Feedback on 15007 update??

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks fatclue, I looked for half an hour trying to find that setting, even looked on that page (Settings>Phone) 10 times, but for some reason never went to the Audio Routing...duh!

Thanks again, Cheers!
HAH! Me too.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Glad I could help guys. This is what it's all about.
Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Awwwwww... Cheese Whiz... now you're gittin' all Saccharin on us.

It really, though, was one of those (for me) funnier moments that in retrospect couldn't have been scripted in a funnier way. And the posts all happened in a fast sequence!

'Aaat's a keeper :winktongue:

Thanks again ma' man.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Awwwwww... Cheese Whiz... now you're gittin' all Saccharin on us.

It really, though, was one of those (for me) funnier moments that in retrospect couldn't have been scripted in a funnier way. And the posts all happened in a fast sequence!

'Aaat's a keeper :winktongue:

Thanks again ma' man.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Don't let the charming personality fool ya.

Cyrus Bazeghi

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Exact same issue as with my 950, constant reboots, wants to scan and fix SD card, hangs/freezes which require a power cycle, touch screen freezes or non-responsive for long periods. This has been the worst possible update for me and I have no idea what to do. If there was a way to roll back on the phone I could not as it is completely unusable.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Exact same issue as with my 950, constant reboots, wants to scan and fix SD card, hangs/freezes which require a power cycle, touch screen freezes or non-responsive for long periods. This has been the worst possible update for me and I have no idea what to do. If there was a way to roll back on the phone I could not as it is completely unusable.
I'd do a Hard Reset and that'll probably take you back to 15977:

1.) Begin by turning off the device using the Power button.
2.) Then press and hold the Volume Down and Power button for a few seconds.
3.) You may release held keys as soon as the exclamtion mark appears on the screen.
4.) Press the following sequence of buttons: Volume Up - > Volume Down-> Power - > Volume Down.

Beautiful family :smile:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You guys crack me up. Great thread. Brotherly love all around.
So I had my first issue this afternoon. I was attempting to fill in some text boxes in a web page in Edge, like a login field no less. Curser is flashing, keyboard is up, but as I type, no characters appear in the text box. Nothing. But, low and behold I am getting word suggestions as I type! So the OS knows I'm typing, even what I'm typing, but the characters never make it to the input field. Now that is frustrating!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You guys crack me up. Great thread. Brotherly love all around.
So I had my first issue this afternoon. I was attempting to fill in some text boxes in a web page in Edge, like a login field no less. Curser is flashing, keyboard is up, but as I type, no characters appear in the text box. Nothing. But, low and behold I am getting word suggestions as I type! So the OS knows I'm typing, even what I'm typing, but the characters never make it to the input field. Now that is frustrating!
Just out of curiosity, is it the same when you go from horizontal to vertical, etc.?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I am sure you have done the basics: Power Down and Soft Reset; but I would "STILL" give it the weekend to settle down and in, before doing anything too radical.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I am sure you have done the basics: Power Down and Soft Reset; but I would "STILL" give it the weekend to settle down and in, before doing anything too radical.
That WOULD be the best. Let it rest and recover. An update can be quite a shock to the phone.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That WOULD be the best. Let it rest and recover. An update can be quite a shock to the phone.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
The handful of apps that have been updated in the Store since I went to 15007 have incrementally improved the overall stability of the OS in general. Baby steps y'all.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I still have my beloved Nokia 1520 and it had no problem installing... no reboots or anything. Battery life has been really good ...that started a few builds ago

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I still have my beloved Nokia 1520 and it had no problem installing... no reboots or anything. Battery life has been really good ...that started a few builds ago

I feel that way about my mint condition 4 year old ICON :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The handful of apps that have been updated in the Store since I went to 15007 have incrementally improved the overall stability of the OS in general. Baby steps y'all.

That's gotta take QUITE a degree of discernment, but ya' think?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No freezes or reboots on my L950 so far. But it seems like 15007 broke myAlarms & Clock App. It does not start any more. There is a new update for it in the store which fails with error 8007139F. This seems like a Job for the new App Reset Feature but alas it fails too with "We couldn´t reset your app. Try again in a bit."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium