If you had reboots on the last two mobile builds answer this!

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you have the Facebook (Beta) app made by Microsoft installed on your phone?

I originally had it installed and I was having all sorts of rebooting and crashing on 007 until I hard reset and it was wiped off my phone. I tried reinstalling it and started having issues again and had to delete it. Same behavior on 014.

I'm wondering if something with the way it hooked into the OS was broken with these updates?

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
one thing I can tell you that my rebooting issue with 15007 indeed seem to be related whether I had my SD card in, and most of my non-microsoft apps reside on it. So yes- maybe an app (or apps) were responsible for the reboots?

I have upgraded to 014 today, and stable all day- but haven't put my SD card in yet, and hence - no facebook.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
one thing I can tell you that my rebooting issue with 15007 indeed seem to be related whether I had my SD card in, and most of my non-microsoft apps reside on it. So yes- maybe an app (or apps) were responsible for the reboots?

I have upgraded to 014 today, and stable all day- but haven't put my SD card in yet, and hence - no facebook.

Now that I think about it, I did have it installed on my SD card, so that could have also complicated things.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It's better to have all important apps internal. There are all kinds of issues with apps on SD cards. Some work well, but some show permanent problems. W10M is not a mature OS, it is still very much beta, not only the previews.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I always, ALWAYS install my apps to the phone, I keep the SD card for all my pictures/vids/music/movies/maps/docs... that way I will never fill my internal HD with junk and keep the memory clear and have lots of room still left over... guess that's why my phone is stable with production build.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, very interesting. Yes, my phone has been randomly restarting A LOT since the last hard reset I did about three weeks ago. I did have the Facebook beta app installed but removed it almost immediately.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I always, ALWAYS install my apps to the phone, I keep the SD card for all my pictures/vids/music/movies/maps/docs... that way I will never fill my internal HD with junk and keep the memory clear and have lots of room still left over... guess that's why my phone is stable with production build.
Sure, that would be idea however on my 640 with limited apps installed on the device I have only a GB of free space- which was almost not enough for the installing the 014 update- at one point the phone was up to 7.1 of 7.28 GB used before it cleaned it up. So most non system apps have to go on the card.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Sure, that would be idea however on my 640 with limited apps installed on the device I have only a GB of free space- which was almost not enough for the installing the 014 update- at one point the phone was up to 7.1 of 7.28 GB used before it cleaned it up. So most non system apps have to go on the card.

then that there is your problems, firstly ANY phone that has a full memory will not run properly even including android. these smart phones need a minimum amount of free memory to work correctly so having like 200mb of free space is no good. secondly you need a very good SD card and fast for it to read/write so that the app doesn't lag or sputter accessing the apps on the cards. to me the best ones are Sandisk or Samsungs... Lexar are crap! and don't even bother with those no name brands!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Facebook app on my phone throughout the last few builds without any issues, I don't use an SD card however.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
then that there is your problems, firstly ANY phone that has a full memory will not run properly even including android. these smart phones need a minimum amount of free memory to work correctly so having like 200mb of free space is no good. secondly you need a very good SD card and fast for it to read/write so that the app doesn't lag or sputter accessing the apps on the cards. to me the best ones are Sandisk or Samsungs... Lexar are crap! and don't even bother with those no name brands!
you didn't read my post carefully- typically I try to keep > 1GB free; it was only during the update installation that the space got critically low. And while my previous SD Card, whih generated occasional "needs to be repaired" errors, may have been an off brand, my current one indeed is Sandisk 64gb sdxc. So far, so good with the new card and 014 installed (but no fb app yet)

dwarfsize

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I'm going to actually check. That would be amazing if it fixed my issue. Though I doubt it to be honest, it was always crashing whenever I would use the physical camera button to activate my camera - try to take a picture after and BOOM it would restart. So frustrating.

Rich May

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Using FB but not beta. Am getting a lot of reboots. Also getting a lot of occasions where my account settings vanish. Outlook loses all accounts and people app also (including losing fb contacts) . Might be related. Going to try turning off fb sync for now and see if that helps

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting. I use FB Beta but all my apps are stored on internal memory. However, all my music is on my SD card and just today it randomly restarted and then said that the SD card may be corrupted (so I scanned it) and it seems to be okay now.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234