Windows 10 Mobile build 14946 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I read that Continuum had improvements. The screen on the phone does indeed shut off, but they said improved battery use was achieved, I find that false, in fact, I used it this AM and in 30 minutes I plowed through 30%, worse than before.

Off to feedback I guess....

Edit: Time to eat crow......didn't have the hub powered up. I definitely know that not using the power to the hub will kill the battery. I shall try again later.........

mean_joe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. I should've known as it was initially installing as it took over an hour on the blue logo before booting up on the installation reset.

So yeah, now it takes about 20-30 mins to boot up each day, but it does actually boot up. Today, however, I may not be so lucky. If and when it boots up, I'll make sure to check out the feedback hub to see if others have reported this problem.

Any one else having this? Any suggestions?

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Like some others here I was having troubles with this build too. Installed it on my Lumia 735. Updating resulted in a failure to boot, after a soft reset it came through. I'm Dutch and I noticed the language pack wasn't functioning like it should. A lot of apps and settings were in English. After using the phone for two days with it rebooting spontaneously on numerous occasions, it failed to boot again (getting stuck at the windows logo). Soft resets didn't help, so I just used WDRT to go back to 8.1 and to update to the latest Redstone 1 build after that.

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I ended up installing the Opera Mini browser for the time being, but that doesn't help with hyperlinks I can't copy the address from.

Here's hoping that next build comes quickly.

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone seen weird text messages coming across? Wife has iPhone and sent me a message last night, to which I walked in the room and asked what the heck she was trying to say to me.
14946 text msg.jpg

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The official AU is buggy as hell too. Attaching photos to emails (which has always been spotty in terms of reliability, regardless of version), fails today, sharing a photo to Outlook attaches the photo to a new message is the usual way, and it sends in the usual way, so far so good. When the message arrives at the the recipient, there are no attachments. Grrrr...

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
The most annoying thing I found on the preview (build before this one) the phone screen would never come on when you needed to see things on a call. So, no keypad, etc. Hanging up took forever cause the screen would not come on until after you hit the power button a few times. I am on a Lumia 950XL ... is this still an issue?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
This build broke my Contacts and all microsofts built in apps for communication. People, Messaging and Phone, all contacts are gone, and can not even open any of those apps they just do not open. Can only call, if I would remember any number... can not save any contact either, And really terrible battery. I am Really pissed, do not want a hard reset at all.

I called Microsoft after all my contacts disappeared. They stated my account was being migrated to a new server. Contacts still were there but I had to redo all the pictures attached to them. Very annoying.

A1flexus

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
My issue was that after upgrading from 14936 to 14946 my phone took too long to reboot. Even after using the recovery tool, re-installed 14946 and the same problem came back. it would take 30 to 45 minutes for the phone to reboot. I used the recovery tool again and left it on release preview 14393.321. The R2 14946 crippled my Lumia 950 XL

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My only issue so far with this build is Cortana takes a lot more time, 4-5 seconds to respond to voice to text input. 950 XL DS US

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
For me and my 950XL DS, this build is a bit rocky. Everything mostly works, but I've had performance issues. Lags, a couple of random reboots. Biggest issue is getting notified of incoming emails - on a couple of occasions I've grown suspicious of the length of time since I received an email; when I synced manually, I received a bunch at one time. But most times email notifications work fine. Everything seems a bit unpredictable and random on this build.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone who is using Skype Preview as their SMS app tell me if the tile is supposed to show a count of new messages? Or indicate new messages in any way? Mine doesn't.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone seen weird text messages coming across? Wife has iPhone and sent me a message last night, to which I walked in the room and asked what the heck she was trying to say to me.
View attachment 131163

Yes, I got one from an iPhone user, I copied and pasted it back and they said "What's that?" odd really. I would turn it on and compare them, but I don't have A HALF HOUR TO WAIT!!!!! LOL!

Using my 950 I restored and am back on non-insider status....

eks1910

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else notice that when trying to create a new reminder under the current build (14946) that is it doesn't work right?
I've tried manually and by voice, and in both cases it fails to create the reminder.
Under manual I type in the reminder and go to select "another" for time and nothing happens after touching the word "Another".
While trying to create a reminder using voice commands Cortana misunderstands what I'm saying and I try to correct it by voice and she stops listening, or if after saying okay and try to manually correct the reminder when to tape on "Remind" nothing happens.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
  • Unable to log into a few sites mainly Sky Bet and Sky Vegas. the sites take you through constant looping between the login and logout page when you attempt login.
  • Sites are suddenly now redirecting me to malicious sites whereas previously they wouldn't.
If you can avoid this build I would. Edge is completely destroyed. It feels like Edge has been taken back to early days where it just wasn't compatible with a large amount of websites.

Switching to my spare iPhone until the next build it is unbearable.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Outlook won't automatically check mail on any of my 3 accounts using any of the available options (As Item Arrive, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc).

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had the battery go dead twice on this build, this is unusual for me:(

I'm having a similar issue. Have a 950XL, but when my battery gets low, not sure the exact percentage yet, but it MUST be charged with a USB 3.0 charge port on either my computer, or external power source. I don't have any other higher amp power blocks, so not sure if those would work or not. But keeping the phone plugged into a new USB-C cord, just keeps the battery at same charge level, and heats it up considerably. Not sure if it's this build, or if it's a bad battery.

Anyone else having the same or similar issues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro