text and notifications from phone to PC no more?

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I am on the insider release preview build with a nokia icon. I remember a few builds ago when I charge up the phone I use wireless charging my alerts and text messages would pop up on my laptop. it was kinda handy cause I could actually reply to the text with the laptop. but I have noticed it doesn't happen anymore was this removed or is their a setting I am missing somewhere?

thanks in advance

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My devices are all on the official production build and the only notifications I'm getting nowadays is missed calls on my desktop. I used to get text alerts (and was able to reply) also but not anymore ... my settings are set to sync between devices also.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That functionality only exists in Skype Preview. It's gone from the Messaging app, and has been for months. You need the appropriate builds both on your mobile and desktop devices. Once you get that fixed up, it's (mostly) working, though some people complain of various glitches.

Brad.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
That functionality only exists in Skype Preview. It's gone from the Messaging app, and has been for months. You need the appropriate builds both on your mobile and desktop devices. Once you get that fixed up, it's (mostly) working, though some people complain of various glitches.

Brad.
Yes, but it used to work via Cortana/Action Center even after MS killed it in the Messaging app as part of the AU. The settings are still there, I can still send texts via Cortana, but I don't get notifications in the Action Center.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Yes, but it used to work via Cortana/Action Center even after MS killed it in the Messaging app as part of the AU. The settings are still there, I can still send texts via Cortana, but I don't get notifications in the Action Center.

Correct. U can send text but can't respond to one through Cortana or Action Center. However, I really like using the Skype Preview. Been using it for over a month. There are glitches because it isn't as solid as the messaging app but it works and I can sit all day with my Surface and text away without using my phone.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven