01-21-2017 10:50 AM
190 ... 45678
tools
    Does anyone over at MS even test the builds they are sending to the people !? Or they let the people "have all the fun" ?
    I received the latest build almost 2 days ago and everything is a mess...
    1. Reboots over and over again
    2. Contacts not showing
    3. SMS doesn't work at all. I can't receive and can't send. After i send the SMS magically disappears
    4. Apps don't work at all OR get borked.
    5. They said they "implemented" a new thing for apps and you can reset them if they don't work. Ok.... when i try to reset any app it says "Try again later".. really!? WTF !!!!?
    6. Store is opening and closing over and over again and i didn't even touched it.
    7. I can see I have notifications but when I scroll the bar down to see from whom/what/when it says "No notifications" or the device gets rebooted
    I am using Lumia 930
    quek9 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    01-15-2017 06:24 AM
    Most of what I read here regards WM. I am having similar problems with the PC version as well. I say as well, 15007 won't download or if it says it's downloaded, it wont install. I am stuck on 15002 with the multiple random reboots to the point I'm afraid to boot up.

Lord, if I ever get out of the insider program, please slap the hell out of me if I'm tempted to rejoin.
    fatclue_98 and quek9 like this.
    01-15-2017 07:02 AM
    My Lumia 950 runs almost flawlessly. Almost because some apps starts crashing randomly after using it for a while i.e. WhatsApp, not all the time but almost. But overall, the performance of my 950 is snappier and battery life seems better. Best thing is some apps no longer crash/freeze i.e. AppRaisin.

Also, why is it that most of you are complaining of the bugs without giving any constructive feedback here that might contribute to finding a workaround/solution to the problems? Isn't that the jobs of Insiders, no? I mean, besides reporting the bugs via feedback app.

You people who only complain really should read the terms and conditions of being an Insider. Bugs, bricks, Hard Reset, WDRT, all are to be expected with these builds. Yet you complain. If you can't handle the bugs, do yourself and us a favor. Quit being an Insider, and go back to the Production Ring. Insider Preview builds are clearly not for you.
    Geddeeee, nikosxri and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-15-2017 07:53 AM
    FWIW, after 6 reboots in about 2 hours, I hard reset my 950 XL DS and it has worked flawlessly since then.
    01-15-2017 08:22 AM
    Lord, if I ever get out of the insider program, please slap the hell out of me if I'm tempted to rejoin.
    Now, that's funny
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-15-2017 08:41 AM
    after a couple of days on this build (Mobile: 15007) I have for the first time "ever" decided to go Insider Fast Ring on my Surface Pro 3 (downloading now), I will however NOT go insider on my Desktop:)

On a side note to aximtreo, I may be requesting you to slap the hell out of me, in the near future
    01-15-2017 08:48 AM
    after a couple of days on this build (Mobile: 15007) I have for the first time "ever" decided to go Insider Fast Ring on my Surface Pro 3 (downloading now), I will however NOT go insider on my Desktop:)

On a side note to aximtreo, I may be requesting you to slap the hell out of me, in the near future

Just let me know. If we time it right, neither will feel the slap.
    01-15-2017 08:50 AM
    Just let me know. If we time it right, neither will feel the slap.
    10-4!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-15-2017 08:53 AM
    950XL Dual Sim 15007

I was having all the issues with randon reboots, apps not opening, no notifications, missed SMS messages, etc.

I went to SETTINGS-->SYSTEM-->ABOUT-->Reset your phone and restored from a backup.

I reset all apps, logins, etc. I went to the store and updated everything. Phone started to work far better.

Store Update came and phone is really stable now. Only cannot turn on Quiet Hours from Swipe Down, must hold and turn it on via Cortana.

Other than that, I have been using the phone and all is working well.

Good luck everyone!
    Joe920 likes this.
    01-15-2017 09:56 AM
    950XL Dual Sim 15007

Many of you are not listing your device details when responding. It makes your replies useless to most people.

Nobody cares if you listed your device in another thread or 10 posts ago. LIST IT EVERY TIME!!!!
    01-15-2017 09:59 AM
    Most of what I read here regards WM. I am having similar problems with the PC version as well. I say as well, 15007 won't download or if it says it's downloaded, it wont install. I am stuck on 15002 with the multiple random reboots to the point I'm afraid to boot up.

Nah... Insider Fast Ring is a safe way to have a good fight

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    01-15-2017 11:08 AM
    1. Reboots over and over again
    I was having same issue (and hangs freeze and possibly other issues you listed.
    I found a post suggesting to (a) uninstall Facebook and Skype (b) restart the phone (c) re-install uninstalled apps
    It works for me on a Lumina 950 - stable now, not facing any of the listed issues.

Note: what I am facing though is that I can't power off the phone the standard way, it will systematically restart.

Regards, Pierre
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-15-2017 11:11 AM
    950XL Dual Sim 15007

Many of you are not listing your device details when responding. It makes your replies useless to most people.

Nobody cares if you listed your device in another thread or 10 posts ago. LIST IT EVERY TIME!!!!
    INDEED!!! My # 1 complaint.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    01-15-2017 11:13 AM
    My feedback on a Lumia 830:

1. Performance dramatically under RS1
    2. Edge occasionally gets stuck in landscape mode. You need to go Start and back to Edge to reset its orientation
    3. The screen occasionally flashes on and off.
    4. The screen tearing since W10M launch is still there
    5. Sometimes changing the volume won’t make any actual difference in the volume (bug from old WP8.0.2 days)
    6. There is a delay when you press the volume buttons and when the volume slider appears.
    7. Doing a hard reset, the OS will not install a lot of the core apps, though you can download them in the Store just fine.
    8. Edge crashes occasionally, the pages reload a lot.
    9. Apps seems to exit from memory more often than in RS1.
    01-15-2017 01:34 PM
    Shazam*works with this build
    01-15-2017 02:37 PM

LORD HAVE MERCY !!! My laptop is my last line of defense (can't really count the iPad)

I won't go any faster than SLOW RING on my laptop.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-15-2017 04:11 PM
    Anyone facing audio playback issue? It is present in all music apps whether local or online like audiocloud, there's no sound, no song duration,it is stuck at 0:00 .Video playback is fine, only issue is with music playback and I did a hard reset yesterday, it got solved, today again this issue happened, does anyone know about the solution?
    My Device is lumia 730 running build 15007
    01-15-2017 04:12 PM
    I used my 950 DS with continuum today and the battery actually charged.

I have noticed also on continuum in multiple releases, video gets real "jerky" a reboot fixes it but after a while of use it returns.

Go Pack Go
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-15-2017 04:27 PM
    I had to roll back the update on my surface pro 3 too. My task bar wasn't working.
    01-16-2017 04:38 AM
    Can't wait to get an SMS in the car to see if Cortana's reading of texts over Bluetooth is really improved (as promised in the release notes) - it was working for me before, but not smoothly.
    Seems like a minor thing with all the major hassles people are having with this build, but I can report that Cortana's reading of texts over Bluetooth in my car has NOT improved. Still have to ask her multiple times to read the message or reply to it before it registers. Bummer.

950XL DS
    01-16-2017 07:59 AM
    I had to reinstall facebook and WhatsApp from my 950 (uninstall en add from windows store). After it worked again. Before that I had numerous freezes followed by a reboot.
    The facebook app looks new and improved compared to the old one I had before.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:39 AM
    I was having same issue (and hangs freeze and possibly other issues you listed.
    I found a post suggesting to (a) uninstall Facebook and Skype (b) restart the phone (c) re-install uninstalled apps
    It works for me on a Lumina 950 - stable now, not facing any of the listed issues.
    Thanks for the Tip!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:50 AM
    950XL Dual Sim 15007

Don't forget to say "Please"

950XL, DS, USA, 15007
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:52 AM
    1520. Am now showing four different versions of the same contacts in the People App, and none of my outlook contacts are linking up with my facebook contacts.
    01-16-2017 09:28 AM
    Edge pages reloading often is an issue here, but not all pages. Windows Central is one of the pages affected. Maybe the staff can reach out to their contacts and make that clear. Yes, feedback has been posted and similar upvoted.
    01-16-2017 12:04 PM
190 ... 45678