Windows 10 Mobile build 14965 Discussion (Redstone 2; Slow Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello user, I'm Gury
I am not satisfy from windows phone �� and I am irritating from the window phone OS 10 built 14965
and if new update will better then I will be glad if same then I will break my phone
It's really irritating.

Gury, I feel your pain";^O - but if you are on 14965 (fast ring) bugs are to be expected....proceed with caution":^)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
WiFi sometimes refuses to reconnect after returning home. I have seen this maybe three times on this current build and from what I have read it may not be unique to 14965?

For example, I left home with WiFi connected. About 90 minutes later I returned home and WiFi failed to reconnect (no WiFi icon at the top of the screen).

1. I pulled down the notification shade and saw that the WiFi tile shows WiFi is on, apparently connected but says "no internet".

2. I opened the WiFi settings and the AP is shown as "connected". Still no WiFi icon.

3. Back to the WiFi tile in the notifications shade.... I turned WiFi off and then on again and it connected (WiFi icon shows up at the top of the screen).

This is potentially serious since if I don't notice there is no WiFi, I can inadvertently use a LOT of data thinking I am on WiFi at home.

Paul

Paul, I am having WIFI issues across the board on all my devices regarding wifi (well, at least my devices that have been updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1), I suspect MS is messing with something....very irritating, especially when the device is NOT on insider.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
this build has gotten slower and slower (for me), since its update. Groove and my Running App, don't seem to want to play well with each other...starting the second, disables the first....very frustrating...must stand in the cold to do workarounds to be able to play music and log my run ":^(

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Paul, I am having WIFI issues across the board on all my devices regarding wifi (well, at least my devices that have been updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1), I suspect MS is messing with something....very irritating, especially when the device is NOT on insider.

Funny you should mention that. WiFi reconnect has been a PITA on my two Thinkpad X61s laptops too, and ever since the early days of W10 insider. I have always assumed (along with other Thinkpad users) that it is a driver issue since Intel doesn't support W10 on any of the usual WiFi cards used in the X61s. But maybe not?

I bought the 950 used just to play with W10 and for the moment I have switched back to my Nexus 5X (its on Android 7.1.1 beta and it works 100%) as my daily driver. I'll wait for the next W10 insider build. I really want to like W10 and the 950 and for the most part I do. It has all my "wants".... SD card, removable battery, great camera, wireless charging and (potentially) better long term support than Android. And it is a little thing, but I love the fact that W10 (and W8 before it) offers to read SMS to you in the car. But when WiFi refuses to reconnect and costs me data when I don't notice, that is unacceptable. Even on an insider build. Especially since that bug has apparently been around for a long time.

Paul

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
this build has gotten slower and slower (for me), since its update. Groove and my Running App, don't seem to want to play well with each other...starting the second, disables the first....very frustrating...must stand in the cold to do workarounds to be able to play music and log my run ":^(

Funny you should mention this. I don't have issues with the specific apps you mention, but I have also found performance on this build has declined over time (which I find unusual - it's usually the opposite). For me, Cortana is the biggest issue. Over time, it performs worse and worse. I will soft reset and it will be fine for a while and then the problems creep in again - not responding to hey Cortana, onscreen keyboard not appearing, hanging when answering questions. Live tiles ditto - gradually stop working.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
For those using Skype Preview for text messaging, what does your tile show when you receive a text? Mine shows nothing at all. Notifications are fine otherwise (I get a banner notification like I should), just nothing on the tile. Should there be something (count of new messages, maybe)?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Funny you should mention this. I don't have issues with the specific apps you mention, but I have also found performance on this build has declined over time (which I find unusual - it's usually the opposite). For me, Cortana is the biggest issue. Over time, it performs worse and worse. I will soft reset and it will be fine for a while and then the problems creep in again - not responding to hey Cortana, onscreen keyboard not appearing, hanging when answering questions. Live tiles ditto - gradually stop working.

It looks to me, that when the build updates' takes place all is fine for that moment, with regards to apps...then, as the apps are updated, they tend to conflict with the builds handling capabilities. I guess that is were the feedback plays a part; I suspect that greater number of complaints, with the largest volume of upvotes, get the most attention (just my thoughts).

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
This is a serious bug on my lumia 535. I'm latest build fast insider. Sometimes, when the phone has been idle for a while and I try to use it by pressing the power button to unlock it, I get A BLANK SCREEN! Nothing is shown and I have to force restart or soft reset to solve it. This has been on the previous build too. If it helps, I fresh installed the previous build. I don't see anyone reporting this issue at all. Any workarounds?

I have the same phone and experience the same issue. The phone is working, as I answered a call (I know which part of the screen to press to answer a call), but the screen isn't and there is a need for a reset (I remove the battery).

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Any of you unable to update your apn and have it work? my settings are correct, and I've used them many times before, but now it just goes "activating" for about 30 seconds, then "applied" for a about half a second then back to "activating." I have no data connection now. I've reset the phone, but not changed the build. Any ideas? I'm running an unlocked icon on Virgin Canada, and have been for years without issue. It was working until I accidently deleted the apn settings while using this build. Suddenly I can't get the new (old) ones to stick.
ideas?

the ones that ms auto sends don't work since virgin changed their apn settings recently. You have to use custom. It also means you don't get mms now. any ideas on that one would be handy too.

FOR ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE, I SOLVED IT: first I reset the phone, then I used the virgin apn settings, then restarted the phone. Then I used the bell apn settings, then I restarted the phone, then I used the virgin settings again, then restarted the phone. now have data.

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
An old problem has resurfaced for me, I am not getting replies to group texts. I sent a group text yesterday and got no replies. Apparently everyone replied based on the screenshots sent to me but none of the replies ever reached me. 950 XL DS US.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
An old problem has resurfaced for me, I am not getting replies to group texts. I sent a group text yesterday and got no replies. Apparently everyone replied based on the screenshots sent to me but none of the replies ever reached me. 950 XL DS US.

Mark, I too am having reoccurring problems, no notifications "ANYWHERE" for Text Messages, and some messages are impossible to find; Call recorder is a no show again. DAMN IT!

I am starting to come to the end of my rope. I get tired of a fundamental service not being available when it is NEEDED!!!!!!!

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Calendar live tile is not working. And yesterday brought to light a very annoying problem. The option to remove myself from someone else's group text no longer exists.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Mark, I too am having reoccurring problems, no notifications "ANYWHERE" for Text Messages, and some messages are impossible to find; Call recorder is a no show again. DAMN IT!

I am starting to come to the end of my rope. I get tired of a fundamental service not being available when it is NEEDED!!!!!!!

Then don't be on the slow or fast ring. Never a good idea to use your daily device in Windows insider when it comes to using one phone or if you need functions to work at all times. Get a second windows phone to do all the testing you heart desires. I have a Lumia 640 for testing out the fast ring. I don't use my Lumia 950 for OS testing. Especially when I need my phone to work in case I get a txt for meetings an such. Or anything important. Or a call. That just my two cents. No offense intended to anyone. :)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Then don't be on the slow or fast ring. Never a good idea to use your daily device in Windows insider when it comes to using one phone or if you need functions to work at all times. Get a second windows phone to do all the testing you heart desires. I have a Lumia 640 for testing out the fast ring. I don't use my Lumia 950 for OS testing. Especially when I need my phone to work in case I get a txt for meetings an such. Or anything important. Or a call. That just my two cents. No offense intended to anyone. :)

Not being on the fast-ring does not solve all the issues. I had had enough of the problems with the fast-ring builds and used WDRT to get my 950 back to the Anniversary Update, but that has its own issues as well, so much so, that after a few weeks I jumped back into using fast ring builds again, I couldn't be any worse off as the AU was just as buggy as the fast ring. In saying that though, the current build is having more and more problems as time goes on, I hope a new build comes out soon.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I installed 14956 on my ICON via wifi on night #1, updated any apps, but then powered it off and tossed it on the shelf because I didn't have any service on it. I'd disco'd it when I got my S7 edge upgrade. I just ASSumed I shouldn't keep the service on the ICON cause of the cost
So I figured I'd call VZW yesterday, ya know it bein' Black Friday and all - 46 minutes on hold BUT got VZW service on it yesterday with 2 bonus gigs for life on my same account only $20/mo for service.
Anyway been driving it since yesterday and everything runs smooth as silk. She's sweet - I'll give her that. :love:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Cortana not working, it worked fine on all previous insider builds, now when I tap on mic it do nothing, doesn't switch to listening mode.

Edit: Sorted out, actually I reset it and need to install US English speech, not available for now :-(

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Cortana not working, it worked fine on all previous insider builds, now when I tap on mic it do nothing, doesn't switch to listening mode.

Edit: Sorted out, actually I reset it and need to install US English speech, not available for now :-(
You mean US English isn't available? What's up with that?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
i still can?t figure out how to ?save current location/place as? in Windows Maps 5.1611.3162.0. When i click on Favorites and then ?Add a place? i?m taken to a search page with all my favorites and i can't see an option to ?save as? if i want to add a particular location to where i?m at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786