Feedback on 15007 update??

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Most of what I read here regards WM. I am having similar problems with the PC version as well. I say as well, 15007 won't download or if it says it's downloaded, it wont install. I am stuck on 15002 with the multiple random reboots to the point I'm afraid to boot up.

Lord, if I ever get out of the insider program, please slap the hell out of me if I'm tempted to rejoin.

LORD HAVE MERCY !!! My laptop is my last line of defense (can't really count the iPad)

I won't go any faster than SLOW RING on my laptop. :cool:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

arslan akhter1

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Anyone facing audio playback issue? It is present in all music apps whether local or online like audiocloud, there's no sound, no song duration,it is stuck at 0:00 .Video playback is fine, only issue is with music playback and I did a hard reset yesterday, it got solved, today again this issue happened, does anyone know about the solution?
My Device is lumia 730 running build 15007

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I used my 950 DS with continuum today and the battery actually charged.

I have noticed also on continuum in multiple releases, video gets real "jerky" a reboot fixes it but after a while of use it returns.

Go Pack Go

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Can't wait to get an SMS in the car to see if Cortana's reading of texts over Bluetooth is really improved (as promised in the release notes) - it was working for me before, but not smoothly.

Seems like a minor thing with all the major hassles people are having with this build, but I can report that Cortana's reading of texts over Bluetooth in my car has NOT improved. Still have to ask her multiple times to read the message or reply to it before it registers. Bummer.

950XL DS

JBonsel

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I had to reinstall facebook and WhatsApp from my 950 (uninstall en add from windows store). After it worked again. Before that I had numerous freezes followed by a reboot.
The facebook app looks new and improved compared to the old one I had before.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was having same issue (and hangs freeze and possibly other issues you listed.
I found a post suggesting to (a) uninstall Facebook and Skype (b) restart the phone (c) re-install uninstalled apps
It works for me on a Lumina 950 - stable now, not facing any of the listed issues.

Thanks for the Tip!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
950XL Dual Sim 15007

Many of you are not listing your device details when responding. It makes your replies useless to most people.

Nobody cares if you listed your device in another thread or 10 posts ago. LIST IT EVERY TIME!!!!

Don't forget to say "Please" :smile:

950XL, DS, USA, 15007

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
1520. Am now showing four different versions of the same contacts in the People App, and none of my outlook contacts are linking up with my facebook contacts.

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Edge pages reloading often is an issue here, but not all pages. Windows Central is one of the pages affected. Maybe the staff can reach out to their contacts and make that clear. Yes, feedback has been posted and similar upvoted.

Derozo

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I was having same issue (and hangs freeze and possibly other issues you listed.
I found a post suggesting to (a) uninstall Facebook and Skype (b) restart the phone (c) re-install uninstalled apps
It works for me on a Lumina 950 - stable now, not facing any of the listed issues.

Note: what I am facing though is that I can't power off the phone the standard way, it will systematically restart.

Regards, Pierre

This is a very good hint. It worked for me. Thank you.

Regards, Bernd
Lumia 950XL

HarleyBigDog

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950XL Dual Sim

After some respite from the bad things happening after the update, I now have lost all email account, Messages, Phone history, Feedback Hub won't let me connect unless I have wifi, even if I have full LTE coverage. Has anyone else been as frustrated, had these issues, or found good solutions? I find it ridiculous to have to wipe, reset, and reinstall with every major update that comes along.

Very frustrating. There is no emoticon worthy of my feelings currently.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
After a few days with 15007 on my Lumia 730: quite stable actually, slightly faster. Some of the older bugs persist, still no "From:" name in email, and live tiles sometimes hang. But live tiles work better than before and Skype finally has notification in the tile again. Small improvements, nothing spectacular. I never had any auto reboots. But I don't use Facebook or other memory hogs.

Those on fast ring shall update. And after the update, move back to slow ring so that you don't get a bad surprise with the next borked version.

Other than that, a daily reboot is still recommended. I do it each morning before breakfast. But we do this since Windows 95.

ugadawgfan

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
15007.1000 is garbage. Random reboots, lock up, email accounts disappearing. Its like MS QA took a vacation and left 100% of the testing up to insiders. Gonna have to reset to previous build. On a 950

ugadawgfan

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow. How did you get my phone? LOL. All same here though on a 950. $500 phone is virtually a boat anchor. Oh wait, another reboot. Imagine that.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I know no one likes to do this but if your experiencing a lot of problems you may want to consider doing a hard reset. This is to be expected being in the Fast ring sometimes. In my case, my 950 XL DS US is functioning well with no random reboots or major issues.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 650. After using WDRT and then going to 15007 with no restore my only problems after app updates were Edge crashes and Outlook mail and calendar apps not updating live tiles or syncing mail. A hard reset with no restore caused mail, calendar, Groove, OneDrive and Maps to disappear. All but Maps were able to be installed from the store and seem to be working the same as with 14965. Bluetooth connection speed and reliability seem to be improved with this build. Maps continues to show Working when trying to install, but never gets beyond that state. Other apps appeared to be stuck on Working before downloading but eventually installed. Apps, downloads and Maps are all setup to be stored on the device. All other files on SD card. This is how I've always rolled, formatting the SD card and removing the SIM during the hard reset procedure.

Niclas Lindgren

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This is a very good hint. It worked for me. Thank you.

Regards, Bernd
Lumia 950XL

Worked for me as well, was unusable, no idea how one app can do that, before uninstalling Facebook. after works like a charm, no hangs or freeze. Before it could lock at any time.

Reinstalled Facebook from store after, still works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb