The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-03-2017 10:16 AM
76 1234
tools
    Did this start after the Store App update yesterday?

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    I think it started right after upgrading to 15014, it definitely happened before yesterday
    01-25-2017 11:38 PM
    Anyone else getting this?
    It's a private unlocked phone, A Lumia 950 XL. Never had any issues getting a build previously.
    Attachment 133428
    I got something similar to that on my L1520 and I read somewhere somebody suggesting I switch to slow ring, soft rest, check for updates (which won't turn up anything) then switch back to fast ring and check for updates. This I did and the phone got back to downloading the update. Each time, however, it gets to around 65 - 73% it fails and goes back to 0%. it's done this at least four times and I've now decided maybe 15014 isn't for me yet and switched to the slow ring in the hope, if the issue isn't with my phone, maybe it would be resolved by MSFT then. No way am I going to hard reset soon unless the update holds exciting stuff for mobile!
    01-26-2017 02:00 AM
    Heres my problem Ive left feedback on the feedback hub. Lumia 950 ATT downloaded the latest update no issues with the download on the 19th. Yesterday after having no issues with Bluetooth, until then then Bluetooth and my charge 2 fitbit lost connection and I cant seem to get it back. It says on settings that its paired but when I tap to connect it only gives me the option to remove device and it will re pair but it wont connect and the fitbit app isn't finding the fitbit to sync. Any suggestions.
    01-26-2017 11:56 AM
    I'm having issues with text again sometimes I won't receive or I would get a send error. I would have to reboot it to let me get text messages again.
    01-26-2017 05:33 PM
    Checked for updates last night, nothing available but the check seemed to complete in the usual way. This morning I have different yellow text at the top of the screen to what was there previously "*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I'm sure the wording was slightly different to this previously, but anyway... the problem is, when I check for updates now, it fails almost immediately with "there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080008) [RETRY]

Was there an update last night that has failed somehow or has something else gone wrong?

UPDATE: Never mind, rebooting solved the issue of not being able to check for updates, though the yellow text about settings being managed by my organization is still there, despite my phone not being part of a corporate network/having an Exchange acct. on it... Not too bothered about this, so long as it doesn't interfere with getting future updates. I realize that the yellow text is a known issue, so not looking for any help on this aspect.
    01-27-2017 04:10 AM
    Checked for updates last night, nothing available but the check seemed to complete in the usual way. This morning I have different yellow text at the top of the screen to what was there previously "*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I'm sure the wording was slightly different to this previously, but anyway... the problem is, when I check for updates now, it fails almost immediately with "there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080008) [RETRY]

Was there an update last night that has failed somehow or has something else gone wrong?

UPDATE: Never mind, rebooting solved the issue of not being able to check for updates, though the yellow text about settings being managed by my organization is still there, despite my phone not being part of a corporate network/having an Exchange acct. on it... Not too bothered about this, so long as it doesn't interfere with getting future updates. I realize that the yellow text is a known issue, so not looking for any help on this aspect.
    Received the exact same error message, a restart fixed it for me too. Also, I have the same organizational message, only mine has changed to red text.
    01-27-2017 07:39 AM
    Trying to update my test device, Lumia 535 to this build for few days with no luck, it start downloading then stuck, like it is on 59% for half an hour now, tried different Wi-Fi connections but result is same, hard-rest it twice, erased SD card, please suggest, what should I try now?
    01-28-2017 12:23 AM
    Again issue with Quiet Hours and issu with the optimalization. My 640 XL little bit slow down from 15007
    01-28-2017 03:19 AM
    Still cannot see any build on my 650 after #65, even after WDRT and switchin btwn rings. Damn!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-28-2017 05:38 AM
    Still cannot see any build on my 650 after #65, even after WDRT and switchin btwn rings. Damn!
    Dude, I have missed your Avatar. its been months!!!! I hope your health is ok and you're back on track. It brought a big smile to my face when I saw that Avatar.

EDIT >>>>>> Especially since I'm probably one of the rare few around here who knows what that Avatar is.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Last edited by Shamshi-Adad; 01-30-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-28-2017 05:44 PM
    Dude, I have missed your Avatar. its been months!!!! I hope your health is ok and you're back on track. It brought a big smile to my face when I saw that Avatar.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Thanks Alan. Here's always the same mess. :/
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-30-2017 02:32 AM
    Anyone stuck at 99% download?
    01-30-2017 02:34 AM
    Attached phone to the charger last night, and it rebooted itself for some reason. It's never done that before. Also the above error I mentioned when checking for updates is back, best reboot it again... That "Galaxy S6" is getting ever closer for me (despite the crappy battery life).
    01-30-2017 03:26 AM
    No new build today or tomorrow. Wednesday at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/donasarkar/statu...47806209196032
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-30-2017 07:37 AM
    Anyone stuck at 99% download?
    My dl was very slow and it hung at 99% for about 10-15 minutes.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    01-30-2017 01:53 PM
    Ordered a Galaxy S6 to play with. The best I can hope for is that MS bring out a game changer at some point in the future, at which point I'll very likely come back, but as it stands, my L950 is shrinking in value, and it'll probably quite soon reach the point where I won't be able to sell it at all if things keep going the way they are. Everything about Microsoft's phone business is getting smaller, less handsets, less apps, smaller user base, there's very little positive stuff happening. I still much prefer the interface over IOS and Android, but I feel I'm sacrificing quite a bit now just to stick with my Windows phone. A sad day indeed.
    01-30-2017 02:58 PM
    Ordered a Galaxy S6 to play with. The best I can hope for is that MS bring out a game changer at some point in the future, at which point I'll very likely come back, but as it stands, my L950 is shrinking in value, and it'll probably quite soon reach the point where I won't be able to sell it at all if things keep going the way they are. Everything about Microsoft's phone business is getting smaller, less handsets, less apps, smaller user base, there's very little positive stuff happening. I still much prefer the interface over IOS and Android, but I feel I'm sacrificing quite a bit now just to stick with my Windows phone. A sad day indeed.
    Hey Speccy, the last I remember you lost your pizza app? Is that right?
    What are you doing now - direct-dial?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    01-30-2017 03:43 PM
    Dominos webpage works fine. I don't have pizza often, so it's not a big issue, especially I am trying to slim down a bit for my upcoming ski trip :)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    01-31-2017 01:59 AM
    I'm having issues with text again sometimes I won't receive or I would get a send error. I would have to reboot it to let me get text messages again.

Same here. Sms is all over the shop. My other half gets most of my messages twice but I often don't get her replies. They mostly come in if I reboot; but not always
    01-31-2017 12:52 PM
    Had a new audio bug today. Somehow my 950XL ended up confused about which audio app to send to the headphones. I played a video in the native Movies app, and Groove music kept playing in the background. Hitting pause would stop both apps, and hitting play would start the video and Groove at the same time. Not sure which app to blame. Or the OS?
    01-31-2017 08:40 PM
    Build 15025 is out for mobile!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-02-2017 12:04 PM
    02-02-2017 12:07 PM
    I'm not that late now, new thread coming up lol.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...fast-ring.html
    Awesome, thanks for setting that up.

I'll be watching closely to see if any reboot disasters are reported this time around. I am not making that mistake again!!
    Shamshi-Adad and zocster like this.
    02-02-2017 12:25 PM
    This update is just in time , phone has been completely unresponsive a few times the last couple of days, screen wouldn't wake up at all unless a soft-reset was performed.
    02-03-2017 09:20 AM
    Few features in creator update for windows mobile these features can also bring through cumulative update.Microsoft destroys hopes with creator update .

Sent from mTalk
    02-03-2017 09:54 AM
76 1234