Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth problems are the same on my ICON.

Also occasional lockups from out-of-the-blue. Soft Reset always brings it back to me.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
All,
After download, my notification sounds for my two email accounts (Outlook.com and Exchange account) are not working. I had this issue on a previous release and I can't remember what I did to make the sounds work, unless it was just downloading the next build.
My notification sound still works for my text messages.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Can't select different ringtone ,all ringtone names are wiped and can't be played.

It's the same on my ICON, except the names are still there.

BTW its VERY NICE to know what model of phone you're talking about a lot of times unless people are really familiar with ya'.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I was on the Fast Ring leading up to the Anniversary Update and once it hit I dropped down to the Production Ring. Now that the Creator's Update appears to be nearing final, I jumped up to the Fast Ring today.

Now I'm stuck on the splash screens and can't get beyond them. I see the blue Windows logo screen load and stay there for a few minutes, then it goes to the red Verizon splash screen and stays there indefinitely. I let it sit for an hour two separate times with no luck.

What's my next step? I'm assuming I roll back. Is this done by connecting my phone to my computer and doing the device recovery? It's been awhile since I've messed with this.

I'm using an Icon.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was on the Fast Ring leading up to the Anniversary Update and once it hit I dropped down to the Production Ring. Now that the Creator's Update appears to be nearing final, I jumped up to the Fast Ring today.

Now I'm stuck on the splash screens and can't get beyond them. I see the blue Windows logo screen load and stay there for a few minutes, then it goes to the red Verizon splash screen and stays there indefinitely. I let it sit for an hour two separate times with no luck.

What's my next step? I'm assuming I roll back. Is this done by connecting my phone to my computer and doing the device recovery? It's been awhile since I've messed with this.

I'm using an Icon.

Well, I would use Window Device Recovery Tool and then updating it again, as a such trouble might means that there is some problem with your phone (well, it is like a clean install). By the way, Windows Device Recovery tool will check the latest firmware for you too.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm using an Icon.
Have you tried a Hard Reset from the Volume and Power Buttons? If not, you can Google that easily or if you're familiar with the WDRT use that. But I think a Hard Reset is you're answer.

Have you even tried a Soft Reset? Try that first. Hold the Vol_Down button together with the Power Button until you hear/feel the BUZZ and let go - it will reboot.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a Hard Reset from the Volume and Power Buttons? If not, you can Google that easily or if you're familiar with the WDRT use that. But I think a Hard Reset is you're answer.

Have you even tried a Soft Reset? Try that first. Hold the Vol_Down button together with the Power Button until you hear/feel the BUZZ and let go - it will reboot.

Yeah, soft reset did not work. Still stuck on splash.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, soft reset did not work. Still stuck on splash.
Well then Google "Hard Reset on ICON" and the 1st link will tell you the steps . Its still the Vol Buttons and the Power Button but more steps and I don't have them in memory and don't need to Google that for you...:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Really? Sorry - I've never heard that before...

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
I have had my phone stuck before and a soft restart didn't help, but I tried a Power Down cycle, and low and behold, all was well (950XL).

I figure its worth a try?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have had my phone stuck before and a soft restart didn't help, but I tried a Power Down cycle, and low and behold, all was well (950XL).

I figure its worth a try?
I've just never heard of that Button Sequence...:grin: Not sure I'll EVER remember that Button Sequence...:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've just never heard of that Button Sequence...:grin: Not sure I'll EVER remember that Button Sequence...:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Its just the good ole: Power "OFF" button > Slide down to turn off > wait until phone powers down > hit Power Button, to power "ON".

I believe it "clears" the cache.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi there -

Skype preview is still stuck on my 950xl. I uninstalled it last week as it was freezing and not working very well. When I reinstall from the store I can only get version 11.8.204.0. This version does not work very well and will not share with my PC.

Does anybody know a work around to get a newer version in the fast ring?

update: after a couple of days it finally updated and I am back in business

Last edited:

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Good suggestion, the hard reset worked. In 20 minutes I was back up and running 15031.

Here are the steps:
1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.

Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
All data will be lost!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99