Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From Microsoft

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We fixed an issue in recent Insider builds where certain calendar appointments could result in a Mail crash with every sync. This issue could also result in issues sending and receiving SMS.
  • We fixed an issue where pausing a streaming track, for example in Groove Music, would result in no more re-buffering when playback is resumed, leading to choppy playback audio.
  • We fixed an issue where text copied from a PDF in Microsoft Edge couldn’t be pasted.
  • We fixed an issue where the ninja cats on the People and Animals page of the keyboard were displaying in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
  • We also added the rainbow flag emoji to the keyboard. You can find it in the transportation and weather section.
  • We’ve updated Keyboard Settings so that “Switch back to letters after I type an emoticon” is now off by default.
  • We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode.
  • We fixed an issue where, if the phone was connected to the PC, deleting an entire folder (without opening the folder) on the phone from the PC’s file explorer might not result in the folder actually being deleted on the phone. We also fixed an issue where (still connected to the PC) the phone might freeze for a short while after cancelling copying content to the SD card.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some games with an explicit option to “exit game” unexpectedly taking a long time to close.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some games were drawing up and to the left offscreen in recent flights.
  • We fixed an issue where receiving a notification while the phone was in your pocket could unexpectedly result in the screen turning on.
  • We’ve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.

Known issues for Mobile

• Speech packs will be unable to download on this build.
  • Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
  • Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Bluetooth quick actions from Action Center also does not work. Continuum will also not work.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15031, discuss it here.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15014, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
On phone (950XL, DS, USA) now, after download... Everything seems fine, and the phone is responding faster than ever.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I remember a time when these posts were flooded after a release. Sad times. So far so good on my 950XL. Less drag so far. But per usual, need to give it a week.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Reading the known issues section I see that Bluetooth cannot be toggled from action center and Bluetooth settings can't be opened to pair a new device.
If the device is already paired before update, it should work.

Can someone who installed the build describe the situation and how the bt is operating in different phones?

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
On my 950, the Bluetooth toggle works OK. However, trying to access the Bluetooth setting page is impossible - Settings just crashes

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Can you check Continuum and bluetooth ? - do they work as usually ?

Jaripi, the first thing I checked last night was a Bluetooth a headset. The Bluetooth Settings Page looked different, but my headset work great...instantly connecting. This morning, after reading your question, I tried to open the Bluetooth Settings page again and it failed to open, but my headset still works fine. I tried to connect to my TV (Sony Z9D, using a ScreenBeam Mini2), and was unable to do so.

Note: I was concerned that I would loose Bluetooth ability on this build, because I have lost it on my Surface Pro 3..Caution: it "may" be a hit or miss on what Bluetooth devices will connect on this build.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Jaripi, the first thing I checked last night was a Bluetooth a headset. The Bluetooth Settings Page looked different, but my headset work great...instantly connecting. This morning, after reading your question, I tried to open the Bluetooth Settings page again and it failed to open, but my headset still works fine. I tried to connect to my TV (Sony Z9D, using a ScreenBeam Mini2), and was unable to do so.

Note: I was concerned that I would loose Bluetooth ability on this build, because I have lost it on my Surface Pro 3..Caution: it "may" be a hit or miss on what Bluetooth devices will connect on this build.

Maybe you can open directly the bt page through a third party app for example battery app?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battery/9wzdncrfhwj9

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you can open directly the bt page through a third party app for example battery app?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%2Fp%2Fbattery%2F9wzdncrfhwj9&token=PRdiTze6

nikosxri, excellent suggestion! I already use a third party app (Quick Settings), to access my Bluetooth Settings;
last night, it opened, no problem;
earlier today, it failed to open;
just now, opened, no problem.

wp_ss_20170210_0001.jpg

Hit and miss? But, I am not going to delve into this Settings Page until after my run, I need my headset to work so I can listen to some tunes:^)

Thanks again for your suggestion:)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You'd think they'd lead off the known issues with "Continuum does not work", instead of putting it on the last line as an afterthought, as part of a statement about bluetooth! Has anyone tried using continuum on this build?

This post brought to you from the iOther Side

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
For me on my 950 XL DS US, All previously paired devices function perfectly however I am unable to open the devices settings to add anything new. Using the Gadget app + to add also fails. So it seems in this build I will not be able to add any devices.

Edit: I just installed Quick Settings and from there I am able to open the Bluetooth settings page. Interesting.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Battery life with this build in L950 XL, what do you thinK: good or poor??? Although the build has been launched yesterday... l recently buy a new 950 XL. Thanks and greatings!!!

Last edited:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Known issues for Mobile 15031

1. Going to Settings > Devices will crash the Settings app. You will be unable to pair a Bluetooth device. Already paired devices*should continue working.
2. Bluetooth quick action in Action Center*does not work.
3. Continuum will not work when attempting to connect wirelessly. However,*using*Continuum with a dock should work normally.
4. Wireless display functionality is not working (Miracast). Did it work before ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb