Windows 10 Mobile build 14955 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-whats-been-fixed-and-whats-broken-windows-10-insider-build-14955

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 14955, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don?€™t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping ?€? > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No sign of it for me yet (unlocked Latin America spec 950XL DS).

EDIT: I used this fix to see the update. (Note that I did not get an error, just "device up to date" message)

"As part of our recent Mobile flight, some users have reported seeing error 80242006 while trying to take the update.

This error arises as part of a update information collision. There is however a workaround, please see the steps below:

Switch your device to the Slow ring
Change device date to 7 days in the future
Check for updates (should say "no updates available")
Change device date back to current date
Change device back to Fast ring
Check for updates"

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Install completed without issue. Testing. I can log into Feedback Hub but the annoying Messaging+ announcement at every reboot is still present.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Is it ready to be used as a daily driver?

A bit early to make that determination! I will say, however, that the biggest problems I had with the previous two builds (Calendar notifications and live tile, Mail not syncing when not on wifi, and Cortana not being able to access Internet) have all been overcome on this build.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Apropos of nothing, has the time always displayed as (for example) 04:30 when using 12-hour clock (with a 0 in front of the first digit if it's not a 2-digit number)? I just noticed it recently (on build 14951) but it may always have been like that. I find it weird.

Squirrlehunter

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
For the last few builds, as the phones screen sleeps after the timeout period, the screen just goes off. Previously it dimmed slightly for maybe 5 seconds before going to lock. Has anyone else noticed this?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Apropos of nothing, has the time always displayed as (for example) 04:30 when using 12-hour clock (with a 0 in front of the first digit if it's not a 2-digit number)? I just noticed it recently (on build 14951) but it may always have been like that. I find it weird.

Mine's not doing that.

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
L930 reporting - I waited few days to get issues solved with 14951, this evening I tried to search, and got offer for 14955.
Currently installing...

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My reset protection is off and I cannot turn it on, this build and on production, anyone else having this issue? 950 and 950 XL...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb