Windows 10 Mobile build 14951 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazeSmoker

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I tried this and now it doesn't get stuck at zero but gets an error every time I check for updates. 0x80242006
I did some digging and tried this while still getting the error and low and behold, the build is now downloading!
1.Go to "Windows Insider Program".
2.Click "Stop Insider Builds" And set it for "1 day".
3.Then Go to "Phone updates" And click "Check for updates".
4.Wait till shows "Your Phone is Upto Date".
5.Then Again Go to"Windows Insider Program" And Click "Resume".
6.And check whether it is "Fast".
7.Then Again Go to "Phone Updates" And click "Check for updates".

**Edit: Build has fully installed**

It worked for me, thank you for the info.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Happy to report this build has been working very well for me. All apps and Cortana are operating perfect. The battery is at 36% after 15 hours, it has been three days and I really had good performance from day 1.

This build boots normally, installed normally, I have seen an SD card error on one boot, seems to be no big deal.

(950 DS)

Last edited:

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
It's one thing to be buggy it's another for the "buggy" build not to even download. Is the talent pool at MS that polluted that something like this can actually not be picked up or are they so desperate to sell the "one windows" illusion that they are forced to offer up whatever they have running mid week?

All of my clan has been wondering why this push??? If we wanted something that looked and behave like Apple, we would buy Apple. The rest of my folks have jumped ship and switched to Android. This mess with 14951 is pushing me over the edge.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
All of my clan has been wondering why this push??? If we wanted something that looked and behave like Apple, we would buy Apple. The rest of my folks have jumped ship and switched to Android. This mess with 14951 is pushing me over the edge.

And 14951 is pre-release software not "official release." Go to 14393.321 if you want total stability. Why on earth people complain and threaten to go to Apple or Android over pre-release I don't understand. It doesn't look and behave like Apple for sure, where do you get that from?

And the quoted text by Bethany Henry written by Y-ish is in the same frame of mind.

becakmang

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
And 14951 is pre-release software not "official release." Go to 14393.321 if you want total stability. Why on earth people complain and threaten to go to Apple or Android over pre-release I don't understand. It doesn't look and behave like Apple for sure, where do you get that from?

And the quoted text by Bethany Henry written by Y-ish is in the same frame of mind.

Agree. I use the slow release. I think that's a good balance between getting the newer features but not as buggy. Fixed my Cortana! Have been using it non stop now, poor battery

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with Feedback Hub? I am unable to log in. I click my account and it reverts to the login screen. it's also stuck on collecting data. 950 XL DS US

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
1 day after updating to 14951, all of my Microsoft accounts (Exchange/O365 and Outlook.com) stopped syncing and have a "Settings Out Of Date" error. Ironically, my Gmail accounts sync without a problem. When I try to use the "Fix Account" option, the phone provides a "Your account was updated successfully" message, but then immediately after provides another notification that the settings are out of date. So I am stuck in an endless loop.
Since my MSFT accounts sync without a problem on my PC's, I have to deduce that the issue is with Build 14951. Has anyone else had this problem?

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with Feedback Hub? I am unable to log in. I click my account and it reverts to the login screen. it's also stuck on collecting data. 950 XL DS US

There's a known issue in the release notes about not being able to sign in to accounts if you get signed out:

"Signing into apps such as Feedback Hub, Groove, MSN News, etc. with your Microsoft Account if you sign out or get signed out of these apps will not work. If this happens to you and you cannot sign in to Feedback Hub, you can send us feedback via the forums."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss