My Phone Number...has gone missing

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure when this happened. Whether it was the latest build 14936, or whether it was the recent outlook.com 'upgrade' but 'My Phone Number' has gone missing and is displaying 'Unknown'. Hadn't realised this myself until a couple of people I had called asked why I had withheld my number when I had always displayed it previously.

Anyone else had this? Any idea what caused this? Any idea of a fix?

This is causing people to ignore my calls, thinking I am a nuisance caller (which I suppose I may be :smile: ).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure when this happened. Whether it was the latest build 14936, or whether it was the recent outlook.com 'upgrade' but 'My Phone Number' has gone missing and is displaying 'Unknown'. Hadn't realised this myself until a couple of people I had called asked why I had withheld my number when I had always displayed it previously.

Anyone else had this? Any idea what caused this? Any idea of a fix?

This is causing people to ignore my calls, thinking I am a nuisance caller (which I suppose I may be :smile: ).

Relax ;), you number is there, go to Phone Settings -> Show my number -> change settings to Always

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks for that. Sort of fixes things. But not if I want to restrict displaying my number to contacts only. In which case, I presume this is linked to the outlook.com People sync issue?

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate that, but that's when the number goes missing :smile:

At least I can set to 'always' so the number does get displayed.

Thanks, and such a speedy solution. Much appreciated.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate that, but that's when the number goes missing :smile:

At least I can set to 'always' so the number does get displayed.

Thanks, and such a speedy solution. Much appreciated.

AAhhh now I undestrood . That's first time I red that on forums.
I got an idea: add your number in People list with your name. Who knows, maybe it works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo