Fast vs. slow ring

user-774

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody know why the slow ring got a much lower update frequency compared to fast and even release preview? And b) does anybody happen to know when the next slow ring is gonna be released? 14965.1001 has ugly bugs...

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
That's the entire point of having rings. Fast rings are going to get the latest updates. Only when most bugs are fixed, it gets sent to the Slow ring.

The Release Preview ring is for Production releases.

Mauroo4

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
What are the most annoying bugs do you have? I've got that build installed on my Lumia 640 XL LTE and it's one of the best insiders builds I've ever tried

user-774

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by shmsnh
That's the entire point of having rings. Fast rings are going to get the latest updates. Only when most bugs are fixed, it gets sent to the Slow ring.

The Release Preview ring is for Production releases.

I know. But hey, I'm waiting for a new slow release since two months. Even production release got updated more often. This, and the fast ring sometimes has more than one update per week...

user-774

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Mauroo4
What are the most annoying bugs do you have? I've got that build installed on my Lumia 640 XL LTE and it's one of the best insiders builds I've ever tried

Well, constant Wi-Fi drop outs, unreasonable random restarts, slow and buggy lock screen, missing notifications from store and mail, keyboard stopped learning my words... These are the ones that pop into my mind right now.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to be on the Fast ring but changed down to Slow Ring after having to hard reset my device quite frequently with some of the latest builds. The slow ring is actually very stable. More stable than I thought. It makes sense to use the Slow Ring or Release Preview on your daily driver if you want the changes and updates with less of the game breaking bugs. I do agree with user-744 though. It seems the Slow ring gets the least number of updates. Here's hoping the recent fast ring builds, which are becoming more and more frequent, means a slow ring update is not too far behind.

Mauroo4

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, constant Wi-Fi drop outs, unreasonable random restarts, slow and buggy lock screen, missing notifications from store and mail, keyboard stopped learning my words... These are the ones that pop into my mind right now.

I don't have any of those problems. I suggest you to do a reset! Maybe it will solve a lot of those issues :)

Mauroo4

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I used to be on the Fast ring but changed down to Slow Ring after having to hard reset my device quite frequently with some of the latest builds. The slow ring is actually very stable. More stable than I thought. It makes sense to use the Slow Ring or Release Preview on your daily driver if you want the changes and updates with less of the game breaking bugs. I do agree with user-744 though. It seems the Slow ring gets the least number of updates. Here's hoping the recent fast ring builds, which are becoming more and more frequent, means a slow ring update is not too far behind.

I agree, I also think we will not have to wait a lot for the next slow ring build.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
14965.1001 is the worst build I have ever had on my 950 and I'm starting to hate my phone. The list of issues is so long I can't even keep track of them. Lock screen, camera, Cortana, starting the camera with the hard button, speech recognition, cell data dropping, restarts, huge NAR files on my SD card when the settings say to not save as RAW, missing photos and videos, just to name a few. I can't believe we have to live with such a bad version for so long. It's REALLY getting frustrating. In the past, slow ring has been pretty stable, but not this version at least not on the 950.

Last edited:

Mauroo4

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It's bad to hear that! I do also have issues with the camera not saving pictures, crashing, taking photos in 1280x720 instead of 13MPixels, ... But these are all issues that I had since the first build of W10M, both on insider and stable builds. I bought my 640XL with WP8.1 and I was happy of it, but now I'm not that happy anymore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes