Windows 10 Mobile build 14959 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else seeing the update stuck at 100%? I've restarted a few times now with the same result.

Mine looked stuck for , mmmmm, maybe 15-20 minutes at 100%.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14959.1000] Toy, GT4 Sport Class

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having really bad battery life on this build? My 950XL was doing fine on battery until the last build. Now it's terrible. This build did not fix it. I used to be able to run Waze and listen to a podcast while driving and charging from the lighter adaptor. Now if I do that I lose charge even if it's just Waze. I also can no longer charge effectively from the USB on my laptop even if I'm not using my phone.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Battery drain is the only problem I have with this build. I've gone through all the settings I can think of, turning background apps off, etc., and it's still pretty high. 950XL

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've just realized something else. I noticed I was burning through data on my cell service over the past couple of weeks or so even though my phone usage pattern has not changed noticeably. In a half month I've gone through 3GB of data which is more than I typically go through in a month. I'm wondering if there's some sort of diagnostic information being sent which is causing this. Also if there is a lot of diagnostic activity/recording perhaps that is also causing the high battery drain rate.

kareem09

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
so everytime i pressed spacebar or fullstop the keyboard froze and i would have to minimize it and bring it back up to continue. Imagine doing that after every word. Also the autocorrect and text suggestions were gone. I tried many things and nothing worked and I hard reset the phone

So now that works. But Mircosoft account isnt downloading my contacts, only the gmail account. So when I go into accounts it says only email is syncing (even though the calendar is as well) but no contacts.

How can I change this? I tried removing the account and readding. what a mess. I would expect maybe gmail to not import my contacts but my native microsoft account? anyone else had this problem with this build?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Something else that seems oddly broken, trying to post text on Facebook is madness, you get no spaces, repeated words, joined words, unexpected upper case characters half way through words... Bizarre.

However, I don';t have any issues with the camera thus far, at least not with it taking thumbnail sized pictures. Pictures are still around 5MB for me.

Bryan Hek

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070057)

philhightech

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
This build has fixed the lock screen opening delay and the dim display issues. 950 XL DS. I hope it stays fixed in future builds. it was a real drag having to wait 2 or 3 rings to answer the phone

Tim Benjamin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Have had battery issues on my 950 after several builds, and have found a fix that works for me. Try shutting down completely and removing the battery. After replacing the battery and restarting it , battery drain is back to normal. Don't know why, but this works every time for me.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I personally like this build. I havent noticed any issues with any apps and the phone itself is running smoothly. The only issue I have now is I'm still not getting SMS messages on my PC when they come in to my phone. 950 XL DS US.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Have had battery issues on my 950 after several builds, and have found a fix that works for me. Try shutting down completely and removing the battery. After replacing the battery and restarting it , battery drain is back to normal. Don't know why, but this works every time for me.

So this battery problem keeps happening?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14959.1000] Toy, GT4 Sport Class

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i posted this in the 14955 thread prior to this thread being started, so i will post here as well. sorry for duplicates.

Is anyone successfully using the YouMail VVM app, ISeeVM, on this build? i just upgraded from the preview release ring, and now the app launches, shows the splash screen for a few seconds and then closes. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, but no change.

thanx.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I jumped to the fast ring after months and the first thing I noticed was how much faster Windows Hello is, now on the 950XL. The 1-2 second lag between pressing the power button and Windows hello coming on is completely gone.

I had to roll back due to a keyboard bug, but this has been a sore point for ages, good thing it will be fixed when RS2 releases next year.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Must say I'm very impressed with this build on my 950XL DS. Only issue I have had so far is the Cortana "I can't connect to the Internet right now" bug. Signing out of and back into my MSA on Cortana fixed it (at least for now). Performance and battery life both excellent.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Tap in

Like an *****, I downloaded this update while on a project out of town.

Entire process start to finish = 1 hour
Problems encountered during download = 0
Initial impression = BOY, DID I GET LUCKY! So far, everything is working faster and better. I will however keep an eye on the battery consumption for the next couple of days, while the phone (950XL, US, DS) goes through its update ritual of above battery usage period.

May be an *****, but a happy *****, so far :>)

Using this area to test the keyboard swipe text entry, seems to work great!

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Used 14595 all day and night , and it worked well for me:) battery life was not an issue, and the tasks I did use (which were just the basics: Cortana, text, Bluetooth, IseeIV, Outlook), worked great.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
What is still broken (for me at least) is when sharing pictures from the photo app via Outlook, most of the time, the email received by the recipient has no attachment despite it being correctly attached when the email was composed. This has been ongoing for a long time. At work, I now use a Lumia 925 with 8.1 specifically for this purpose, I cannot rely on my 950 at all for this, even the anniversary update had similar issues, so much so, that I jumped back into the fast ring (couldn't be any worse, and it isn't), but this particular issue is still present.

Also, approaching the problem from another angle i.e. composing an email and then trying to insert a picture doesn't work either, 9 out of 10 times, when I choose "Insert", the Picture option is greyed out, however the File option isn't, but attaching it as a file results in the same issue as before, the email with attachment sends normally but most of the time the attached image is not present when the recipient receives it.

The L925 I now use at work for these tasks has been flawless in this respect.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
What is still broken (for me at least) is when sharing pictures from the photo app via Outlook, most of the time, the email received by the recipient has no attachment despite it being correctly attached when the email was composed.

Just tested this a couple of times on my 950XL DS using the procedure you describe (starting in photo app and sharing via Outlook Mail). Photo sent and was received no problem.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just tested this a couple of times on my 950XL DS using the procedure you describe (starting in photo app and sharing via Outlook Mail). Photo sent and was received no problem.

I've seen this issue on my 950 XL DS US, when sharing via email from the photo app, the email comes through with no attachment. It's an intermittent issue for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster