ICON stuck on 14946 - No longer finds any updates fast ring

pforlini

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues since the last two updates. Between getting stuck and 0% and different error codes. I have been unable to update to the latest build. I tried all the workarounds outside of hard reset which I want to avoid at all cost.

Now I am unable to find any updates both on slow or fast ring. Not sure what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been having issues since the last two updates. Between getting stuck and 0% and different error codes. I have been unable to update to the latest build. I tried all the workarounds outside of hard reset which I want to avoid at all cost.
)
Now I am unable to find any updates both on slow or fast ring. Not sure what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

As an Icon owner myself, I know how you feel... My fix was to set date about 5 days ahead, soft reset, check for updates. It should show something that says RS_PRERELEASE, which is the update (currently 14955). Hope this works for you!

MoeJ

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you get anywhere? My ICON is still stuck on 14946.
I get to see *Windows 10 Insider Preview 14965, but only for a second or two before I get the "There were problems downloading" error. I get the same error code as well.
I tried the workaround and still get the same thing.

Edit: Using Windows Device Recovery Tool now. Reset didn't work.
Couldn't get WDRT to work until I found a post saying the following:
1. Exit WDRT
2. Leave phone connected to computer
3. Go to Device Manager/Portable devices/Windows Phone and uninstal driver
4. Disconect phone
5 Start WDRT and connect phone
"u have to use USB 2.0 port"

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members