01-12-2017 10:32 PM
136 1234 ...
tools
    One thing I've noticed is that my Live tiles are not updating. Still getting notifications in a timely manner but my outlook live tile for a pop account shows an email that I deleted yesterday and my Band app shows info from before the update.
    12-03-2016 02:45 PM
    Still get a delay when hitting the wake up button. Red iris scanner light comes on red but screen remains black and blank for a while before the device finally decides to wake. Often times when this happens too, the screen is severely dimmed. A quick restart helps fix it, but it comes back every once in a while.
    Does anyone still bother with the iris scanner... I gave up on it, although it worked, putting in a PIN was actually faster and of course more reliable, and worked in all light conditions
    12-03-2016 02:53 PM
    Sometimes (on my L950), the lock screen appears when the button is pressed, but the screen is unresponsive unless the phone is locked and then unlocked again. This was there on the last build too. Had some weirdness with Edge too, it just didn't load many pages, pages I knew to be available. The progress bar got to about 95% and then it just sat there, seems to have sorted it self for the moment, but was most annoying.
    12-03-2016 02:57 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that my Live tiles are not updating. Still getting notifications in a timely manner but my outlook live tile for a pop account shows an email that I deleted yesterday and my Band app shows info from before the update.
    At some point in the last hour or so all the live tiles updated, but are again somewhat frozen in place. Not sure what is going on.
    12-03-2016 04:50 PM
    Try sfc and dism fixes. Uninstall reboot. Reinstall apps?
    12-03-2016 05:01 PM
    Don't know if its L535 or W10M, Store, Edge and Facebook are too slow, when same WiFi connection work perfect on Nexus 5. See lot's of loading on everything, Settings, Messaging and some other apps :-(
    12-04-2016 02:09 AM
    At some point in the last hour or so all the live tiles updated, but are again somewhat frozen in place. Not sure what is going on.
    Same here. Worse after reboot. Clock tiles don't update etc.

Live tiles seem to be just too complicated for their developer team. Maybe they should try easier tasks first.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    12-04-2016 03:03 AM
    L950, ATT version on ATT, build 14977 (FDR after update)

Today, I discovered (after a missed call due to no ring) that system sounds including ringtones were silent. Groove could play local MP3s normally. All settings were OK as far as I could tell. Rebooting restored normal operation.

BTW, are we just talking between ourselves or do MS developers see this traffic?

Paul
    Bethany Henry likes this.
    12-04-2016 08:10 PM
    News app chasable live tile seems to no longer be working. Was great while it lasted...
    12-04-2016 09:07 PM
    Problems for the previous update still exist:

Originally Posted by Sparkz7 View Post
    This is a serious bug on my lumia 535. I'm latest build fast insider. Sometimes, when the phone has been idle for a while and I try to use it by pressing the power button to unlock it, I get A BLANK SCREEN! Nothing is shown and I have to force restart or soft reset to solve it. This has been on the previous build too. If it helps, I fresh installed the previous build. I don't see anyone reporting this issue at all. Any workarounds?
    I have the same phone and experience the same issue. The phone is working, as I answered a call (I know which part of the screen to press to answer a call), but the screen isn't and there is a need for a reset (I remove the battery).
    12-05-2016 08:31 AM
    All has been good so far, even the battery, but groove is terrible, it just keeps stopping, even on the middle of a track, totally junk.
    12-05-2016 12:19 PM
    Agreed. Groove still junky. When switching BT devices or wired headphones, Groove crashes and no longer plays untol reboot
    12-05-2016 12:45 PM
    Cortana/Search is broken on my phone (L950), it had been ok (I think), but now when I press the search button, I get the "ask me anything" prompt in the search bar, but when I start typing anything, the screen goes white, and instead of coming up with possible search suggestions, the screen just stays white, no suggestions appear, and pressing the ENTER key to submit my query does nothing.
    12-05-2016 02:25 PM
    Cortana/Search is broken on my phone (L950), it had been ok (I think), but now when I press the search button, I get the "ask me anything" prompt in the search bar, but when I start typing anything, the screen goes white, and instead of coming up with possible search suggestions, the screen just stays white, no suggestions appear, and pressing the ENTER key to submit my query does nothing.
    Ironically, this is the first Fast Ring build in quite a while where Cortana seems to be working fine for me. It always took me at least two tries to do anything with Cortana by voice. Now she responds first time (albeit a bit slowly).
    mtf1380 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    12-05-2016 02:54 PM
    Ironically, this is the first Fast Ring build in quite a while where Cortana seems to be working fine for me. It always took me at least two tries to do anything with Cortana by voice. Now she responds first time (albeit a bit slowly).
    I just tried Cortana and it worked perfect for me also...the phone (950XL) was even in sleep mode, with Bluetooth on:)
    Shamshi-Adad and Kerry2112 like this.
    12-05-2016 03:51 PM
    950 here and haven't been able to update any apps since the upgrade. Stuck in the dreaded "Downloading 0.10KB of x KB" and "Pending". Now up to 14 apps it wants to update including the store. Tried all the soft reset, in/out of airplane mode, pause all/resume some, etc. The really odd thing is if I pick an app I haven't installed yet and install it, it works just fine. It just can't update apps.
    12-05-2016 05:00 PM
    I installed on my 950 and outlook was missing.....i installed on my 950xl and Groove is missing. It's like Cracker Jacks! A surprise in every package!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    12-06-2016 06:41 AM
    I used "Reset my Phone" last night because it was so unstable. Doing the restore only restored about half my apps. I had to force install a lot of the built-in apps like Outlook Mail and Calendar. The really goofy thing is after it finished installing, my tile on my home screen for Outlook Mail was greyed out but Calendar was fine. Clicking the mail tile took me to the store to tell me it was already installed. I had to unpin and repin to start. I finally got everything set back up last night(and double checked the store didn't have any updates this morning before leaving for work) and when I got to work I went about filling my phone back up with my music and photos(well, only 16GB worth). On a lark, I went to the store and it just updated 17 apps. There's some serious weirdness with this build. I think this is one of those "ignore things until next flight" builds.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    12-06-2016 08:02 AM
    I used "Reset my Phone" last night because it was so unstable. Doing the restore only restored about half my apps. I had to force install a lot of the built-in apps like Outlook Mail and Calendar. The really goofy thing is after it finished installing, my tile on my home screen for Outlook Mail was greyed out but Calendar was fine. Clicking the mail tile took me to the store to tell me it was already installed. I had to unpin and repin to start. I finally got everything set back up last night(and double checked the store didn't have any updates this morning before leaving for work) and when I got to work I went about filling my phone back up with my music and photos(well, only 16GB worth). On a lark, I went to the store and it just updated 17 apps. There's some serious weirdness with this build. I think this is one of those "ignore things until next flight" builds.
    Nah, Insider Fast Ring is like a roller coaster man. You can't jump off or take a break - your on for the WHOLE RIDE !

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    mtf1380 and Captain_Eric like this.
    12-06-2016 10:27 AM
    I do find it odd that even on the same model of phone, people can have massively different experiences with the very same version of the OS. Are there differences in hardware under the surface that aren't readily apparent or something?

Also, how weird is this, I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself. I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but the whole inconsistency of the OS is troubling. The only thing more troubling is the alternatives i.e. IOS and Android!
    Joe920 likes this.
    12-06-2016 03:58 PM
    I do find it odd that even on the same model of phone, people can have massively different experiences with the very same version of the OS. Are there differences in hardware under the surface that aren't readily apparent or something?

Also, how weird is this, I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself. I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but the whole inconsistency of the OS is troubling. The only thing more troubling is the alternatives i.e. IOS and Android!
    All that is the BEST part of Win10M WITH Insider Fastrack. It's such an adventure

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Captain_Eric and Mark Kaplan like this.
    12-06-2016 04:06 PM
    I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself.
    It might be because they have re-merged Skype and messenger again, just a guess? I have had some strange behavior as a result, myself.
    Shamshi-Adad and wgrs like this.
    12-06-2016 04:19 PM
    From Edge, I can't "pin to start screen." And some of my existing Edge pages, pinned before the update, do not work.
    12-06-2016 05:12 PM
    same here. a lot of apps missing.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...n-14977-a.html
    12-06-2016 07:25 PM
    Is there anyone else who's having problems with Edge?
    The thing just can't work properly anymore since the last two builds.
    12-06-2016 09:25 PM
136 1234 ...