Release Preview 14393.479 - Giving it a whirl

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
I believe this update may have broken tap-to-pay for some, other than that, this update feels fine, much like all the other cumulative updates :p

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
I'm using this build on my 650 duel sim, which replaced my 640
I updated to this version right after setting up the phone for the first time.
Haven't noticed any problems other than Groove failing to find all the songs I transferred to my MicroSD.
However, I did install the slow ring update to my 640---I can't see any difference in the builds....

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,
I'm using this build on my 650 duel sim, which replaced my 640
I updated to this version right after setting up the phone for the first time.
Haven't noticed any problems other than Groove failing to find all the songs I transferred to my MicroSD.
However, I did install the slow ring update to my 640---I can't see any difference in the builds....

Groove not seeing all your media is not unique to this build. I put my 80+GB audio files on my microSD card and it was anybodies guess what Groove would recognize. I find Groove does better with OneDrive...

(950 and 950XL ds)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Had a call to day that I could not answer, swipe up was totally unresponsive...........is release preview a high risk release? 14393 is not
Redstone 2.....
Battery life is sub-par as usual.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using x.479 in my 950xl. The biggest gripe I have is it broke tap to pay. At first I had some pretty poor battery performance but it has improved. Still not as good as the previous build but pretty good. The only other issue I have been experiencing is problems with outlook Mail. Sometimes emails don't open and the app locks up, or the app becomes very slow. When the slow down happens it affects the entire phone and a reboot is necessary to get things back to normal. But I would think this problem is more of an app issue instead of an OS issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans