Windows 10 Mobile build 14955 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

YC Neo

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
No sign of it for me yet (unlocked Latin America spec 950XL DS).

EDIT: I used this fix to see the update. (Note that I did not get an error, just "device up to date" message)

"As part of our recent Mobile flight, some users have reported seeing error 80242006 while trying to take the update.

This error arises as part of a update information collision. There is however a workaround, please see the steps below:

Switch your device to the Slow ring
Change device date to 7 days in the future
Check for updates (should say "no updates available")
Change device date back to current date
Change device back to Fast ring
Check for updates"

This method works on my dual SIM 950XL but not the single SIM variant, no update for it...

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
For some insane reason, I updated both my 950xl and Elite X3. All seems fine. I need to review the blog to see if I have any fixes.

Sent from mTalk

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I'll give it another day or so before pushing the panic button but the phone is running quite hot and sucking battery since installing this update.

Too bad because everything seems to be working great - problems I had on the past couple of builds are gone.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Still having the Feedback Hub issue where I cant stop it from monitoring. When I press stop the app crashes. That's a lot of monitoring going on.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Under Setting > Network & Wireless; I have Wi-Fi "AND" Wi-Fi (legacy)...anyone know why both are listed?

Yes, this showed up a few builds ago (14926). Here's the 'cut and paste' from the feedback hub:
Updated Wi-Fi settings page (Mobile): As part of our experience of unifying the settings experience across devices – we have updated the Wi-Fi settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > Wi-Fi on Mobile to match how it works on PC. The new Wi-Fi settings page isn’t complete yet as we continue to port over functionality. If need, you can fallback to using the Wi-Fi (legacy) settings page to access any missing functionality. In addition, we added the capability for you to connect to WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) networks on your phone.

I guess they're still working on a few things.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

Cortana is completely blank for me. When I open it, I get the blank screen saying, "Tap here for interests." Oh well, not a big deal.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth seems to be connecting only for voice, not music, in my car on this build. I will try unpairing and re-pairing to see if that fixes it. I hope it does - when I ran into this issue back when I first got my 950XL, I had to reset the head unit in my Kia back to factory default. That's even worse than hard resetting the phone - I'll lose all my presets!

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Cortana is completely blank for me. When I open it, I get the blank screen saying, "Tap here for interests." Oh well, not a big deal.

Have you tried asking her anything? I had the issue you describe on the last build and she would say she was unable to connect to the Internet when I asked her anything.

Funny thing is, Cortana is working fine for me on this build.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried asking her anything? I had the issue you describe on the last build and she would say she was unable to connect to the Internet when I asked her anything.

Funny thing is, Cortana is working fine for me on this build.

I asked her what time it is, and her response was, "I didn't get the bandwith I needed. Try again in a little while.". Argh. I'm on Wi-Fi.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth seems to be connecting only for voice, not music, in my car on this build. I will try unpairing and re-pairing to see if that fixes it. I hope it does - when I ran into this issue back when I first got my 950XL, I had to reset the head unit in my Kia back to factory default. That's even worse that hard resetting the phone - I'll lose all my presets!

So odd! I don't have this issue. BT connects to my car, no problem. Music, voice and nav all work.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I asked her what time it is, and her response was, "I didn't get the bandwith I needed. Try again in a little while.". Argh. I'm on Wi-Fi.

Yes, exact same issue I had. She has a few ways of saying she can't connect to Internet. Doesn't matter how good your connection is. Cortana not connecting herself for some reason. New build fixed it for me (but obviously broke it for you).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I posted earlier about device heating and battery drain with this build. It lost about 30% battery in a couple of hours sitting beside me at my desk at work this morning, so I plugged it in to charge it. At some point close to a full charge, it spontaneously rebooted. I wasn't touching it at the time.

Since that spontaneous restart, it's running cool again and battery usage seems back to normal.

EDIT: I spoke too soon - battery drain still an issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786