01-18-2017 06:47 PM
139 1234 ...
tools
    "No Internet" wifi bug seems worse than ever on this build on my 950XL DS. Happened 3-4 times yesterday while I was home on wifi all day. Fix is easy (just turn wifi off and on again), but still annoying.
    11-14-2016 05:45 AM
    Been out of town, so a little late to the party...Downloading NOW!
    11-14-2016 07:47 AM
    "No Internet" wifi bug seems worse than ever on this build on my 950XL DS. Happened 3-4 times yesterday while I was home on wifi all day. Fix is easy (just turn wifi off and on again), but still annoying.
    Vote here for "no internet" bug, so Microsoft in one year or two will fix it
    Feedback Hub - Windows Insider Program
    11-14-2016 09:02 AM
    This build seems pretty ok, nothing hugely problematic, I still get random crashed on tweetium but that happened after the last build as well.

As far as battery drain on the Lumia 950 it seems it battery drains really quickly when on 4G and does not drain much on LTE. Also when on LTE the battery drain badly when actual using programs.

My bacjground battery drain when on LTE and not using anything is really good wish they would fix it so nromal app usage or getting out of LTE range and toggling to 4G does not kill the battery
    Last edited by swanlee; 11-14-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    11-14-2016 09:41 AM
    Yet another issue with the camera, quite often if while the phone is in a locked state, I press the camera button, the phone should show the viewfinder/camera, but what actually happens is that the camera is actually activated but not the screen. So you think it hasn't started the camera app, so you press the camera button again, only to hear it take a picture.

Sometimes pressing the unlock button brings up the lock screen as normal, but the screen does not respond to touch so you can't swipe up and enter the pin, you have to lock, then unlock it again and then the screen responds normally.
    Yea this happens to me alot, also it seems glance screen gets in the way of launching the camera app with the button. Hope they fix this soon
    11-14-2016 09:53 AM
    Download complete, no issues as of yet";^)
    11-14-2016 10:36 AM
    Yea this happens to me alot, also it seems glance screen gets in the way of launching the camera app with the button. Hope they fix this soon
    It always make me feel a little better knowing it's not just me...
    11-14-2016 11:21 AM
    Vote here for "no internet" bug, so Microsoft in one year or two will fix it
    Feedback Hub - Windows Insider Program
    I have upvoted and commented on this bug until I'm blue in the face (excuse the mixed metaphor). I despair for MS ever fixing it...
    11-14-2016 11:52 AM
    I'm beginning to see OS crashes a couple of times a day recently. 950 XL DS US
    11-14-2016 04:59 PM
    Phone restarts are increasing in frequency when taking photos. Nokia Lumia 1520.
    11-14-2016 06:34 PM
    Auto rotate not working when viewing photos.
    11-14-2016 07:47 PM
    I also had very high battery drain, due to Cortana, on this build. My 950XL would get hot to the touch as well. Battery lasted less than 3 hours from a full charge. I sadly ended up using WDRT and now I am not in the Insider Program right now because the battery drains too quick on this build.
    11-15-2016 06:41 AM
    Auto rotate not working when viewing photos.
    DUH! had the Rotate Lock "on".

Battery: Good, Temp: Good, Overall: STILL, no issues.
    speccy likes this.
    11-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Hi guys,

since this build, the banner notifications for Outlook Mail accounts are gone. However, sound and vibration notifications are still working, so do all other banner notifications (messages etc.) do. It's just Mail that is broken. Notifications on Glance / Lock screen aren't affected.

Did a full reset via WDRT, but no luck - facing the same issue again. Any of you with similar issues?

Best
    Christian

Lumia 550
    11-16-2016 06:42 AM
    Pinch to zoom on photos is inconsistent too, can't do it most of the time. Might only be on recently taken pictures, but it's definitely an issue (for me at least).
    11-16-2016 07:14 AM
    Pinch to zoom on photos is inconsistent too, can't do it most of the time. Might only be on recently taken pictures, but it's definitely an issue (for me at least).
    Pinch zoom after tapping the thumbnail in the camera app (if that is what you mean) works 100% for me BUT only after the software finishes processing the photo. Maybe 5-10 seconds.

There is also a much shorter delay (like 1-2 seconds) after tapping a thumbnail in the photos app where zoom does not work. Other than that, zoom works correctly.

Paul
    11-16-2016 07:55 AM
    Pinch zoom after tapping the thumbnail in the camera app (if that is what you mean) works 100% for me BUT only after the software finishes processing the photo. Maybe 5-10 seconds.

There is also a much shorter delay (like 1-2 seconds) after tapping a thumbnail in the photos app where zoom does not work. Other than that, zoom works correctly.

Paul
    I think you're right, it is on freshly taken images where the delay is very much more pronounced. Though it would seem to have finished processing the image long before it will allow me to pinch to zoom, though who knows what may be going on unseen in the background.
    Last edited by speccy; 11-16-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    11-16-2016 10:39 AM
    I think you're right, it is on freshly taken images where the delay in very much more pronounced. Though it would seem to have finished processing the image long before it will allow me to pinch to zoom, though who knows what may be going on unseen in the background.
    If you look closely, you can often see when the processing finishes. On low light shots in particular, you can see the color saturation and balance shift when processing completes. Before this, pinch zoom does not work. Immediately afterwards, it does. I don't know what the processing is actually doing.... it isn't HDR in my case because I have that disabled. It looks like the camera might capture the image raw and do any white balance and fine exposure tweeking after the image has been stored. Just a guess...

Paul
    11-16-2016 10:51 AM
    any on running this build on a Lumia Icon (aka 929)?

if so, what are the results so far?

I have been holding off on preview build but looking to move to RS2 maybe this weekend and wanted to see thoughts from other Icon users.

Thanks.
    11-16-2016 12:53 PM
    I'm experiencing the heaviest data use of any build to this point.
    11-16-2016 01:12 PM
    Hi guys,

since this build, the banner notifications for Outlook Mail accounts are gone. However, sound and vibration notifications are still working, so do all other banner notifications (messages etc.) do. It's just Mail that is broken. Notifications on Glance / Lock screen aren't affected.

Did a full reset via WDRT, but no luck - facing the same issue again. Any of you with similar issues?

Best
    Christian

Lumia 550
    Hey guys,

in case anyone is or will be having a similar issue, I was able to figure out the hassle with the missing banner notifications. It seems that the system settings in "Settings > System > Notifications" now (or always did) override any changes made in the Mail app. You can force any type of notification (banner, sound, vibration) within the System settings by clicking on the respective app (Mail in general or Mail account) and make the desired change.

Best
    Christian
    11-17-2016 03:28 AM
    The camera update released on the 14th has brought back the .thumb file issue with photos on my 1520 and drastically increased problem with the phone crashing when I take a photo.
    11-17-2016 08:07 AM
    I've been having this problem, but just now realized what is happening. When my battery gets down to 30%, instead of giving me a low battery warning, my phone just says goodbye and POOF! It shuts down.
    11-17-2016 06:52 PM
    I had the same problem on my 1520.3. I could not find a solution anywhere. I figured it was an old and tired battery. I could only use it while plugged into power supply. Finally, it just died. If you find a solution, please let me know.
    Last edited by Captain_Eric; 11-19-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    11-18-2016 06:47 PM
    it is really strange that I still get the xbox app update on this ring
    11-18-2016 09:05 PM
139 1234 ...