Feedback on 15007 update??

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950XL Dual Sim

After some respite from the bad things happening after the update, I now have lost all email account, Messages, Phone history, Feedback Hub won't let me connect unless I have wifi, even if I have full LTE coverage. Has anyone else been as frustrated, had these issues, or found good solutions? I find it ridiculous to have to wipe, reset, and reinstall with every major update that comes along.

Very frustrating. There is no emoticon worthy of my feelings currently.
Just above your post someone posted "...UN-install FaceBook and Skype... Restart; reinstall the apps if you want to..." This has helped a number of people here on this thread cure everthang from snakebite to broken leg. Good Luck, man :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

ugadawgfan

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Guys, the following solution treads on a whole new level of makes no sense but...Several in this thread mentioned uninstalling the Facebook app and Skype app. I uninstalled Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Linkedin....They all suck anyway. Did a reboot and problem solved. Problems included multiple reboots, locked screens, locked keyboard......ALL GONE. Give it a try. Worked for me. Lumia 950, 15007.1000

ugadawgfan

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Follow up added benefit. Family member who uses tmobile..Im ATT...was not receiving my SMS Text messages. I could receive his, but he would not receive mine. Tmobile family member now receiving SMS Texts from me.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Guys, the following solution treads on a whole new level of makes no sense but...Several in this thread mentioned uninstalling the Facebook app and Skype app. I uninstalled Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Linkedin....They all suck anyway. Did a reboot and problem solved. Problems included multiple reboots, locked screens, locked keyboard......ALL GONE. Give it a try. Worked for me. Lumia 950, 15007.1000

Just UNBELIEVABLE ! You need some kind of Special Recognition for this. This is the biggest FIX I've seen in a long, long time :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster :cool:
Even when I lose, I win.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Edge pages reloading often is an issue here, but not all pages. Windows Central is one of the pages affected. Maybe the staff can reach out to their contacts and make that clear. Yes, feedback has been posted and similar upvoted.

I have had that issues on multiple phone since the very first Window 10 build!! It never goes away and it drives me nuts!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
After being mostly fine after the update on my L950, the last few days has seen battery life plummet much more quickly for some reason. Still occasional issues with photos, or manipulating photos, and occasionally it slows up a lot, especially noticeable if it happens whilst playing Bejewelled! Reboot usually clears it. So basically it's pretty good for me, but the sudden decrease in battery life is puzzling as it was initially fine after the update for a while, no new apps have been installed.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
All is well with my 950 DS I only use Twiiter and rarely at that, of the list of suspect apps, battery at 44% after 12 hours and almost 7 hours of audio streaming. Liking it so far. Sorry to hear others are struggling with it....been there.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
15007.1000 is garbage. Random reboots, lock up, email accounts disappearing. Its like MS QA took a vacation and left 100% of the testing up to insiders. Gonna have to reset to previous build. On a 950
That's the idea. Consumers are developmental engineers nowadays. But Microsoft didn't create that business model, it's been around for a few decades. Detroit's Big Three were the ones who made it an art form.

The program is called"Insider" for a reason. It's not meant to be used on primary devices and if you read the T&Cs you'd know this. These builds are for testing and evaluation. Sh!t is expected to happen, that's how potential problems are identified and rectified. In my field we call it "finding the solution to the pollution".

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Keith Blackwell

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
No, this one was just a huge mistake. It's no way this far into this program that an update be this bad. I mean my Groove music disappeared. Along with myriad of other nonfunctioning aspects. This update should've never been put out. This is like the very beginning stages of WM10 a couple years ago.

Ernest Kitindi

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone over at MS even test the builds they are sending to the people !? Or they let the people "have all the fun" ?
I received the latest build almost 2 days ago and everything is a mess...
1. Reboots over and over again
2. Contacts not showing
3. SMS doesn't work at all. I can't receive and can't send. After i send the SMS magically disappears
4. Apps don't work at all OR get borked.
5. They said they "implemented" a new thing for apps and you can reset them if they don't work. Ok.... when i try to reset any app it says "Try again later".. really!? WTF !!!!?
6. Store is opening and closing over and over again and i didn't even touched it.
7. I can see I have notifications but when I scroll the bar down to see from whom/what/when it says "No notifications" or the device gets rebooted
I am using Lumia 930

Same issues here. Constatnt reboot, cant search for people in phone or people app, just hangs. Sometimes cant unlock phone, just hangs.
Cant send texts.
Cant save contacts.
Notification drawer really slow, then cant access the apps from notification drawer.
Cant receive calls at times, just hangs and rings continuously.
Phone may overheat then drain batterythe by 25% in minutes.
Unable to turn on/off quiet ours, even from notebook.
Internet onnectivity is crap as well.

This is the worst fast ring update ive experienced.
Phone isdead a 950xl dual simsim, build 15007.1000.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
More issues starting to crop up as time goes by with this build, I was unable to unlock the phone earlier, instead the screen stayed off, but the iris scanner stayed on for ages, then after about a minute, it rebooted itself. This is the first time I've had a spontaneous reboot for months and months. After initially being ok, the cracks are definitely starting to appear. I don't mind being an insider and I expect some issues, but this degradation in performance that gets worse as time goes by seems to be a bit of a recurring theme with most builds, the last one was actually pretty good (not the one that was released by mistake last week, but the one before that). One step forward, two steps back... L950

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No, this one was just a huge mistake. It's no way this far into this program that an update be this bad. I mean my Groove music disappeared. Along with myriad of other nonfunctioning aspects. This update should've never been put out. This is like the very beginning stages of WM10 a couple years ago.
The thing that gets me is that most of the big problems were not in the known issues. I'd appreciate if there was an additional 'Rare issues' section in the build announcement. Like "On some devices several built-in apps may become unusable. Some devices may start rebooting every few minutes." Then we know we're dealing with a fast ring release, and believe me, if they had added those disclaimers I'd have stayed away. I get the sense that they only report "known issues" if they happen on all devices.

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Well sad!:wink:

That's the idea. Consumers are developmental engineers nowadays. But Microsoft didn't create that business model, it's been around for a few decades. Detroit's Big Three were the ones who made it an art form.

The program is called"Insider" for a reason. It's not meant to be used on primary devices and if you read the T&Cs you'd know this. These builds are for testing and evaluation. Sh!t is expected to happen, that's how potential problems are identified and rectified. In my field we call it "finding the solution to the pollution".

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Now it's worse, when trying to access the photos app to view/share some photos, it just says "loading..." forever, or until I got fed up of waiting and rebooted the phone. Very disappointing. Is there a way to get the previous insider build? That one was so much better.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Now it's worse, when trying to access the photos app to view/share some photos, it just says "loading..." forever, or until I got fed up of waiting and rebooted the phone. Very disappointing. Is there a way to get the previous insider build? That one was so much better.

Wait for next build.It will come today probably today or less likely tomorrow

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Another weird thing I've just found is that when I go to the screen where I check for updates, it now says in yellow text at the top of the screen "Some settings are managed by your organisation". I don't know why it says this, there is no Exchange account set up on my phone and my phone is not part of any corporate network. This last update has some quite serious issues, especially if it is going to prevent me changing some settings because it now thinks I need permission from a fictional server admin.

Never mind, I see that Dona has talked about this. The build is still sh1t though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb