Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Scratch my last post, when I was in settings trying to change my ringtone none of the names were there. When I hit back it took me to start screen. It did this twice.

Went back in for third try and all is normal, even ringtone names are there.
The device tab opened, but I didn't try Bluetooth. All my paired Bluetooth devices are working (plantronic voyager hd head set, keyboard and Microsoft sync in my c-max energi car).

I have noticed that it won't allow the light sensor settings to be on.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Bluetooth headset on, text comes in, Cortana asks to read, I say yes. She reads message, she asks for reply or done, I say reply. Cortana says something went wrong and quits. This has happened multiple times, I reported to feedback also.

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have issues with email notifications not showing in the Action Center? Mine did up until this morning. Did a soft reset and still no notifications. The lock screen number shows up but nothing when I swipe down. I've already had to hard reset due to Edge not opening after the initial upgrade.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, do you mean MS VOICE recorder ? It is still there.

No, I am referring to "no" Record CALL button in Phone App, during a call.

SETTINGS> SYSTEM> PHONE> Default apps> Choose apps> Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls> "Grayed Out"

Last edited:

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know why they're (Microsoft) bothering to update mobile on current devices at all. They're clearly going to drop the current devices like hot potatoes when their next "Win x86/x64 on Arm" version ships (on newer hardware). That will be a different beast to the current version of mobile (under the hood).

I'm interested in and all for the Win-on-Arm initiative. If that means there's a new and better handset than the x3, I will move to that. I've never bought a phone with the idea that it would be future-proof. At least in this age, the market keeps moving which keeps it interesting if costly. But if and when the Win-on-Arm's come out (which could include the Surface Phone), I would think that it's version of the OS would have some of the characteristics of the current Windows Mobile, so that work underway and continuing on existing W10M phones would benefit the Win-on-Arm OS?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No, I am referring to "no" Record CALL button in Phone App, during a call.

SETTINGS> SYSTEM> PHONE> Default apps> Choose apps> Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls> "Grayed Out"

It seems that I can use it (not grayed out). Recording icon will be pop up to phone app. Just wondering why it is not enabled as an default option.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It seems that I can use it (not grayed out). Recording icon will be pop up to phone app. Just wondering why it is not enabled as an default option.

Well, I have you and @nikosxri to thank for prompting me to try a little harder, after finding that you both had the ability to use your Call Recorder, I tried a Soft-Reset with no luck; but took it a little farther and did a Power Off/On cycle, that seems to have brought it back for me. Thank guys (I'm just assuming you are guys, my apologies if you are not:).

Like I first stated, I check for Call Recording after the update, and it was there - but this morning while on a call I noticed that the "Record Button" was missing????? Anyway, thanks again!

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have you and @nikosxri to thank for prompting me to try a little harder, after finding that you both had the ability to use your Call Recorder, I tried a Soft-Reset with no luck; but took it a little farther and did a Power Off/On cycle, that seems to have brought it back for me. Thank guys (I'm just assuming you are guys, my apologies if you are not:).

Like I first stated, I check for Call Recording after the update, and it was there - but this morning while on a call I noticed that the "Record Button" was missing????? Anyway, thanks again!

Install it from store again
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/windows-voice-recorder/9wzdncrfhwknv

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
While initially my previously paired devices were working, nothing now connects over Bluetooth. My Band2 or my car or any speaker I had paired. Waiting for the next build now. Hopefully soon....
950 XL DS US

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
While initially my previously paired devices were working, nothing now connects over Bluetooth. My Band2 or my car or any speaker I had paired. Waiting for the next build now. Hopefully soon....
950 XL DS US

Did you try a soft reset/restart? When my Fitbit Surge that was previously paired stopped pairing I went in to the Fitbit app itself and it allowed me to pair it from there. It failed twice, but, the third time I tried to pair it it seemed to work and now it works fine.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset/restart? When my Fitbit Surge that was previously paired stopped pairing I went in to the Fitbit app itself and it allowed me to pair it from there. It failed twice, but, the third time I tried to pair it it seemed to work and now it works fine.

Yes, I had tried that a few times. Interestingly though, even though the action center icon says not connected, my band actually is connected. I am able to do a sync from the Health app. My car is also still connecting. So the icon is incorrect. It does show bluetooth on, but not connected which it is.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I had tried that a few times. Interestingly though, even though the action center icon says not connected, my band actually is connected. I am able to do a sync from the Health app. My car is also still connecting. So the icon is incorrect. It does show bluetooth on, but not connected which it is.

My Action Center exhibits the same behavior: Bluetooth button shows toggle "ON" , but NOT connected, but I have been able to connect to all previously installed BT devices.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
How is this running on a a idol 4s

Sent from Idol 4s

I wish I had an Idol 4S to try it with and tell you. Sadly, I don't. But it is far more stable and reliable than I thought it would be though, on my 950XL. Everything near enough works, even Bluetooth (even though the icon statuses are mixed up, like mtf1380 said above).

One thing that sometimes happens to me though, is, if my device is locked for a long time, when I unlock, it a notification appears asking me to try the new Gestures Beta. This has happened a few times now. Other than that though, it works fine for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb