11-22-2016 06:49 AM
54 123
tools
    I went back to release preview ring after anniversary update. How stable is RS2 for daily driver?
    Anniversary update is buggy, you're not really any worse off with the current release preview, not any better off either though...
    11-11-2016 04:38 PM
    Mine isn't bad on my 950. And in talking about switching from release preview (Anniversary Update) to slow ring (Redstone 2). I need to know how stable RS2 is. I'm ok with it being a little buggy because it's an insider build, just want to know if it's too buggy to put on a daily driver.
    11-11-2016 04:52 PM
    I use my L950 as a daily driver with the very latest build on the Insider program, the essentials all work i.e. making and receiving calls, texting, WhatsApp etc. though sometimes you may not be able to swipe up when the call comes in, you'll need to lock the handset, then unlock it again and then you'll be able to swipe up and take the call. It doesn't do this every time, but often enough to frustrate me a little. Also sharing media such as photos via Outlook is very temperamental.

So although there are issues, my phone never crashes or spontaneously reboots, and generally it's OK, apart from some niggles as mentioned.
    11-12-2016 03:56 AM
    I use my L950 as a daily driver with the very latest build on the Insider program, the essentials all work i.e. making and receiving calls, texting, WhatsApp etc. though sometimes you may not be able to swipe up when the call comes in, you'll need to lock the handset, then unlock it again and then you'll be able to swipe up and take the call. It doesn't do this every time, but often enough to frustrate me a little. Also sharing media such as photos via Outlook is very temperamental.

So although there are issues, my phone never crashes or spontaneously reboots, and generally it's OK, apart from some niggles as mentioned.
    How is Groove on the latest Fast Ring build? I was on the Fast ring but my 950XL got so hot and dropped battery so much that I reset my phone completely using WDRT and opted out of the Insider program. I just wanted to know if it had got any better in terms of battery life.
    11-22-2016 06:49 AM
54 123