Outlook issues on W10 Mobile

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay, Im at my wit's end (short trip BTW). I have a 950 XL that I had set up just about the way I liked it, when I dropped it and cracked the screen. Instead of paying the huge price to replace the screen, I bought another 950 XL on ebay for a little less money. I did a backup to OneDrive, moved my SIM to the new phone and restored my backup. It got close, but I can't get a few things back like they were. Specifically, I can get my Hotmail and my work Office365 mail accounts pinned separately to the Start menu, but on my previous phone, they showed up in the Apps listing separately. On the new phone, all I see is the Outlook.com app.

Any ideas on how to get them to show up there separately. I like to have separate notification sounds for my work and personal account, so I can give each the proper attention based upon the time of day!

Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That is because they have amalgamated all the accounts in the app list into the outlook app. To be honest that's the way it should have been in the first place as the app list is for apps not email accounts :winktongue:. You don't find your mail accounts in your start menu do you :grincry:?

You still assign separate notifications for your email accounts via notifications and actions in settings.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay, Im at my wit's end (short trip BTW). I have a 950 XL that I had set up just about the way I liked it, when I dropped it and cracked the screen. Instead of paying the huge price to replace the screen, I bought another 950 XL on ebay for a little less money. I did a backup to OneDrive, moved my SIM to the new phone and restored my backup. It got close, but I can't get a few things back like they were. Specifically, I can get my Hotmail and my work Office365 mail accounts pinned separately to the Start menu, but on my previous phone, they showed up in the Apps listing separately. On the new phone, all I see is the Outlook.com app.

Any ideas on how to get them to show up there separately. I like to have separate notification sounds for my work and personal account, so I can give each the proper attention based upon the time of day!

Thanks.
I have two separate mail account groups pinned, so it's still possible. The option should be hidden behind the three dots in the menu bar at the bottom. I'm thinking: open mail so that you see the message list from both accounts. Hit the hamburger menu (top left). Tap the account you want to pin. If it's in a group already you may need to ungroup it. You should now see the message list for only that account. Now hit the three dots on the lower right. There should be an option 'pin to start'. Hope that works!

Bonus: if you first group similar accounts (e.g. one group for work, one group for private), you can then pin a whole group to the start screen, and the tile will show the total count of new mails in that group since you last checked. Pretty useful.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can pin the separate accounts to the start screen but you can pin folders. So, open Outlook Mail and select the account you want to deal with. Press and hold where it says 'inbox' and you will be given an option to pin the folder to the start screen. So you can have your separate inboxes pinned if you want

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
You absolutely can pin separate email accounts to start. Been doing it from day one on Win10.

Can you post how you are doing it? All I can manage is pinning a folder (inbox, deleted, sent, or whatever). I can pin the inbox from each account separately, but I can't pin the entire account that contains all its folders as a tile.

skwarek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Under the hamburger menu (top left) you should see your accounts listed. Press and hold on the account you want to pin. It will give you an option to pin it. Once you pin all your account, you can unpin the main outlook app tile. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 801.jpg
    801.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea