Windows 10 Mobile build 15014 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery on the last build was good, too soon to tell today as it installed this am, it was at 20% after seven-eight hours, gotta give it time to chill. I know my 950 XL on the production ring is worse.

I tried the soft reset and changing from slow to fast and it wouldn't update until I changed the date and back.

I also was having notifications with last build about my insider settings needing to be updated, but only after a hard reset.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Try locking and unlocking your device with a button.

Does anyone have issues with Edge, i.e. it doesn't start, but takes me to the store instead. Also I can't find it in the store.

what are you referring to in the picture? The settings controlled by your organization or the error?

I have the organization thing to but its because I added my work email to outlook I believe, The error on update will go away after a few attempts.

Jackalito

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I've had a big issue with build 15014 on my Lumia 950 XL Single SIM unlocked.

It turns out that after a while (mainly once I start using my home Wi-Fi), cellular network connection starts failing and I don't have access to the Internet through it. I tried both, soft and hard resets (more than once, btw); and the problem persisted. I have sent the appropriate feedback using the app to Microsoft but now I'm forced to get back to production build.

The worst thing is that Windows Device Recovery Tool doesn't install build 14393 but the previous branch! How is that even possible after all these months? Jesus, they should upload a 14393 image to their servers and include an option to roll back a build in the Insider Program at least. Build 15007 was stable enough for me after a hard reset (I never experienced any reboots).

If somebody has seen the same issue with this or other build, I'd welcome the input and feedback.
Thanks guys! :wink:

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Only issues with my Lumia 650 are outlook mail and calendar live tiles not working. Edge doesn't always want to rotate when phone turned and I have a app. That won't install from store.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
do you guys advise me to switch to fast ring from release preview? and what is the downloadable size of the build? thanks

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Wait, am I the only one where this update finally fixed the Outlook Mail bug? I can finally open my e-mail simply by tapping it's notification, and this bug had persisted since 2 builds before 14998 IIRC.

Also, 15007 made most of my communication apps i.e. WhatsApp, Skype, etc. crashing, and thus rendering them almost unusable. Not only that, messages I receive, mostly WhatsApp messages, will only register once I open the app. Since it keeps crashing, I almost never get notified of any incoming messages. 15014 fixed this, but WhatsApp still crashes, although the crashing is very very less frequent than in 15007.

Overall, this is a good build for me. :)

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait, am I the only one where this update finally fixed the Outlook Mail bug? I can finally open my e-mail simply by tapping it's notification, and this bug had persisted since 2 builds before 14998

Overall, this is a good build for me. :)

I can also open the email from notification banner

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
You can't find it in the Store, it's integrated into OS.

First time it failed to open for me too, but second time opened with no problems.

Ditto- noticed initially the Edge app grayed out in the app list, but it did open ok from the main window. Afterwards, Edge was removed from the app list.

Everything else so far seems good. Like the new Bluetooth menu display. The voicemail icon is still missing from phone- only history, favorites and the number pad are displayed. (this I notice last week before update when I was having SD Card problems. Voicemail should be integrated and not part of an app, correct?)

Big test (for me) will be seeing how everything performs once SD Card is put back in.

Lumia 640

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hill Climb Racing not working on this build. Upvoted existing feedback on FB Hub (where I learned that it wasn't working last build either).

Incidentally, there were only 1 or 2 votes for the two pieces of feedback on this issue. Is the problem rare or is HCR that unpopular?

950XL DS

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing overall sluggish response. I've had to reboot a number of times. Outlook performance is sporadic. OneNote has issues with displaying an open note when coming out of lock screen. 950 XL DS US.

Rich May

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one having serious Mail/Calendar/Contacts issues?

OUtlook Mail keeps losing all of my mailbox account settings - goes right back to having no info at all. Everytime that happens I have to set them back up and then check contacts as invariably all accounts have become unlinked. And my outlook.com calendar is just not synching at all.

I tried a hw reset yesterday - finally got back up and running at the end of the day yesterday and having the same issues again this morning.

And after the hw reset the loading back of old text messages (either through skype - which ive abaonded as its still too flakey) or messegner

And battery life is poor. All in all this is the worst build in over a year for me :-(

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Calendar Live Tile once again requiring adding an event to force it to show the correct date. 950XL DS

There is an app in the store called Simple Calendar. I have used it for a few years and once set up, I have not had any problems with it at all. I think there is a trial version; give it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss