Windows 10 Mobile build 15025 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Noticed the following so far:

1) Live Tiles working much better - almost perfectly for most of my pinned apps.

Spoke too soon. Store Live Tile is dead for me. Even the usual fix of going into app settings and toggling "Show products on tile" off and on again is not working.

crackers450

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
trouble with build 151025

Hi All,
I downloaded 151025 onto my lumina 950, colours are all wonderful now, it's quicker, BUT now the tones for email & sms won't play, the APP & Media Volume slider has disappeared from the screen, when you open the volume slider & push the down arrow, the only thing that appears now is the main volume slider with vibrate on & ringer on when you push the down arrow, none of the notifaction tones will play, when accessing the ringtone folder they are there but won't play, the only tone I have now is the default one and that is hopeless, you can't hear it. am I doing something wrong or is there another update to fix this problem some help would be appreciated
Cheers

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: trouble with build 151025

Hi All,
I downloaded 151025 onto my lumina 950, colours are all wonderful now, it's quicker, BUT now the tones for email & sms won't play, the APP & Media Volume slider has disappeared from the screen, when you open the volume slider & push the down arrow, the only thing that appears now is the main volume slider with vibrate on & ringer on when you push the down arrow, none of the notifaction tones will play, when accessing the ringtone folder they are there but won't play, the only tone I have now is the default one and that is hopeless, you can't hear it. am I doing something wrong or is there another update to fix this problem some help would be appreciated
Cheers

Merged with existing thread for support

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is the usual after-update freakout, but the phone got pretty darned hot while on the charger, and charging was very slow just now. Otherwise no bugs, so that's good.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Alphajax working again now. Is the dwindling no. of posts on new insider releases a sign of how small the user base is getting?

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Alphajax working again now. Is the dwindling no. of posts on new insider releases a sign of how small the user base is getting?

Might be a few reasons. I'm not really posting anymore because most people only seem to complain everytime a new build is launched. There's some great fixes though and I really like that. But I'm still actively posting in the feedback hub. :)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

There are 2 reasons why there're lesser number of posts regarding this new build. The first plausible one is as you suggest; many users have jump ship. Another plausible reason would be the build is wayyyy better than the previous one in terms of number of bugs. When there's lesser issue, you'll hear less from people. Believe me, if a particular build causes a lot of problem, the number of posts (complaints and workarounds) will skyrocket.

Both cases are not mutually exclusive, however. So, yeah.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Alphajax still working on desktop Windows using the same account, so it's definitely an issue on the mobile side of things only. Oh, and as Stormy says, it's no longer worker on mobile for me either, again.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Alphajax still working on desktop Windows using the same account, so it's definitely an issue on the mobile side of things only. Oh, and as Stormy says, it's no longer worker on mobile for me either, again.

That's life on the Fast Ring....:wink:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone installing the build on the 735? Still on RS1 for many months and I'm curious is the new build for Fast is stable. Also any new stuff I should expect?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched to this ring from the Slow ring on my 950XL. However, when I check for updates I don't get the fast ring build to download. Any ideas?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
That's life on the Fast Ring....:wink:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

I've never had an insider release before that seems to work well in most other ways, but specifically targets the one thing I do several times per day, every day. Grrrr! Alphajax.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Finally rocking this build since my WiFi is finally fixed. The first thing that I noticed is that the battery life seems way better than in the previous builds. Other than that, everything looks to be the same as it was in the previous builds.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone installing the build on the 735? Still on RS1 for many months and I'm curious is the new build for Fast is stable. Also any new stuff I should expect?

Of all the beta cràp we had in recent months, this is one of the best versions. Fluid, good battery, and finally live tiles work. It just took them almost a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb