Store not finding apps to update

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Having an issue with the latest build (14965) were the store doesn't find apps automatically that need updating.

I know there is an update to an app, so I click on 'check for updates' and I get nothing. I then find the app by searching and then it starts to update.

Just wanted to check if anyone else is seeing this before I reset. I've checked the feedback hub and there are some entries, but they are old and for a different build.

PedrooNL

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Cannot figure out yet. I could manually update Outlook, Skype, MSN News, MSN Weather and Facebook which were not found when I checked for updates. All fast ring I think, except for Facebook.

Kenny Mc

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Same for me, but in my case on my Lumia 1520 that behaviour started after AU update.

P.S.: My store app is updated at last version and im not in any insider ring

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I jumped back on the Fast Ring, as I thought this issue would have been solved by now, but sadly not. Had to flash the phone and back to Production Ring. I hope they fix it before RS2 gets released.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me nuts!

Each time I jump back on the fast ring, the store stops being able to automatically find updates! I'm now on OS build 10.0.15063.2 and this is still broken. I have done a reset, still doesn't work. The only way to get it working is to go back to RS1.

Store build is 11701.1001.97.0. Can anyone PLEASE confirm if they are getting this issue? Please post your OS and store build and phone model.

This problem is either one of three things... RS2, Store App, or just the Lumia 930. As there are not many complaints about this issue, I was wondering if it's just linked to this model. I've even tried to go back to the 'Release Preview' ring but it still doesn't work.

This issue is listed in the feedback hub with over a thousand up votes and a comment from one of Microsoft engineers, so I'm at a loss...

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
This is driving me nuts!

Each time I jump back on the fast ring, the store stops being able to automatically find updates! I'm now on OS build 10.0.15063.2 and this is still broken. I have done a reset, still doesn't work. The only way to get it working is to go back to RS1.

Store build is 11701.1001.97.0. Can anyone PLEASE confirm if they are getting this issue? Please post your OS and store build and phone model.

This problem is either one of three things... RS2, Store App, or just the Lumia 930. As there are not many complaints about this issue, I was wondering if it's just linked to this model. I've even tried to go back to the 'Release Preview' ring but it still doesn't work.

This issue is listed in the feedback hub with over a thousand up votes and a comment from one of Microsoft engineers, so I'm at a loss...

I'm on a Lumia 730 DS Insider Fast Ring 15063.138 and I have this issue as well! Everyone posting about the neon update for groove and movies & tv app and I am here stuck on the production build of these apps.

It happened when I upgraded from AU to this build and after a hard reset on this build as well. So you are not alone!

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Since they announced that the 930 wasn't getting RS2, I've ditched it and got a 950. I've also come off the insider program as I feel let down with this issue and don't ever want to go through that again.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I know the feeling of frustration. My DS 950 received the updates to Groove and the Store some time ago. Yet my AT&T branded 950 hasn't received said updates until today. Both were on the Fast Ring. Additionally my DS phone is very temperamental about phone calls so I've needed to switch to the older phone.

anon(9645112)

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Same here on Lumia 730 DS and I noticed this issue many times after a reset or coming back to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1. Seems to be no workaround for this....

TDinozzo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by el_mono70
I know the feeling of frustration. My DS 950 received the updates to Groove and the Store some time ago. Yet my AT&T branded 950 hasn't received said updates until today. Both were on the Fast Ring. Additionally my DS phone is very temperamental about phone calls so I've needed to switch to the older phone.

I'm on 15063.138 with my L950, had the latest versions of Store and Groove installed.
After a hard reset now I stuck with old Store and Groove (non Neon Version), don't get updates for both apps. All other apps updating fine.
On 2nd device there's no Problem with same Build.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
No. No. No way! Just updated my new 950 to creators update and it's doing it again! Why has this not been fixed now it's released?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Trying to find out if this is related to having a work or school account added to the store, where a company policy could be interfering with updates on RS2. Does anyone else having this issue have one of these accounts added?

MRE Inc

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Trying to find out if this is related to having a work or school account added to the store, where a company policy could be interfering with updates on RS2. Does anyone else having this issue have one of these accounts added?

Same problem here. Lumia 950XL with latest production build of W10M (10.0.15063.297 version 1703).

Did some hard resets with and without restoring a previous backup. Problem still remains. Hitting the Check for Update button only shows the spinning wheel and then does not find any updates. Selecting an app individually, then the app shows there is an update and it updates itself.

Tried changing regions, loggging off from the store account etc etc. Nothing seems to help.

I do have 3 Exchange accounts and 1 outlook.com account installed. 1 is my primary MS account, the other 2 Exchange accounts are work related.

Furthermore, after installing the Creators Update through the normal Windows Update process on the phone, my iris scanner and Windows Hello were working fine. After hard resetting my device because of the store update problem, Windows Hello cannot be setup anymore. All these problems started after the CU update.

Again, production build only. I am not using insider builds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)