Messaging app freezes/crashes

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the built in text messaging app? I'm having lags where I hit send but the message is still in the composition field for a while. Also having issues where the contacts field is freezing. Sometimes there is just a delay, other times the app exits.

This started with the last two insider builds and a hard reset does not improve it. Skype isn't ready to be my SMS daily driver so that isn't an alternative option.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with it aswell with it just closing out, but today I got an update for Skype Preview and now the Messaging app doesn't close out any longer.

Skype Preview seems to have lost the ability to send sms'es for me though.

Edit:
Make sure you have the correct app selected as default sms-app.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have tried using Skype Preview as my default for SMS several times. I didn't mind the few missing features but not having a Live Tile to know I had unread messages is a deal breaker.

The default app is set fine it is just that the Messaging app seems to be really buggy. I'm not sure why but frequently it becomes laggy sending messages or typing and seems like it can't access my address book at times.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the message sometimes getting temporarily stuck in the composition field after hitting send. Its definitely annoying, but I've learned to live with it. Not sure if its an app issue or OS build issue.

And I agree about Skype. Its not ready for SMS and I just don't like it compared to the simplicity/speed of the regular messaging app. The new Skype app is great for Skype. But too slow and cumbersome for SMS.

Brendan White

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Skype Tile does display a * on it when there are unread messages. Well, it does 99% of the time. You need to make sure you are signed into the Microsoft Account in both Messaging and Skype Preview. The killer with Skype Preview for me is no way to turn off the Enter to Send feature. That means I can't put proper paragraphs in an sms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett