Feedback on 15007 update??

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Someone on the feedback hub mentioned that in this build you can't enable quiet hours from the action center. I see the same thing, the toggle doesn't work. You can still enable it with the automatic settings, which stupidly are hidden in Cortana > Notebook > Quiet Hours.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The only problem I see is an error message on the Australia English keyboard which states "The text suggestions update* for this keyboard didn't download successfully" and the swipe keyboard feature would not work. I got swipe back by removing and Re adding the keyboard but the text update still causes the error message

You must have Fast Ring enabled to add keyboards or speeches to your phone. Otherwise you get this cryptic error message. Go back to Slow Ring only after all your installations are finished.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Someone on the feedback hub mentioned that in this build you can't enable quiet hours from the action center. I see the same thing, the toggle doesn't work. You can still enable it with the automatic settings, which stupidly are hidden in Cortana > Notebook > Quiet Hours.

Until right now I didn't even know there was another way to enable quiet hours other than in Cortana's notebook!! And I use it every single day...

And now that I know about it, they took it away lol

mariusdk

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I can not begin to describe the issues I am having, in fact it is so bad it is time to take the sim out, it is completely unusable.

I have random reboots, even when the phone is just lying on the counter with no background aps running, on average once every 15 minutes.

Accessing anything is near enough impossible. WhatsApp is slow and crashes, many of the apps fail to load completely. I will get a black screen after launching the application for several seconds and then either back to the start screen or worse, a reboot.One Drive and One Note is completely unavailable, I have a suspicion the phone is trying to sign me into those accounts when the screen is black, but it just chucks me out to the start screen.

Getting into email accounts feels like I'm operating a computer from the 80's in a internet café from the 90's.....it's painfully slow, fails to load the emails or get attachments and will simply chuck you out whilst you sore still struggling with it.

Trying to make a call is a exercise in extreme patience..... on the first two tries you can not access the address book on the next two it reboots and on the third you get halfway through a two minute conversation only to have it reboot again.

Every reboot comes with a big battery drain penalty it seems. Battery would not last 2 hours at this rate. Every time it reboots I get notifications from emails that was already read, I have changed the settings to checking it manually, still no help.

According to the Battery Use app, the three biggest culprits are START (23%), WINDOWS CENTRAL (20%)....makes no sense since I have only checked it once or twice to see if anyone has had any similar issues and ONE DRIVE (18%),which is hilarious since I can not access it at all. The PHONE has apparently consumed 8% in the last 24 hours, considering I was only able to place 3 calls that got interrupted, this makes no sense either and apparently the lock screen has consumed 7%?Everything else is running less that 1%, with the exception being WhatsApp at 2%....

I honestly do not know where to go from here.

I know running a Beta comes with certain risks and I can accept that this is now the result of said risk.

But after being a Windows supporter for so long, I really feel like I have had enough now. It has got nothing to do with the "app gap". WhatsApp is as social as I get, Windows has got all the apps I need, but it just feels like we are not going anywhere. Tired of waiting and using 2nd grade hardware.

My Surface Pro 4 is a gem of a machine, beautifully crafted and very capable. It does what it is supposed to do when I need it to. My Lumina 950xl is the opposite and has been for a while now. I don't need to be on a 100 different social apps or have the best looking phone, just give me something that works.

In the time it took me to type this it has rebooted twice, given I am not the fastest typeset out there.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.....

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Running 15007 on my Cricket 650 after using WDRT, an update and finally joining Insider fast ring and a final update after having been stuck with 14965 and only 14977 available, which always failed to install. Only current problem is Groove which opens but is then unresponsive, showing music addition options. This was a fresh install, no use of backups and only OS apps and WC currently installed. Will try resetting Groove.
Edit: Groove could not be reset, however it is working fine after checking for app updates. Rule # 1 when being an Insider: Always check for app updates and soft reset before throwing a seemingly broken device.

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, four hours since the reset and restore from backup, and things are still going smoothly. So somehow the update caused trouble, not the build itself. Still annoying, because restoring from backup takes a ton of time. But at least I seem to have a working phone again.
You're a trooper. If we ever choose sides, I want you on mine. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. Just installed 15007 os build*on my 950xl single sim here in the UK not really noticed to many issues just the odd ones which you have covered.

But I have a new*one !! When i went to the store and was checking the updates on the apps they updated but the Alarm/clock standard app could not update and came up with a error and now i can't open my alarms or*clock !!!!

This is what came up with the error code !!
Error code is :*0x8007139F

Really need my alarms back !

Tried to uninstall it but this is a standard app so its not possible!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

as147

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You must have Fast Ring enabled to add keyboards or speeches to your phone. Otherwise you get this cryptic error message. Go back to Slow Ring only after all your installations are finished.

Thanks for the suggestion. I enables fast ring but no difference. Then I rebooted the phone and it downloaded the keyboard update but it's now stuck at preparing to install. At the same time a message came up saying that an update it's to be applied 15007 (rs_prerelease).

I am nervous that this may take me back to all the problems so switched back to slow ring! I went into advanced options on insider to stop this applying for a few days as I need stability this week. Problem is the switch is stuck on off. After waiting a few seconds I tried to go back to the start menu (windows key) but no response. So tried the back arrow also no response. Only thing that would get response was holding down the back arrow and closing the app. Now photos Is not responsive. Hope update doesn't apply!

[update] Just checked and update is now gone with message starting I have blocked updates. Photos Is now tonight so all good 😄

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. Just installed 15007 os build*on my 950xl single sim here in the UK not really noticed to many issues just the odd ones which you have covered.

But I have a new*one !! When i went to the store and was checking the updates on the apps they updated but the Alarm/clock standard app could not update and came up with a error and now i can't open my alarms or*clock !!!!

This is what came up with the error code !!
Error code is :*0x8007139F

Really need my alarms back !

Tried to uninstall it but this is a standard app so its not possible!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I'm on an ICON but the alarm clock is a native app. In settings>apps other that uninstall or move, there's Advanced Options: it offers you to reset the app. Have you tried that?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.

Tried what you said in the apps settings, but*when i went into the alarm clock advanced settings and tried to resit it, it said it was not possible to reset it, try again later !!
Tried a few attempts but with no luck !!
Can't believe this app does not work!! This is the one i really need !!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully that Reset button works for all OS apps in the future as they're really the only ones that need it since they can't be uninstalled an reinstalled. Otherwise they're as useful as a remote control with no power source.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.

Tried what you said in the apps settings, but*when i went into the alarm clock advanced settings and tried to resit it, it said it was not possible to reset it, try again later !!
Tried a few attempts but with no luck !!
Can't believe this app does not work!! This is the one i really need !!

Well.... I fold.

DL some other alarm clock in the mean time.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully that Reset button works for all OS apps in the future as they're really the only ones that need it since they can't be uninstalled an reinstalled. Otherwise they're as useful as a remote control with no power source.
Man.......... PLEASE don't shoot. I cant help it works on my old mint ICON :unhappy:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Cheers for the help guys.

We'll hopefully i can find a way how to reset this app ! If not will have to download a temporary alarm clock app !!! Lol !! We certainly rely on our mobiles for everything !!!

Thanks again.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Works for "one note" for example, but not for others that I tried.Maybe in the next build will work for more...

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I enables fast ring but no difference. Then I rebooted the phone and it downloaded the keyboard update but it's now stuck at preparing to install. At the same time a message came up saying that an update it's to be applied 15007 (rs_prerelease).

This is the keyboard you try to install. I just did the same. No reason to worry, it's not a full system update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte