The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-26-2017 12:20 PM
84 1234
tools
    Game over for my Lumia 950, they've broken Alphajax.
    02-03-2017 04:37 PM
    I hope this is the usual after-update freakout, but the phone got pretty darned hot while on the charger, and charging was very slow just now. Otherwise no bugs, so that's good.
    02-03-2017 06:33 PM
    Alphajax working again now. Is the dwindling no. of posts on new insider releases a sign of how small the user base is getting?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-04-2017 02:06 AM
    Alphajax working again now. Is the dwindling no. of posts on new insider releases a sign of how small the user base is getting?
    Might be a few reasons. I'm not really posting anymore because most people only seem to complain everytime a new build is launched. There's some great fixes though and I really like that. But I'm still actively posting in the feedback hub. :)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-04-2017 06:45 AM
    On this build on my Lumia 950 i have problem with GPS. Does anyone have the same problem?
    02-04-2017 06:56 AM
    There are 2 reasons why there're lesser number of posts regarding this new build. The first plausible one is as you suggest; many users have jump ship. Another plausible reason would be the build is wayyyy better than the previous one in terms of number of bugs. When there's lesser issue, you'll hear less from people. Believe me, if a particular build causes a lot of problem, the number of posts (complaints and workarounds) will skyrocket.

Both cases are not mutually exclusive, however. So, yeah.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-04-2017 07:38 AM
    Game over for my Lumia 950, they've broken Alphajax.
    You're not alone. It has worked once for me since the update, and is back to not working again. At the moment it is the only app/game I have installed that isn't working.
    02-04-2017 08:44 AM
    Alphajax still working on desktop Windows using the same account, so it's definitely an issue on the mobile side of things only. Oh, and as Stormy says, it's no longer worker on mobile for me either, again.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-04-2017 05:32 PM
    Alphajax still working on desktop Windows using the same account, so it's definitely an issue on the mobile side of things only. Oh, and as Stormy says, it's no longer worker on mobile for me either, again.
    That's life on the Fast Ring....

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Captain_Eric and Ariel Takom like this.
    02-04-2017 05:46 PM
    Anyone installing the build on the 735? Still on RS1 for many months and I'm curious is the new build for Fast is stable. Also any new stuff I should expect?
    02-04-2017 05:57 PM
    I switched to this ring from the Slow ring on my 950XL. However, when I check for updates I don't get the fast ring build to download. Any ideas?
    02-05-2017 12:16 AM
    That's life on the Fast Ring....

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    I've never had an insider release before that seems to work well in most other ways, but specifically targets the one thing I do several times per day, every day. Grrrr! Alphajax.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-05-2017 05:46 AM
    Finally rocking this build since my WiFi is finally fixed. The first thing that I noticed is that the battery life seems way better than in the previous builds. Other than that, everything looks to be the same as it was in the previous builds.
    Suresh Rajkotiya likes this.
    02-05-2017 08:38 AM
    Anyone installing the build on the 735? Still on RS1 for many months and I'm curious is the new build for Fast is stable. Also any new stuff I should expect?
    Of all the beta cràp we had in recent months, this is one of the best versions. Fluid, good battery, and finally live tiles work. It just took them almost a year.
    Joe920 likes this.
    02-05-2017 11:32 AM
    My people tile started working.
    02-05-2017 11:49 AM
    Of all the beta cràp we had in recent months, this is one of the best versions. Fluid, good battery, and finally live tiles work. It just took them almost a year.
    Agreed, so far it mostly works. For me only the weather tile is refusing to update on its own. Tried toggling it off and back on in the Background Apps section. Probably unrelated, but toggling those switches takes literally thirty seconds. The toggle is grayed out while it tries to change the setting. Never seen that elsewhere.
    02-05-2017 12:47 PM
    I switched to this ring from the Slow ring on my 950XL. However, when I check for updates I don't get the fast ring build to download. Any ideas?
    How long ago did you switch from Slow to Fast? Does it tell you you're Up To Date?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    02-05-2017 01:16 PM
    There are 2 reasons why there're lesser number of posts regarding this new build. The first plausible one is as you suggest; many users have jump ship. Another plausible reason would be the build is wayyyy better than the previous one in terms of number of bugs. When there's lesser issue, you'll hear less from people. Believe me, if a particular build causes a lot of problem, the number of posts (complaints and workarounds) will skyrocket.

Both cases are not mutually exclusive, however. So, yeah.
    Both Speccy and I have been around the Latest Fast Ring Build Threads for quite a while, me 8 months, Speccy goes WAY back to when the App Gap wasn't too bad, and he's right. By my reckoning the lowering post numbers has been for about the last 4-5 Fast Ring builds.

What do you say Speccy? How many builds now?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Last edited by Shamshi-Adad; 02-05-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    02-05-2017 01:43 PM
    Hope that you are right. We will see :P
    02-05-2017 02:33 PM
    Not getting this update after switching from release preview to fast, just getting 15007.1000 that doesn't finish downloading, stuck at 96%, reboots do not help, just starts the download from 0. Phones getting hot as hell and burning through the battery in a few hours, when on WIFI (when it's trying to download the update).
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-06-2017 03:47 AM
    Both Speccy and I have been around the Latest Fast Ring Build Threads for quite a while, me 8 months, Speccy goes WAY back to when the App Gap wasn't too bad, and he's right. By my reckoning the lowering post numbers has been for about the last 4-5 Fast Ring builds.

What do you say Speccy? How many builds now?

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    I've been an Insider ever since I can remember (years), but sadly I will be leaving the platform this week, the app gap is becoming greater, and there is just soooo much more available on the other platforms. Granted, a lot of it is rubbish, but there are some gems as well. I've found something similar to glance called ACDisplay which will work well enough (on the Galaxy S6) to replace it. I can use Outlook on Android too, I think the things I'll miss are the superior interface of Windows Mobile, and Alphajax, oh and the awesome LockMix app. I will however gain proper apps for things like Ebay, Amazon, my bank, a parallax 3D wallpaper (check those out on YouTube, they're awesome), a relatively cheap way of trying VR etc etc.

I'll probably be back at some point, but I fear another reset from Microsoft is on the horizon, so it's best sell my 950 while it's still worth something, and avoid my device going obsolete and plummeting in value. When MS realise their potential and release a groundbreaking category defining product, I'll very likely be back. I'll still keep an eye on things here though, I love these forums :o)
    mtf1380 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    02-06-2017 05:33 AM
    Usually I avoid Fast Ring builds but just took the plunge on this one as it seems to be a decent one. So far its slick, and everything works :)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-06-2017 08:03 AM
    Yeah, I'm done with Fast Ring for now. I tried a hard reset and still had issues on 15025. So Saturday I used WDRT and went back to the production build. Forgotten how my 950XL "just worked" on the production build.

Really have myself to blame for going Fast Ring on a daily driver. I thought by buying the Nexus 6P I could use that as a daily driver and tinker with the 950XL on Fast Ring, but I found swapping sims to be a pain. On production, I actually prefer my 950XL to the Android, despite the app gap. Email and calendar management are critical for me and W10M is miles ahead of Android on that front.
    mtf1380 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    02-06-2017 08:43 AM
    If I can't get on with Android, I'll probably pick up a 950XL at some point, but I want to give Android a fair go first. As for Insider vs Production, overall I've had a better experience with the fast-ring than I did on Production. And the current fast-ring build seems pretty good, apart from the breaking of Alphajax.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-06-2017 09:23 AM
    When I hard reset the build I had a mess with synchronizing contacts calendar, freezing...
    This happened to previous fast also...
    So dont hard reset the build!!!
    02-06-2017 09:30 AM
84 1234