I took another picture and still both jpeg and dng files are showing up in my photo app.

interesting - which phone model is this?
And what OS version?

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing this too. It started over the weekend and i'm not sure if it was the OS update or the Photos app update that broke it, as they both updated on Saturday. I've even done a hard reset to see if that would fix it, but new pictures taken always show up twice in the Photos app. I've made sure the Linked Duplicates setting is enabled, as well as tried turning off OneDrive files as well. But neither seem to fix it.

OS version: 14393.189
Photos App: 16.912.10072.0

I submitted a bug report in the Feedback App as well, so if you're seeing the issue, you can upvote it

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a bug in the current version of the photos app. Mine shows all raw / jpg / hdr related files. You have to wonder if even ONE person inside MS bothered testing this app before sending it out. Just open the damn thing and you'll see it's wrong. Just about fed up with WM/WP as a platform.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Photos app duplicates Onedrive photos and videos too, even with the setting Linked Duplicates ON, it's still broken..

Mick1965

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not using a preview version and they updated the Photos App to 16.912.10072.0 this morning.
The problem of it displaying 2 of the same image is still there. (Both the raw and the JPG)

Seems like they fixed the zooming and scrolling problem and broke "Linked Duplicates".

If this was a problem on the insider version why the hell was it released as finished.

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know the status of this? There's been several updates to both OS and Photos app but both JPG and RAW still show up. I've looked around in the Feedback app but none of the threads have any official reply.

Thanks

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the problem that NONE of the pictures taken on 950XL are getting automatically uploaded anymore to OneDrive and they don't therefore show up with pictures app on the computer either. This problem started a couple of weeks ago when I installed 14955.1000 on the phone and the camera app 2016.1021.11.0. The laptop runs 16.722.10060.02 pictures app, but I wouldn't think the problem is there.

I have made no changes to accounts as far as I can tell. There is plenty of room on my OneDrive and I cannot find a fix. Anyone has any idea what to do?

If I manually copy the files to OneDrive cameraroll where they should end up automatically, the pictures of course show up in the pictures app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium