Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Good suggestion, the hard reset worked. In 20 minutes I was back up and running 15031.

Here are the steps:
1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.

Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
All data will be lost!
Novel?! :amaze: Bear Hug and a Beer for ya'. Good for you. Now you've walked through The Valley Of Pain one time. So next time - if you have - to - your not gonna whine, right??? If you HAVE to, you know you can survive it... :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
It's the same on my ICON, except the names are still there.

BTW its VERY NICE to know what model of phone you're talking about a lot of times unless people are really familiar with ya'.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

I have lumia 830 and had to hard reset to fix the ringtone problem, regards

zombiephone

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
on my lumia 830 works very good
some problem are :
living images not working
camera are buggy
store have some lag
but the overall performance is good no lag

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
writing from opera right now!!!
cant log in in windows central via internet explorer!!Explorer craches in this and previous build when try to log in.
Mods any help

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950XL.

Anyone else having problems with the OS almost constantly crashing when you go to turn on the screen with the power button?

I've had this problem for several builds now.

The screen just flashes a greenish/yellow and goes black. Sometimes it restarts and sometimes it gets stuck with a black screen, goes VERY hot until it tells me the battery has run out (takes about 30 minutes to go from 100% battery to empty in this state).

It sometimes happens randomly while I'm in different apps aswell, and sometimes when I try to go back to the home screen.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 950XL.

Anyone else having problems with the OS almost constantly crashing when you go to turn on the screen with the power button?

I've had this problem for several builds now.

The screen just flashes a greenish/yellow and goes black. Sometimes it restarts and sometimes it gets stuck with a black screen, goes VERY hot until it tells me the battery has run out (takes about 30 minutes to go from 100% battery to empty in this state).

It sometimes happens randomly while I'm in different apps aswell, and sometimes when I try to go back to the home screen.

Maybe hardware problem?Did you try production build to see if this happens?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Apparently this build introduced a camera bug for me, specifically when taking a group selfie. I always keep the rotation lock on in portrait mode. When taking group selfies, my phone would be in a landscape position, and usually this results in the selfie photos being in landscape position.

In this build however, my landscape selfies are apparently treated as if I took them in portrait. Thus for all of the group selfies I've taken thus far, I'd have to edit them (rotate) before sharing it with my group mates. Very annoying.

Anyone else have this issue? Turning off rotation lock somehow fixes this, but I'd like to keep that settings on if possible.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
HP ELITE X3
The back button to multi task doesn't work. It works temporarily after I perform a soft reset but stops after the screen times-out. Charging sporadically too. I am tempted to rollback with a hard reset. :(

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same experience with BT on my HP Elite x3. It picks up formerly paired devices fine, but crashes when I try to add new devices. Its an otherwise good build. But after all this time MS should know better than to release a Build with any of the following broken: wifi; cellular; Continuum; Edge; or BT. They did give notice, but what is the point if its going to be a crippled OS? It feels like going backwards! I'm also having problems with Edge on desktop with Fast Ring. The keyboard won't work.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
With regards to the Bluetooth issue in this build, my connected Surge still works fine, but you cannot pair a new device. For previously paired devices, the Bluetooth button on Action Center is highlighted too, the same way it is when a device is successfully paired, even though it says Not Connected. Another issue I found is that suddenly the Favourites menu in Edge is blank.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
With regards to the Bluetooth issue in this build, my connected Surge still works fine, but you cannot pair a new device. For previously paired devices, the Bluetooth button on Action Center is highlighted too, the same way it is when a device is successfully paired, even though it says Not Connected. Another issue I found is that suddenly the Favourites menu in Edge is blank.

My favourites of Edge is OK (nothing missing)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same experience with BT on my HP Elite x3. It picks up formerly paired devices fine, but crashes when I try to add new devices. Its an otherwise good build. But after all this time MS should no better than to release a Build with any of the following broken: wifi; celluar; Contimuum; Edge; or BT. They did give notice, but what is the point if its going to be a crippled OS? It feels like going backwards! I'm also having problems with Edge on desktop with Fast Ring. The keyboard won't work.

I honestly don't know why they're (Microsoft) bothering to update mobile on current devices at all. They're clearly going to drop the current devices like hot potatoes when their next "Win x86/x64 on Arm" version ships (on newer hardware). That will be a different beast to the current version of mobile (under the hood).

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Shortly, stay on stock. Just update it through Settings - Update - Phone update to have a latest stable build.

Agreed. For at LEAST 1-2 months. There's an anomaly in the MS Windows Mobile flux field recently and we need to see if it's going to settle some. :wink:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I get an SMS text, the notification displays the phone number instead of the contact name. Viewing within the Messaging app displays correctly. The notifications are not correlating to the address book.
Also having issues pasting copied text anywhere.
950 XL DS US

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte